Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

Kasper

Konchesky                 Morgan                    Moore                        De Laet

Cambiasso

Mahrez                                        King                                          Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Simpson, Waz, Drinkwater, Nugent, Powell, Albrighton.

I don't expect a different formation, if we are going to play 442 against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal then we will play it against Stoke.

Every player knows their role in the 442 and unless we spend the next 2 weeks training to play in a different way I think it would be a mistake to change it for Stoke.

I also don't expect many changes in personnel, the new boys will get their chance but not straight away.

Kasper, Moore, Morgan and Konchesky are guaranteed to start. RDL has been at fault for a couple of goals and if Simpson impresses in training that could be a change.

Mahrez looks our best creative outlet and Schlupp has been superb on the left supporting Konch at getting forward and making things happen, Albrighton hasn't given me a reason yet to put him in the team.

Ulloa is also a must start for me, and I would keep Nugent as his work rate and support of the midfielders is crucial to this formation working, no changes there Vardy to come off the bench if we need a goal.

The real question is CM, to make it easier I'm going to assume James won't be fit, Cambiasso won't have had much time training with the squad so I will have him to make his debut off the bench if we are winning, so 2 from DD, King and Hammond.

If Drinkwater is fit then he has to start, looked good coming on against Arsenal and we will need his drive from midfield to take control of the game. Partnered with Hammond, the work he did breaking up countless Chelsea and Arsenal attacks in the last 2 games was immense, Stoke have a real talent in Bojan in the middle and if Hammond can snuff him out then Drinky can focus on driving us forwards.

Powell and Lawrence will have to prove they have the ability and attitude and fitness to cope with the work rate required of our forward players. We can't afford to carry any passengers, and if they will not match the work rate of Nugent or Schlupp off the ball then they will struggle to replace them.

Kasper

RDL* Moore Morgan Konchesky

Mahrez Drinky Hammond Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Wasyl, Simpson*, Cambiasso, Vardy, Albrighton, Powell,

We just drew 1 - 1 against Arsenal... Same team.

If there will be any changes it will be Hammond out for Drink or Cambiasso, or DeLaet for Simpson.

Either way, fantastic options on the bench.

Basically this. Can't really see many changes at all.

People fail to realise this....Drinkwater is not a like for like replacement of hammond, if you were to play drinkwater it would be in the place of king, or in addition to king.

King and drinkwater as a central pairing would be far too lightweight. Hammond has so far proved what he is capable of, but what has impressed me the most is what pearson calls 'game management'. He makes cynical fouls which none of our other players seem to either have the awareness or balls to do. For example, against everton where he pulled mirallas to the ground when on the break.

for me....

............................kasper

..de laet..morgan.............moore.....konch

..mahrez...king.................hammond..schlupp

...........................nuge

...........................ulloa

Subs - Hamer, simpson, cambiasso, drinky, albrighton , lawrence, vardy

I cannot seeing ulloa getting as much joy, but i also cannot see vardy either..

a- being fit for 60-70 mins or

b- being effective at the same time

I would probably bring him on around the 50th minute.

SCHMEICHEL

DE LAET      MOORE      MORGAN      SCHLUPP

CAMBIASSO

DRINKWATER

MAHREZ                                        KNOCKAERT

VARDY

ULLOA

SUBS: HAMER, ,WAS, SIMPSON, KING, POWELL, NUGENT, WOOD

*CHUCK LAWRENCE IN THE DEVELOPMENT SQUAD FOR A FEW MONTHS TO SORT HIS BIG EGO OUT*

So Lawrence has been here a few hours and you know him personally.

Yet another player that deserves support being slagged off and we know fvck all about him.

Don't know if Nige will really want to change a team that has worked so hard to earn 2 points form a very tough 3 games. I'd imagine the same XI, or 1 or 2 changes absolute maximum. I think Drinkwater will force his way into the team eventually and ultimately stay there, and you could perhaps bung James, Cambiasso, Powell, Albrighton and Vardy in that group too. But, for now i'd stick with the same XI. I'd probably go with Hamer, Simpson, Was, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Powell and Vardy. Could easily argue a case for the rest too, but i think that gives the most options from the bench, with the exception of a wide option.

