Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
billyn88

Crystal Palace Away - NOW SOLD OUT

no what you will actually find is a proper ground, not made in ikea.

15 mins from london bridge. with a decent set of supporters.

but you enjoy the day trip to old trafford and anfield. take it you hated l1.

I'm a massive fan of proper grounds (I don't get your reference to Anfield considering that is a proper ground) but at Palace you can't even see. The view is restricted.

I'm a massive fan of proper grounds (I don't get your reference to Anfield considering that is a proper ground) but at Palace you can't even see. The view is restricted.

Yet you love Loftus Road where you struggle to see the goal below from relatively high in the upper tier? lol

Again with Anfield, take it you haven't stood anywhere near the back of the away end there? Inconsistent logic to say the least.

Yet you love Loftus Road where you struggle to see the goal below from relatively high in the upper tier? lol

Again with Anfield, take it you haven't stood anywhere near the back of the away end there? Inconsistent logic to say the least.

To be fair, I've been Loftus Road three times and only sat in the upper tier once which was last season. And I had a good view as I was nearer the front.

Last time I went to Anfield was last time we were in the Prem so cannot really remember but I know it's a horrid view there as well.

I live on the isle of wight so only manage to get to about 3 or 4 games a season. I'm starting to think I won't get to an away game this year as nothing seems to be getting to general release!

Does anyone think this one will?

I would very much doubt it.

I don't really get the love in for Palace away. Shit ground, difficult to get to, fickle home fan base. I have watched us play at Selhurst so many times in recent seasons. It's going to the likes of Anfield, St James's etc that I have been waiting 10 years for. Another trip to this shithole is pretty low on my list.

St James was wank when I went. You need an oxygen mask you're so high up, banter with home fans seemed pretty difficult, and everyone was sitting in our end.

Surely the reason Palace is good is BECAUSE it's a shit ground? (Of course, it depends what you define as 'shit', personally I think it has the main things you want in a football ground - close to the pitch and good acoustics. The Emirates is a shit ground in my view).

The best away games are the ones where everyone is pissed up and singing their heart's out.

I live on the isle of wight so only manage to get to about 3 or 4 games a season. I'm starting to think I won't get to an away game this year as nothing seems to be getting to general release!

Does anyone think this one will?

I doubt you will get tickets for the likes of Man united, Arsenal, Tottenham and a load more.

You might get tickets for Swansea, Sunderland and Hull though.

So travel, whats everyone suggest? I've been a few times to Palace but it never seems to run smoothly! lol

I did read about people drinking at London Bridge? Is that just because people prefer to drink round there or is it actually easier for the route to Palace?

I did see someone say London Bridge was 15 minutes away, i've done a couple of routes and estimated times from London Bridge to Thornton Heath is 34 mins and London Bridge to Selhurst is 37 mins so not sure where 15 mins comes from?

Which is the best station to go to for Palace? Where is best to drink? I've been reading on site about Thornton Heath or Selhurst, I think i've always gone with Selhurst in the past, Is Thornton Heath any easier/better?

So travel, whats everyone suggest? I've been a few times to Palace but it never seems to run smoothly! lol

I did read about people drinking at London Bridge? Is that just because people prefer to drink round there or is it actually easier for the route to Palace?

I did see someone say London Bridge was 15 minutes away, i've done a couple of routes and estimated times from London Bridge to Thornton Heath is 34 mins and London Bridge to Selhurst is 37 mins so not sure where 15 mins comes from?

Which is the best station to go to for Palace? Where is best to drink? I've been reading on site about Thornton Heath or Selhurst, I think i've always gone with Selhurst in the past, Is Thornton Heath any easier/better?

London Bridge, just avoid the slow train which stops at countless stations on the way.

I paid £21 (with a railcard) to go down at 7am and come back around 9pm. Doubt it'll be that cheap now.

Couldn't believe it when I checked a couple of weeks later and they had all gone down to £15.

Am I right in thinking London Bridge is closed the weekend of the game? 

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Either there's some closure most weeks or we just happen to be unlucky with the weekends we go down.

A detour could be fun.

Archived