Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

It's gonna be all about staying in the game for as long as possible and the who knows?

The pace of Vardy would be a massive bonus for me and also Albrighton whipping in crosses to Ulloa

Going to be our toughest game of the season imo and I only see us losing. Not the games you need to win though

This was their home record against the bottom half at home last season:

Cardiff- 4-1

Fulham- 2-0

Norwich- 0-0

WBA- 2-2

Hull- 2-0

Villa- 2-1

Sunderland- 1-2

West Ham- 0-0

Swansea- 1-0

Palace- 2-1

So, only Cardiff were beaten by three goals, and several managed at least a point. I'm sure Chelsea had most of the game in those matches but we should take encouragement from those stats.

i'd love to see us snatch a point out of this but i think most city fans are just looking for us to play well because everty game at this stage is a massive learning curve. At the end of the day, I'd rather we were picking points up against the teams that will inevitably finish around us than chelsea so wont be too disheartened if we lose

I think the trick is to make them think they will win it easily early on, give them lots of the ball and then they will just ponce around assuming they will walk it in at some point, while we just conserve energy, pretending to be a bit shit but never give them a good site on goal.

We mustn't make the same mistake as Burnley and score against them, that will just make them put us to the sword.

Then in the last 5 minutes as they start to get a little nervous having nothing to show for their 90% possession, we shout surprise, and race up the field with some superb one touch flowing passing and stick one in the net.

Eez-eh.

I think the trick is to make them think they will win it easily early on, give them lots of the ball and then they will just ponce around assuming they will walk it in at some point, while we just conserve energy, pretending to be a bit shit but never give them a good site on goal.

We mustn't make the same mistake as Burnley and score against them, that will just make them put us to the sword.

Then in the last 5 minutes as they start to get a little nervous having nothing to show for their 90% possession, we shout surprise, and race up the field with some superb one touch flowing passing and stick one in the net.

Eez-eh.

I'm sure this will work perfectly, hopefully Pearson's reading

Your obviously not very confident then as 3/5 of that defence are still here and pretty much certain to start.

Replace Bamba & St Ledger with De Laet & Moore and you have a different beast.

Besides, if we're relying on just the back five to keep them out then it's safe to say we'll be annihilated.

Realistically, I will be surprised if we don't lose this pretty comfortably. There's no disgrace in losing here. They are a far superior side to the majority of the league.

Here's an odd one - last time in the Premier League, 23rd August, who's guessing what fixture we had second game?

We've always given Chelsea good games, even when we were in a lower division to them. Historically speaking we have greater than 50% chance of getting something from the game (I know, but it's something), someone posted their results against the bottom 10 last season, Vardy will be back to shock the shit out of them. Every chance we could lose but think people writing us off being too pessimistic and just looking at the names on their team sheet rather than the ones on ours.

:schmike::wes::kingy::vardy:

Underestimate that spine at your peril.

Replace Bamba & St Ledger with De Laet & Moore and you have a different beast.

Besides, if we're relying on just the back five to keep them out then it's safe to say we'll be annihilated.

Realistically, I will be surprised if we don't lose this pretty comfortably. There's no disgrace in losing here. They are a far superior side to the majority of the league.

Here's an odd one - last time in the Premier League, 23rd August, who's guessing what fixture we had second game?

Well I remember it was Chelsea Away first away of that season. Southampton first game at home?

I know everyone on here is saying that we don't expect to get anything from the game and that we will be happy not to get spanked.

Do you think NP is saying the same thing in the dressing room?

I bloody hope not, they may have ripped Burnley apart for 15 minutes and are favourites for the title, but Burnley did score first, and we keep on saying we are better than Burnley, so do we have the wrong attitude? Why can't we go there and compete?

Last season they dropped points at home to West Brom, West Ham, Norwich and Sunderland, they have a lot of players who were on World Cup duty over the summer and a few new players to fit into their side. They also lost quite badly to a Werder Bremen side that caused us no problems.

Don't get me wrong they have some frightening quality in their midfield, but we will create chances, as Burnley did, 9 of them, and we will worry Terry and Cahill with our fast attacking play.

It is a big ask, but I think settling for anything better than a 5-0 defeat is the wrong attitude for anyone to have, and if the players and manager started talking like that before the game we would be livid that we had spent £50 to watch them not even try and win.

After the game, if we lose we can look at the positives, but before the game we have to be thinking about how to win this. We didn't fight for so long to get promoted to just cower at the sight of one of the big boys, we came here to compete and we came here to win!

I would feel more confident having Drinky to dictate our midfield but Hammond came in and did a great job against everton, Morgan and moore will again have to be at there best to snuff out costa but have already had a warm for that in dealing with Lukaku. I wonder if Nigel Pearson will be bold enough to replace Nugent with Wood or Vardy, I would say Vardy will be a sub as hasn't got the match fitness to start this game? but im not sure wood and ulloa work well as a partnership as they have a similar game using there height and strength. 

Mahrez to be a key influence attacking wise for us yet again and I think he can cause Chelsea problem's, depending on fitness again that could decide who start's out of knocky and albrighton so I think Knocky will keep his place in the side. I think going to chelsea we can make ourselves hard to beat and maybe we will set up with ulloa up-front on his own and go with 5 in midfield? Personally I would be happy with another point in this fixture as Chelsea are strong at home. But as many people of mentioned if chelsea underestimate us then I think we can cause an upset, they do have player's that can hurt us and a lot of class in the way of fabregas, but it's how difficult we make it for those player's on the day.

I will be behind the team come win, lose or draw though! :thumbup:  

Mourinho was undefeated at home until Sunderland went there last year. But I do believe they may take us lightly and we can expose them with an early goal but then I reckon they will beat us with their quality. The best thing for us could be ironically not to score early because that will give them the motivation to take us seriously. predict 2-1.chelsea

Archived