Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United pre-match thread

"Oddly I reckon Leicester City will provide more of a threat to us compared to QPR so this wont be a walk in the park."

Oddly?! Wtf?

I thought that was strange, comfortably better than them last season and have started in a better fashion this time.

They'll be confident after today's result and performance but we're no pushovers and I can see us scoring.

I thought that was strange, comfortably better than them last season and have started in a better fashion this time.

They'll be confident after today's result and performance but we're no pushovers and I can see us scoring.

Yeah! We walk the division and start the season strongly, QPR scrape through the playoffs and start poorly, and there are people who think they're more of a threat! Why?

I think it will be quite a close match next week. Man Utd still don't look very good defensively, and I can see them reverting to type if we can score first. Hopefully, they'll be a bit complacent and we can score a giant killing.

Play that shape and personnel against utd and we will surrender our unbeaten home record.

What he said.  The lack of width is highly disturbing.

My XI:

KS

RDL   WM   L M    PK

DH

DD         EC

RM                        JS

LU 

Yeah! We walk the division and start the season strongly, QPR scrape through the playoffs and start poorly, and there are people who think they're more of a threat! Why?

arry, loads of run of the mill average premier league players, but players they've heard of. and cost 5mill+. not young, exciting players playing superbly as a team like ourselves. 

arry, loads of run of the mill average premier league players, but players they've heard of. and cost 5mill+. not young, exciting players playing superbly as a team like ourselves.

Sad as that is, it's true, I know. Actually, come to think of it, if anything, it's probably for the best if we can fly under the radar for as long as possible and keep on surprising the opposition.

What he said.  The lack of width is highly disturbing.

My XI:

KS

RDL   WM   L M    PK

DH

DD         EC

RM                        JS

LU 

Sorry to knitpick but can people not just post the players' names? I actually work out who some of those were.

Sad as that is, it's true, I know. Actually, come to think of it, if anything, it's probably for the best if we can fly under the radar for as long as possible and keep on surprising the opposition.

yeah doesn't bother me too much, irks me somewhat when someone whacks a link of here of fans like stoke saying "wot is a mah ris? we gona beet dese lol". but so far we're only four games in and everyone who's seen us so far has been complimentary, bar stoke who we beat, (coincidence?!) and all the pundits who've watched us have changed their minds regarding us definitely going down already :D 

Sorry to knitpick but can people not just post the players' names? I actually work out who some of those were.

Really?!??

Obviously the KS in goal in Ken Samer.

Left of the front 3, JS, clearly Jamie Sardy. DD in midfield would be Datty Dames, and EC is Endy Cing.

Not really difficult to work out the team from the initials is it.

Really?!??

Obviously the KS in goal in Ken Samer.

Left of the front 3, JS, clearly Jamie Sardy. DD in midfield would be Datty Dames, and EC is Endy Cing.

Not really difficult to work out the team from the initials is it.

South African?

You're right - that result today was probably ideal for us. Obviously, QPR dropped points, but that looks less important than it was with them being cack. The main thing is that Utd won. The pressure's off them now, and hopefully that means their guard will be down. With any luck, they'll show up expecting another easy 3 points off another poor promoted club, and we'll wipe the smug looks off their faces.

I know I'm getting carried away, but a win from this match would make me so happy.

Yep. A lot of people are taking the piss (and rightly so after their start) out of United but this isn't exactly the mess that are Newcastle- we're talking Falcao, Blind, Di Maria and Rooney. All it takes is for them to turn up and be up for it and we could be in trouble. Our lads put up a valiant fight against Chelsea and gave them a real fight for 60 minutes, but when they decided they wanted to win they turned it up a notch and eased to a win. Obviously Man U have shown nothing like Chelsea have produced in the opening games but there is some serious talent in that squad.

But as I said earlier, now they've got that annihilation out the way I'm hoping they turn up slightly complacent and we put in a best performance, a sneaky 3-2 win and a day to remember for Leicester fans.

I do get the feeling we will lose this. Purely because they've turned a corner and have some ridiculous talent now. 

However, I expect us to put up a hell of a better performance than the first half on Saturday and QPR did against Utd today.

Gonna predict a 2-1 loss but think if they aren't on their game we could nick a draw like we did with Arsenal and Everton.

Hamer

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Mahrez - Cambiasso - Drinkwater - Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Unfortunately... Leicester 0-1 Manchester United; Di Maria. I think we'll lose but give another solid account of ourselves.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Hammond

Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

still think that Nugent will play instead of Vardy.  Other than that I think that could be the starting 11.  Unfortunate for Kingy if he does have to go back to the bench.

Knockaert should be nowhere near the squad for this, not what we need for this type of game, we need defensive(ish) wide men, and wide men who will be able to counter attack with threat. Same side that was on when Ulloa scored vs Stoke, bench of- Smith/Hamer if Kaspers fit, Simpson,Was, King, Albrighton, Vardy, Mahrez

Yet you have Mahrez on the bench?

Mahrez got no service what so ever and no help when he got the ball in a woeful team effort in the first half.

He had a few shit touches but judging him on that first half alone would be daft. By contrast, Nugent played on in to the second half and was still very poor.

Yes he can contribute with defensive running but so can Vardy, who gives much more pace and direction. They'd be my choice along with Ulloa. Mahrez has been otherwise excellent this season and his running and passing has created chances everywhere.

Don't think NP would agree with anything you have written above.  Thank goodness we have him in charge!

Are people still badgering out about making loads of changes!? Just because you're picking the best 11 players doesn't mean it will set up to be the best team.

Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Vardy etc will have to stay patient, the ones in control of the jersey are keeping it by playing fvcking well and getting points.

Not easy just bringing these players in, because it will result in a different shape and style of play, and the style we have adopted against the 3 'big teams' we have played so far has been pretty effective.

Hamer (Preferably Kasper)

RDL
Moore
Morgan
Konch

Schlupp
Hammond
King (Possibly DD)
Mahrez

Nugent
Ulloa

Subs = Smith, Simpson, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Knockaert, Vardy

the team that started the second half yesterday starts vs united for me, with mahrez in for schlupp. unless kasper is fit. 

vardy is our best attacking threat but i just can't work out where he's getting in this team. not for mahrez, not for nuge and definitely not for ulloa. bide his time i guess. incredibly harsh on king but what can you do? i love the man more than most on here but he's not as good as drinky or cambiasso and hammond does a slightly different role that benefits those two more. 

to be honest, i cannot believe i'm actually going to type this but i don't really care what team we put out, i'd be confident anyone from this whole squad in any formation chosen by nige will put in a good performance against united. probably not enough to take anything from the game, but put in another inspiring performance that will again show we can hold our own for large parts against some of the best players in the world. 

Archived