Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Don't know if it's been said, but I would sacrifice a front man and put someone man marking Fabregas. He ran the show for Chelsea and containing him will help no end. I can't see us winning this, but I'd like to see us put up a bit of a fight.

When we played Chelsea last we brought Lee Peltier on before half time as Gally was so shit to man mark Mata only for him to be subbed at half time!

The idea of isolating Fabregas is a sensible one, although the only player I can imagine would realistically be able to do it, doesn't even play for us yet! (cambiasso). Who would you suggest we play??

When we played Chelsea last we brought Lee Peltier on before half time as Gally was so shit to man mark Mata only for him to be subbed at half time!

The idea of isolating Fabregas is a sensible one, although the only player I can imagine would realistically be able to do it, doesn't even play for us yet! (cambiasso). Who would you suggest we play??

Hammond, just get him to kick the shit out of him? 

I have no idea, I think king would be ideal but then who do we play in the centre?

I just think that if we can get Fabregas marked out the game we might have a chance of sneaking a draw.

Gallagher went off with an injury.

I know everyone on here is saying that we don't expect to get anything from the game and that we will be happy not to get spanked.

Do you think NP is saying the same thing in the dressing room?

I bloody hope not, they may have ripped Burnley apart for 15 minutes and are favourites for the title, but Burnley did score first, and we keep on saying we are better than Burnley, so do we have the wrong attitude? Why can't we go there and compete?

Last season they dropped points at home to West Brom, West Ham, Norwich and Sunderland, they have a lot of players who were on World Cup duty over the summer and a few new players to fit into their side. They also lost quite badly to a Werder Bremen side that caused us no problems.

Don't get me wrong they have some frightening quality in their midfield, but we will create chances, as Burnley did, 9 of them, and we will worry Terry and Cahill with our fast attacking play.

It is a big ask, but I think settling for anything better than a 5-0 defeat is the wrong attitude for anyone to have, and if the players and manager started talking like that before the game we would be livid that we had spent £50 to watch them not even try and win.

After the game, if we lose we can look at the positives, but before the game we have to be thinking about how to win this. We didn't fight for so long to get promoted to just cower at the sight of one of the big boys, we came here to compete and we came here to win!

Of course Pearson won't be saying the same thing! lol.. imagine if he did! As a fan, I have no qualms in saying I think Chelsea will turn us over. Now if it was Stoke, Hull,,Palace etc..

5 at the back isn't a great idea.

They play 3 in midfield so we need to pack out that. Having 3 CBs mark Costa (loan striker) would be a waste.

I think we need 1 holding cm to sit on oscar and then 2 CMs to play against fabregas and who ever else.

They are strong down the left (again) with hazard so I would put albrighton on the right (i think) because of his experience

But I might have it completely wrong I don't know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that we should try and win the game regardless that we are playing Chelsea away. I would go 3 accross the back with wing backs in a 3-5-2 formation and try and hit them on the break with our pace.

GK: Kasper

LWB: Schlupp

RWB: De Laet

DC: Moore

DC: Morgan

DC: Wasyl

MC: King

MC: Hammond

AMC: Marhez

ST: Ulloa

ST: Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Konchesky, Albrighton, Knockeart, Wood, Nugent, Taylor-Fletcher

Same team as at Everton imo with Hammond in for Drinky. Not keen on rushing people back from injury in a game where we are 90% not going to get anything. Introduce Vardy and Alrighton after 60 minutes.

Same. Always seems to give a penalty against us.

Sheffield United 4-1 on the opening day was the worst, he gave two to them that day.

I remember that game although didn't realise was two pens and forgot he was ref for it.

I do remember the penalty given against Nils Eric-Johansson which he gave handball for despite fact it hit him on the shoulder! Disgusting

Leicester fear a reality check at Chelsea

Kasper Schmeichel celebrates during Leicester's 2-2 opening day draw with Everton -- but Nigel Pearson's men will do well to achieve a similar result at Chelsea.

The ever-bullish Nigel Pearson claims he doesn't fear Saturday's trip to Chelsea but then you would hardly expect the Leicester boss to concede to nerves, especially after an encouraging 2-2 draw with Everton on opening day.

However, Foxes fans know a reality check could be in store at Stamford Bridge, especially after watching Jose Mourinho's stars make Burnley look like a Sunday League side at Turf Moor on Monday night.

- Jacobs: Leicester fight a good sign

Ultimately, points against any of the big four are a bonus, so even a cricket-score defeat won't define whether Leicester survives. Former Crystal Palace and Reading manager Steve Coppell once told me that all relegation-threatened teams -- whether they admit it or not -- run through the fixture list and plot their route to 40 points.

Assuming Pearson has done this, Chelsea vs. Leicester will surely have a giant zero scribbled by it. The Foxes essentially have nothing to lose, expect pride (and of course three points, but I digress...)

Staying up for newly promoted teams is so often about momentum -- using the form and winning mentality from the previous promotion campaign to get points on the board quickly. That's why the draw with Everton was so vital and that's what concerns me about Leicester's early run of fixtures. After Chelsea, City host Arsenal, travel to Stoke and then face Manchester United at the King Power Stadium.

Then comes a comparatively easy run (Crystal Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea and West Brom), but heads may have dropped by then if City can't grind out at least another point first. The bad news is Leicester have won just one Premier League fixture at Stamford Bridge (2-0 in 2001). Thankfully, though, Chelsea's only rout came back in 1994 when a John Spencer brace helped them to a 4-0 triumph. Since then, four of their five home wins in the Premier League have been decided by just a single goal.

More recently, the pair have met twice in domestic cups. The 2012 FA Cup quarterfinal saw Fernando Torres (or the "Spanish Ade Akinbiyi" as I like to call him) end a 24-game drought as Chelsea won 5-2.

Meanwhile in the 2007 League Cup, Leicester, led by unfashionable caretaker Frank Burrows -- a sort of anti-Jose Mourinho, clad on the touchline like a character from Only Fools & Horses -- held a 3-2 lead with three minutes left, only for Andriy Shevchenko and Frank Lampard to score late on.

I said before the season started that Leicester boast a strong midfield but their two top players, Matty James (shin) and Danny Drinkwater (hamstring), are both out of Saturday's game, so it is going to be really tough to compete in the centre of the park.

Andy King will come in and offer a threat going forwards but the club's leading midfield goalscorer isn't known for his defensive discipline. Leicester could desperately do with Argentine destroyer Esteban Cambiasso for this fixture, who played under Mourinho at Inter Milan. But even if his prolonged transfer does go through, the 34-year-old is unlikely to be available for selection in time.

Archived