Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
broughtonblue

Shrewsbury cup match

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anybody going to this? Wasn't going to bother at £15 per ticket, but my cousin who doesn't have a st (because of work commitments can't make sat matches) is pushing me to go.

One stand open, weakened team, but a chance to see some of the development squad?

Could be persuaded

Posted

Having seen the development squad highlights I'd be betting on a Shrewsbury win myself. Looking at our squad we've only got 22 players, 4-5 of which are injured. Probably see Hamer Wasil GTF Hopper and Wood feature but can't see any other first teamers playing.

 

Pearson basically admitted he isn't taking this cup seriously at all.

Posted

Can we play youth team players in this?

This. Hamer in goal and the youth kids. We're stretched as it is and a silly midweek cup game vs Shrewsbury won't help.

Posted

Hamer

Pearson

Wasilewski

Kennedy

Schlupp

Albrighton

Watson

McCourt

Knockaert

Vardy

Wood

This, but maybe Vardy as a sub depending on his fitness.

Posted

Hamer

Pearson

Wasilewski

Kennedy

Schlupp

Albrighton

Watson

McCourt

Knockaert

Vardy

Wood

This. A team capable of winning the game 2 or 3-0. Gives most first-teamers a rest too.

Posted

Hamer

 

Pearson

Wasilewski

Kennedy

Schlupp

 

Albrighton

Watson

McCourt

Knockaert

 

Vardy

Wood

 

I like this team, but I'd put Louis Rowley in at LB and keep Schlupp well rested.

 

And then a youth striker instead of Wood; any of Hopper, Barmby, even Stankevicius. Perfect opportunity for them to show what they can do, then stick the big guns like Ulloa on the bench in case we're ballsing it up with 30 to go.

Posted

Would like pretty much the U21 team

When's their next fixture??

With Wasyl etc from 1st team

 

No Vardy / Nugent / Ulloa / Knocky / Mahrez / King etc

Not worth it

 

+ then I can bet on Shewsbury with those awesome odds.

Posted

My team:

Hamer

Pearson

Was

Sesay

Schlupp

GTF

McCourt

King ©

Knocky

Hopper

Wood

2-0 win (Wood, King)

 

I think it would be mad to risk players like Schlupp, King, Knocky and Wood: we've Arsenal on Sunday, and we need all of our first-teamers to be fit and raring to go/

Posted

I think it would be mad to risk players like Schlupp, King, Knocky and Wood: we've Arsenal on Sunday, and we need all of our first-teamers to be fit and raring to go/

Aren't James, Vardy and Drinky meant to be back for arsenal?? Maybe Kingy will make way?? And we probably won't need Wood off the bench if we have Nuge, Ulloa and Vardy also available. As for knocky and Schlupp, I think we'll start with Albrighton and Mahrez against Arsenal, so I don't think playing in this match will do them any harm. But, hey, that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are many others about. :thumbup:

Posted

Some players could do with minutes, and the likes of De Laet and Nugent could gain some confidence.

If James is fit enough then he should start, same with Vardy. Knockaert and albrighton to play as well.

Posted

Shrewsbury at city in a cup game was probably the greatest game I ever watched.

Posted

Obviously the league is the priority but you want to make sure you have enough to win the game. Playing a completely U21 is a bit unnecessary when we have senior players who need the game time.

Posted

I'm going down as I missed the Everton game and still feel starved of competitive football, even if it will largely be the reserves. Last time I saw the two meet was in a pre-season friendly at their place a few years ago and neither the game nor the result was pretty. Hoping for better on Tuesday.

Posted

I think this game is more important than it looks on paper. Could conceivably go five or six league games as we have done, playing well but not winning; it'd be good for the whole club to pick up a win in that run, even if it is Shrewsbury. Rotate the squad, but don't play a development side.

Posted

I think this game is more important than it looks on paper. Could conceivably go five or six league games as we have done, playing well but not winning; it'd be good for the whole club to pick up a win in that run, even if it is Shrewsbury. Rotate the squad, but don't play a development side.

Sense.!! Agree totally, a decent run, in the cup helps to keep or get in to winning ways.

Being scared of injuries, and playing 3rd string is not the right way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...