AKCJ Posted 2 September 2014 Posted 2 September 2014 http://www.sportlobster.com/news/54439/a-new-chapter-begins.html I was quite surprised when Harry Redknapp pulled me into his office, said Leicester City had made an enquiry, how do I feel and that he was happy to let me go. I had enjoyed a good pre-season and was ready to hit the ground running in the Premier League, so it was a little bit of a shock after the year I had and the team. I thought about what he said and decided I wanted to play for Leicester City and improve my opportunity for first-team football. Harry’s brought in a lot of players, so you have to respect his decision. However, I am ready to push on with Leicester now and work as hard as I possibly can. I feel it will be a fantastic move for me, because it is a brilliant club with excellent training facilities and a lively stadium. Plus, everyone has been top-class with me so far. I am extremely excited for this new chapter of my career.I think Leicester City have the same target as Queens Park Rangers, which is to first reach the 40-point mark. However, I have only been with the club for a couple of days. I just know that everyone is excited and looking to pick up results straight away. I am buzzing to be staying in the Premier League and hopefully I can repay Nigel Pearson’s faith in me with some good performances and work hard for him the team and the fans.The team’s performance against Arsenal was fantastic, but they showed their qualities in the Championship last season. They stormed to the league title and were always a difficult team to play against. When Arsenal took the lead, some may have expected heads to go down. However, the boys were determined to get back into the game and they may have scored another and nicked the three points. Obviously, my first aim is earning a place in the Leicester City first-team, but I understand I have to work extremely hard in training if I want to achieve this. We’ve had three games so far and I think we are showing enough quality to suggest we are a Premier League team. The boys also performed very well against Chelsea. So, the first thing I have to do is settle in and train hard to hopefully break into the starting line-up. If I can be a part of results like the one at the weekend, I will be happy. I haven’t had any initiation or singsong yet and I hope it stays that way . Every single one of the players has been welcoming and it is great to hear that everyone shares the same idea, which is to stay in the Premier League. I also know a few players from my Manchester United days, such as Danny Drinkwater, Ritchie De Laet and Matty James and so it makes my integration into the squad much easier. I have so much respect for the Queens Park Rangers fans, because they were so good to me from day one. I have had so many messages, comments and tweets supporting my move and some saying they are sad to see me leave. Therefore, I would like to say thanks to the fans and also good luck to QPR this season. I want the QPR fans to enjoy themselves and i will never forget my time their.To the Leicester City fans, I want to say thanks for the incredible welcome they’ve given me and that I am ready to give 110% for them and enjoy a good season back in the Premier LeagueDanny
Jaspa Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 I have so much respect for the Queens Park Rangers fans, because they were so good to me from day one. I have had so many messages, comments and tweets supporting my move and some saying they are sad to see me leave. Therefore, I would like to say thanks to the fans and also good luck to QPR this season. I want the QPR fans to enjoy themselves and i will never forget my time their. To the Leicester City fans, I want to say thanks for the incredible welcome they’ve given me and that I am ready to give 110% for them and enjoy a good season back in the Premier League Danny It was great until there
Jakemoore Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 That's a great article. Well said Danny, people questioned your attitude but if this is anything to go by then you're more than welcome in our harmonious club. Welcome to Leicester, you'll do well, I am sure.
PAPA LAZAROU Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 And his math needs looking at you cannot possibly give 110%.
Eddie Big Balls Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 My mam taught him French while he was at school - apparently he was a massive dickhead.
Charl91 Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 My mam taught him French while he was at school - apparently he was a massive dickhead. Is that a surprise? Footballers generally are dickheads.
Raw Dykes Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Maths. Thank you! Americanisms annoy me so much. Especially when they're clearly wrong, like the way they do dates (mm/dd/yy. Wtf? That's like tens/units/hundreds. Idiots!). This is clearly wrong, too. How can math be short for mathematics, which is a plural? What's the shortened version of crocodiles? Crocs or just croc? "Look at all those croc." "I could care less" is another stupid one.
leicesterisme Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 My mam taught him French while he was at school - apparently he was a massive dickhead. To be fair a lot of people were dickheads at school, dosen't mean they are going to be one all their life.
BigMicky Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Thank you! Americanisms annoy me so much. Especially when they're clearly wrong, like the way they do dates (mm/dd/yy. Wtf? That's like tens/units/hundreds. Idiots!). This is clearly wrong, too. How can math be short for mathematics, which is a plural? What's the shortened version of crocodiles? Crocs or just croc? "Look at all those croc." "I could care less" is another stupid one. Agreed!!! "Congrats" does my head in as does "game time"..
Mad Dog Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Thank you! Americanisms annoy me so much. Especially when they're clearly wrong, like the way they do dates (mm/dd/yy. Wtf? That's like tens/units/hundreds. Idiots!). This is clearly wrong, too. How can math be short for mathematics, which is a plural? What's the shortened version of crocodiles? Crocs or just croc? "Look at all those croc." "I could care less" is another stupid one. Ha - I have to live here, you don't know the half of it. I'll tell you one thing though. The quality of birds here (California) is 300, 400% better than in England, and here's the mad thing; they absolutely love English lads. You can't not pull. It's mental.
Babylon Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 It was great until there He did well to get that far without a mistake, half our lot struggle with 140 characters on twitter. The where, were, we're, there, their, they're problems are rife.
MC Prussian Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Hate to play the spoilsport, but I just wish people would read existing threads more thoroughly: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/96893-danny-simpson/?p=3129125
Eddy Kellys Heroes Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 To be honest I was a Dick head at school, most people I know say I still am?
JonnyBoy Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 great attitude, seems like he will fight for his place and not just pick up wages
Sol thewall Bamba Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Is that a surprise? Footballers generally are dickheads. Kids are generally dickheads at school would be a more reasonable assumption...
Austin Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Cracking attitude, let's hope he has a solid season with us!
LAprice_ Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 He was out warming up with the team pre-match and at halftime despite not even being on the bench. He does seem very keen to prove a point. You can tell that he's disappointed with Harry Redknapp for not giving him a chance. That should really drive him for success at Leicester.
lcfc81 Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Thank you! Americanisms annoy me so much. Especially when they're clearly wrong, like the way they do dates (mm/dd/yy. Wtf? That's like tens/units/hundreds. Idiots!). This is clearly wrong, too. How can math be short for mathematics, which is a plural? What's the shortened version of crocodiles? Crocs or just croc? "Look at all those croc." "I could care less" is another stupid one. (mm/dd/yy) is much better for ordering files or data entries on a computer though, (dd/mm/yy) is a nightmare at this.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.