Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Leicester Deadline Day Thread

Spurs have got him supposedly.

Would be worth enquiring imo, we seem to have a good relationship with ManU and he will get game time and certainly development under pearson, 4/5m is well in our budget (if only a year).

Fair enough if spurs are in for him, guess they are in Europe and the bigger club but would he get the game time?

The guy has no ambition , I think he would have been fantastic for us but wants to stay at Watford why ?? just a thought I had bit of a conspiracy theory , rangers lose remy and Harry goes for a replacement (deeney) despite signing a new contract , Harry throws huge money at it and Watford agree the deal is that why the gaffer resigned ? Just a thought

The guy has no ambition , I think he would have been fantastic for us but wants to stay at Watford why ?? just a thought I had bit of a conspiracy theory , rangers lose remy and Harry goes for a replacement (deeney) despite signing a new contract , Harry throws huge money at it and Watford agree the deal is that why the gaffer resigned ? Just a thought

Their Gaffer was a Tool!!... But Deeney will more than likely sign for QPR at 10.59pm!!

Two more players.

Striker and Winger

Think we will get striker on permanent and then maybe look to loan market for a winger

Or he may just get an attacking player who can play across the front

How many wingers do we want? Knocky, Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp, plus Vardy can play wide. Maybe we could play four wingers in the same match, in which case a couple more would certainly help!

How many wingers do we want? Knocky, Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp, plus Vardy can play wide. Maybe we could play four wingers in the same match, in which case a couple more would certainly help!

Neither Mahrez nor Schlupp will be with us in January, Knockaert's wildly inconsistent, and Albrighton I haven't seen enough of yet to judge but he's not fit in just yet

Schlupp is not a winger, Vardy is not a winger, we have three wide options with no great cover for injuries.

Plus, African Cup of Nations.

Schlupp is not a winger, Vardy is not a winger, we have three wide options with no great cover for injuries.

Plus, African Cup of Nations.

Schlupp's 21 and you've got people saying he's not a forward or a left back either. Out of all of his positions he's looked better on the wing and he's looked better there against better opposition too.

Schlupp's 21 and you've got people saying he's not a forward or a left back either. Out of all of his positions he's looked better on the wing and he's looked better there against better opposition too.

All he lacks at left back is experience, for me. Otherwise it's where he should be playing. He's not technically gifted enough to be an attacker at this level, he's more erratic than Dyer with his end product. You roll a dice every time he strikes a ball, could be a great shot or cross, could go miles. Lucky dip.

That's the sign of a hit and hope merchant. I really do like him and I want him to be a success here but he's best served with his pace and strength as an attacking full back.

Defoe set to leave Toronto

Last Updated: 09:06 01/09/14

Former Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe may be heading back to the Premier League after just five months playing for Toronto FC in the MLS.

Defoe has been linked with a move away from Toronto following the sacking of Ryan Nelsen as coach after their 3-0 defeat by the New England Revolution on Saturday.

Toronto general manager Tim Bezbatchenko confirmed that the club have received an offer for the striker from an undisclosed club, but Sky sources say a move to join former manager Harry Redknapp at QPR is unlikely.

Redknapp signed the 31-year-old, who has scored 15 goals in 16 league games for Toronto, while in charge at his previous two clubs Tottenham and Portsmouth.

Bezbatchenko said: "We have received an offer and have discussed it internally.

"When you have scored as many goals as he has, and have the reputation and background that he has, then it's not uncommon to receive these offers.

"We have received multiple offers before, and in the course of this year, so I want to confirm that we are in talks.

"We are not 100 per cent committed in what we are doing and we have to sit down and talk about what is the best plan of action."

Personally i'd be looking for a Callum Mcmanaman or Nathan Redmond type! I think both of those will cost far too much though.

That Dyer has done well at Watford, scored a few goals and they have just sacked their manager too!  :ph34r:

well i know its early and i might still be dreaming but looking around today at some of the names that seem available and not beyond our realms id be happy with the following 

defoe  wants to come back to the prem and it seems qpr wont be his destination . prem experience and quality

ben arfa    unusual one i know but out of favour and not the best of pals with pardew  also birmingham have enquired so we must be in with a chance  him on the right and mahrez on the left would be nice 

anderson    he wants out van gaal wants him out and would no be expensive and i feel nige would get his mojo back to become the player he used to be . 

am i maybe thinking bigger than we are ?

Is Ben Arfa actually any good? Heard differing things about him. Could be great but doesn't have the attitude currently is what I've heard, but surely if it's just an attitude issue and he doesn't like Pardew, Birmingham wouldn't be the only people interested?

Archived