Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

When I saw the fixture list, I knew this would be the first game I got particularly nervous before and I'm a little worried already. Not because I think they're good, they're pretty shit, but that's the point.

I'd have taken anything from fixtures up til now, two wins and two draws is immense. But this is the first game of the season we really should win, against a team that'll let us have the ball and will be defensively solid. Exactly the sort of side we struggle to break down.

We must score early.

When I saw the fixture list, I knew this would be the first game I got particularly nervous before and I'm a little worried already. Not because I think they're good, they're pretty shit, but that's the point.

I'd have taken anything from fixtures up til now, two wins and two draws is immense. But this is the first game of the season we really should win, against a team that'll let us have the ball and will be defensively solid. Exactly the sort of side we struggle to break down.

We must score early.

Couldn't agree more, we have to start he game with real attacking urgency and try and get a early goal it will force them to sop defending so deep  and give us more chance to ge a second and seal the the game. what i dont want to see is the back 4 and the midfield passing around just inside there half doing nothing trying to be be patient expecting them them to make a mistake by drawing them out, its not going to happen in my opinion they are playing for a 0-0 we have to attack from the get go try to getting some movement down the wings and decent crosses into the box

For me, its time to give a couple of players a chance now.

I'd give Simpson a start, see how he dos and defo start James.....

Burnley play 4-4-2 dont they? So maybe match them and play Vardy/Ulloa top with James and Cambiasso CM..... although Drinwkater may have a shout there still, its good competition as i dont think either King or Hammond have done too much wrong. Hammond is just very limited and defo not the answer in a midfield 2.

I'd like to see Powell at least on the bench too

My team would be

Schmichael

Simpson

Morgan

Moore (even though Moore I think needs a rest)

Konchesky

Mahrez

Hammond

James

Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

You wouldnt play Vardy, Cambiasso or Drinkwater?

For me, its time to give a couple of players a chance now.

I'd give Simpson a start, see how he dos and defo start James.....

Burnley play 4-4-2 dont they? So maybe match them and play Vardy/Ulloa top with James and Cambiasso CM..... although Drinwkater may have a shout there still, its good competition as i dont think either King or Hammond have done too much wrong. Hammond is just very limited and defo not the answer in a midfield 2.

I'd like to see Powell at least on the bench too

You wouldnt play Vardy, Cambiasso or Drinkwater?

No as I think Drinkwater has been shocking so far, Cambiasso at the moment is better coming off the bench to change a game ala Stoke, and Vardy I think would be a better option to come off the bench at the moment because he will be a marked man by opposition players and referees after what happened against Man Utd.  Plus I think at this time Nugent and Ulloa is our better partnership

This has "danger" written all of it and only because we had a poor Palace game and Burnley have some issue about us being bigger and better. If we lose this home game then I will have doubts about the remainder of the season.

Even allowing for last Sat poor performance this should be on form to date an easy clean sheet 3 or 4 goal victory!

Should be......??? Time will tell!

This has "danger" written all of it and only because we had a poor Palace game and Burnley have some issue about us being bigger and better. If we lose this home game then I will have doubts about the remainder of the season.

Even allowing for last Sat poor performance this should be on form to date an easy clean sheet 3 or 4 goal victory!

Should be......??? Time will tell!

Why should it be an easy clean sheet and 3 or 4 goal victory looke at Burnleys results against Man Utd and Palace both Nil - Nil its going to be tight so 1-0 or 0-0 will suit me fine as long as we dont lose

True enough and I will take any win but we have more firepower on form to date and they have scored once for the whole season so really it should a comfortable non nail biting win but we all know how the LCFC can lets us down when we expect better however we had a poor one last weekend so hopefully that is out of our system. However Burnley are due to score and they will at some stage have to pinch a win - just not this week.

Burnley haven't won a game all season and they have only scored 1 League goal so far, are home record has been great and i know we are good enough to beat them almost always my only worry is how the players can bounce back from the poor palace performance playing a similar style team . losing this game is not even a option

For me we must play with 4 in midfield. They will either go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. We need to control the game in the middle of the pitch so for me i would go with.

Schmeichel

De Laet   Morgan   Moore   Konch

Mahrez   Drinkwater   Cambiasso   Schluup

Ulloa   Vardy

With Cambiasso sitting in front of the back 4 and Drinkwater ahead of him they can both control the midfield. Its more the formation for me though rather than personnel cause i wouldnt begrudge seeing James or Hammond in the middle, Albrighton on the wing or Nugent up front. Nugent always scores against Burnley so may be worth giving Ulloa or Vardy a rest and bring on if needed.