Sorry... suppose ego was the wrong word. i dont want to judge him and your right i should support him.

Just he was interviewed on sky sports news in a car last night after the transfer had happened and i dont know if it was a bit of arrogance or something but there was something there i didnt like and made me feel that he may think he will walk into the team which i definately dont think will be the case.

I suppose you've got to think about it, stoke will play direct (hoof ball) we need to think what players will be good to deal with the in air battles, Cambiasso's experience might help us out with this game.

I'd go with

Schmeichel

De laet

Morgan

Moore

Koncheskey

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

Ulloa

Sorry... suppose ego was the wrong word. i dont want to judge him and your right i should support him.

Just he was interviewed on sky sports news in a car last night after the transfer had happened and i dont know if it was a bit of arrogance or something but there was something there i didnt like and made me feel that he may think he will walk into the team which i definately dont think will be the case.

He was probably tired it was well past his bed time...

People fail to realise this....Drinkwater is not a like for like replacement of hammond, if you were to play drinkwater it would be in the place of king, or in addition to king.

King and drinkwater as a central pairing would be far too lightweight. Hammond has so far proved what he is capable of, but what has impressed me the most is what pearson calls 'game management'. He makes cynical fouls which none of our other players seem to either have the awareness or balls to do. For example, against everton where he pulled mirallas to the ground when on the break.

for me....

............................kasper

..de laet..morgan.............moore.....konch

..mahrez...king.................hammond..schlupp

...........................nuge

...........................ulloa

Subs - Hamer, simpson, cambiasso, drinky, albrighton , lawrence, vardy

I cannot seeing ulloa getting as much joy, but i also cannot see vardy either..

a- being fit for 60-70 mins or

b- being effective at the same time

I would probably bring him on around the 50th minute.

Yes!

Thank you I have been saying this for three years and was starting to think I was going mad.

SCHMEICHEL

DE LAET      MOORE      MORGAN      SCHLUPP

CAMBIASSO

DRINKWATER

MAHREZ                                        KNOCKAERT

VARDY

ULLOA

SUBS: HAMER, ,WAS, SIMPSON, KING, POWELL, NUGENT, WOOD

*CHUCK LAWRENCE IN THE DEVELOPMENT SQUAD FOR A FEW MONTHS TO SORT HIS BIG EGO OUT*

Knockaert??

Just he was interviewed on sky sports news in a car last night after the transfer had happened and i dont know if it was a bit of arrogance or something but there was something there i didnt like and made me feel that he may think he will walk into the team which i definately dont think will be the case.

Just he was interviewed on sky sports news in a car last night after the transfer had happened and i dont know if it was a bit of arrogance or something but there was something there i didnt like and made me feel that he may think he will walk into the team which i definately dont think will be the case.

Thought that as well , but maybe he was tired.....benefit of the doubt for now .

So how do we do this tactically? How best to counter their thuggish hoofball, apart from bringing neck pillows?

Pick a team of our quickest, agile players to duck and dive and tear their thick Neanderthals to shreds with the counter-attacking and slick passing moves that we do so well? Our co-operative pressing of the ball and relentless harrying should scare their halfwits shitless early doors.

Or fight fire with fire and play our heavies?

I suggest everyone wears shirts a couple of sizes below their own to make it more difficult for them to ply their absolutely shameless and scandalous tactics at corners.

So how do we do this tactically? How best to counter their thuggish hoofball, apart from bringing neck pillows?

Pick a team of our quickest, agile players to duck and dive and tear their thick Neanderthals to shreds with the counter-attacking and slick passing moves that we do so well? Our co-operative pressing of the ball and relentless harrying should scare their halfwits shitless early doors.

Or fight fire with fire and play our heavies?

I suggest everyone wears shirts a couple of sizes below their own to make it more difficult for them to ply their absolutely shameless and scandalous tactics at corners.

They don't really play hoofball anymore.

Hughes has totally changed their style.

We need pick a team to beat Stoke. We are more likely to have more of the ball do need to pick players like Drinkwater who can keep the ball.

Id be surprised if King gets 'dropped' but I expect either Dtinkwater or Cambiasso to come in. Hammond has been good but the type of games we have had suits him from a defensive point of view.

Archived