Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Itsthejoeker

Restaurants

The Case.

The Case - interesting. Has a Champagne Bar underneath that must be one of the worst in England. Tatty dog eared menu, tables full of previous occupants debris and if you want to take your bottle upto The Case, then no problem, take it up yourself.

Can't recall what was actually on the Champagne menu, but in my book it certainly isn't the sort of place you want to have a nice bottle or two of bubbles in.

Then you leave after your food and take your chances as you pass the Market Tavern and Molly's.

The actual restaurant has a nice feel to it, just a shame it's where it is and the Champagne Bar is woeful.

They actually had a Dom Perignon 1998 when I was in there last time, think it was about £600.

I ctually quite like Champagne bar, obviously it looks a bit rough and can get cold because of it's location but it's often a decent starting point for a night in town. You just have to keep a tab on what you are spending as if it's your card behind the car it can become an expensive night very quickly.

The lack of quality of both bars and restaurants show a need to create more special areas within our City.

Highcross is fine, but full of the big chains. The curve area is good, but far too small.

Need to create an area around the river, just like Birmingham did and make an area full of quality restaurants and bars. We need to create a destination in town, like Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool and many other big Cities.

Aroma Spice in Birstall is a tidy Injun and I'm not just saying that because it's round the corner.

The lamb makhoni from Aroma Spice is probably my favourite Indian dish ever, it's fantastic

Gone and booked a table for me and the missus at The Windmill, menu and photos looked spot-on

there are 2 in town which one did you go to? Red Hot or Zucherro? I been to both and Zucherro wasnt brilliant but i found Red Hot really good

Zucchero is vile, RH is slightly less so but it's hardly about quality in them places is it.

Has anyone ever been to that posh place, think it's called Nandos ( pronounced Narndoes)? It does a good steak.

Zucchero is vile, RH is slightly less so but it's hardly about quality in them places is it.

Has anyone ever been to that posh place, think it's called Nandos ( pronounced Narndoes)? It does a good steak.

If i wanted to go for absolute quality i would hardly go to a buffet restaurant. Its all about variety and i find RH to have a large variety with the food not exactly bad IMO.

If you want quality then for me its the Grey Lady in Newtown Linford or Ashfields in Earl Shilton. Never had a bad meal in those places

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for people's best Indian restaurant option - so far Lilu seems to be top. Any others I should consider? Doesn't have to be central.

ive heard good things about Chutney Ivy. Never been there myself bu im interested to know what other people think.

as im from Glenfield i do enjoy the curry from Sands. The midweek meal deal i think is pretty good value

Archived