Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

And the point is he is now proven in the Premiership, which has to add to his fee. If we go down (and I'm not being totally fatalistic just yet) it's incredibly important we deal well. We have lads like Lawrence who I suspect will do well in the Championship, Cain gaining excellent reviews on loan at a league one side, and we know lots of our existing players can perform well at that level. Whatever happens we need to find a new left back this summer and a tall dominant (Huth like) central defender. We all agree Mahrez should attract a sizeable fee (certainly not less than £10 mill), and if there is interest in Kramaric that will only be because he has done well, and has thus scored goals in the Prem, so I'd expect £10 mill from him too. Schlupp is more of a raw diamond, but if a bid came in around £5 mill I'd be tempted to cash in and reinvest

he's involved in probably 70% of leicester goals (liverpool x2, villa, burnley, everton, hull, arsenal,....)

i dont consider the sitters he gave , so many.

what a season ! playing the PL, WC and AFCON just made him much much better. and just 23 years old

He still needs to work on his finishing as it's abysmal at times, if he does then he'll be a world beater.

Absolutely true.

A truly great player of the ilk of Mahrez also has a finish.

How many like him have we seen playing football, with all the pace and tricks in the world, but little final product.

Mahrez is nearly there, but not quite.

Add that final finish to his play and he'll go to a top class side. OR, they will believe he has it and sign him because they think he can develop it.

Our best player IMO.

I agree with the notion that he'll be VERY sought after comes this summer. He's a joy to watch in the Premier League and the minutes at the AFCON have also led to more exposure.

Either he's got to stay with us (provided we can avoid relegation) or be picked up by a big club for £££. It's about time we get in a decent chunk of money for a player instead of usually having to dish out.

I definitely think we'll lose him if we get relegated. He's just too good. His finishing could use some work (seen too many instances of him working himself into a great position, only to miss by an inch or two. He'd be world class if he could refine his finishing.

the amount of average premier league fans that are noticing him now shows that presumably he'll be on the radar of any manager with half a brain cell. i searched his name on twitter this morning and read back through what people were saying last night. great to see.

i've a feeling he'll be off whether we stay up or not yano. painful to say.

He moved to English Football League Championship club, Leicester City on 11 January 2014, signing a three-and-a-half-year contract.[7][8] Mahrez made his debut on 25 January 2014

He'll have two years remaining in the summer so we should get a decent fee.

6 months short - I wondered but didn't do the research

Assuming he is on 15k a week, his o/s salary package is 1.5mill which must be added to his value

I still think we'll be lucky to get much more than 10 mill but the fact he has two years left means we can afford to tell him he has to stay and help us back up.

If things weren't going well, we can cash in during jan window

If things are going well, we would offer him a new contract on 30k/week

Tbh, given how well he is playing and how vital he is to us, i would offer him an improved package now.

No risk as we are bound to be able to sell him in the summer if we want and whoever buys has to cover his contract value in the fee

What a player! just watched his highlights against arsenal, I think he looks every bit a 20 million. Player. Liverpool paid 20 plus million for lallana similar players so he should get a similar price.

ok we may get relegated and teams think they can get our players on the cheap, but Leeds sold a player half as good for 11m. We were quoted as much I think for the Watford striker. 20m or keep him.

• 2 weeks later...

Riyad Mahrez: Leicester City winger cannot ponder relegation

Winger Riyad Mahrez says he does not even want to contemplate the chance he could be playing Championship football with Leicester City next season.

The Foxes are bottom of the Premier League, four points from safety with 12 games of the season remaining.

Mahrez told BBC East Midlands Today: "I played six months in the Championship but it is too long with 46 games.

"I don't want to think about that. I want to walk out for my team and think we can stay in the Premier League."

Mahrez, 24, joined City from Le Havre in January 2014 and made a big impact in the closing stages of the season.

But despite dominating the second tier of English football last term,they have won just four league games this season. amid constantspeculation that manager Nigel Pearson will be sacked.

The Algeria international has made 21 appearances this term scoring two goals - including a vital winner in the league game against Hull City in December.

_81234446_mahrez_getty2.jpg

Mahrez celebrates with boss Nigel Pearson after scoring his fifth Foxes goal to earn a win over Hull

"It's a big challenge. The Premier League has so many big teams," Mahrez said. "Every game is a big game and much more difficult than the Championship. We are happy to play these games.

"I have a very good relationship with the manager because he brought me to England. The players are behind him and together.

"We are very positive - we have to be. Sometimes it's frustrating because we have played good. We have lots of chances and games we could win. We have to keep on going because we have the quality to stay in the Premier League."

Nothing about any kind of loyalty or affection for the Club. Could have at least paid the clever lip service of implying he might stay for next season when we go down, even though he and everyone else knows even if we stay up he'll be off.

Nothing about any kind of loyalty or affection for the Club. Could have at least paid the clever lip service of implying he might stay for next season when we go down, even though he and everyone else knows even if we stay up he'll be off.

not really any point in lying though, he doesn't want to play for us in the championship. i'm cool with that. he'd love to carry on playing for us in the prem. i'm cool with that too. 

Archived