I cant remember Leicester ever having so much strength in depth.  I genuinely dont mind who Pearson picks cause there all more than capable of playing in the prem and against Burnley who have had a poor start attacking wise but decent (bar West Brom) at the back.

This will simply come down to if we can score early. For me we score early forcing them to attack i honestly can see a demolition. But more than likely it will be a solid defence performance from Burnley and will be a really tight game.

Im going to say we will win 1-0 Nugent with the goal.

I will be very disappointed if we fail to win. I believe we can beat anyone at home and if were going to survive then Burnley at home is arguably our easiest fixture of the whole season.

I hope after Saturday that we revert back to our midfield three of Drinkwater, James, Cambiasso (if fit)

If Cambiasso is not fit then King to start. Hammond has done well this season but he is too slow and more often than not passes the ball sideways and backwards. Plus, he gives away too many free kicks.

Burnley are defensively solid but if you score first they are liable to cave in as what happened yesterday against Wba. Until Vokes and Ings come back for them I can't see where they are going to score from?

Having said that we are Leicester and we are often charitable to the opposition.

We do need to beat Burnley and we are at home. Please let's get another three points on the board and have eleven which will constitute a great start after seven games.

No as I think Drinkwater has been shocking so far, Cambiasso at the moment is better coming off the bench to change a game ala Stoke, and Vardy I think would be a better option to come off the bench at the moment because he will be a marked man by opposition players and referees after what happened against Man Utd.  Plus I think at this time Nugent and Ulloa is our better partnership

I wouldnt say Drinkwater has been shocking, he came on against Stoke and was very good and then performed well against United last week, how an earth is that shocking?

Playing Hammond in a 2 man centre midfield is not the answer, he's too slow. He's better in a 3 when he has more support around him.

Plus dropping Vardy is crazy, one of our most dangerous players

we won't be doing a lot of counterattacking against Burnley where our pace is an advantage. When Palace sat back we struggled to break them down and I expect Burnley to adopt the same tactics. IMO we need Cambiasso to play - he usually picks the right pass and we're going to need someone who can unlock their defence.

I'd also like to see both Mahrez and Vardy play, they both take on defenders and cause them problems.

If we can get a lead that will draw Burnley out and we could get more, until that happens I fear that it's going to be a slog.

Looked awful yesterday! Really should be beating these and I wont be saying that about many teams this season.

West Brom suprised me with how well they played. Looked really confident all game.

Can't see Burnley scoring enough goals to keep them up so hopefully thats 1 place taken of the bottom 3

Why would we swap an attacking full back for a defensive one when we are going to be up against a defensive team that can't score for toffee?

The game to play Simpson over De Laet was the last one, in the same way that the game to not play Ulloa was the last one, not this one where we are going to need a focal point to our attack and to take our chances.

It doesn't matter how someone played against Crystal Palace or Man United, it is about how they will play against Burnley. Ulloa must start as Burnley have decent centre halves but not as good as Palace and we will get a number of crosses in, which is why someone like Albrighton could feature, but he doesn't seem to be impressing much. Burnley full backs won't attack as much as United's did so I wouldn't go 433/diamond/whatever you call it. so back to 442/4411That means leaving out someone (not dropping them).

As others have said this could be a game for Knocky to unlock their defence with a bit of magic, but I would say do it off the bench, I would also have Vardy coming off the bench and start Nugent, he always scores against Burnley and the pressure he puts the defence under will lead to us having chances.

The key to scoring will be winning the ball high up the pitch and getting on the attack before Burnley can set themselves, or patient build up pulling them out of position and working an opening, for both those reasons we should have Mahrez.

In the middle it has to be 2 from Drinkwater, James and Cambiasso, no point in having Hammond in, maybe to come off the bench to shore things up if we are hanging on to a lead, but we want to attack, if James is back to full fitness I would go with James and Drinkwater, save Cambiasso for when we play a midfield 3. James is the best set-piece taker and Drinky will drive the attack forward.

Unchanged back 4.

Kasper

RDL, Moore, Morgan, Konch

Mahrez, Drinkwater, James, Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Was, Cambiasso, Hammond, Vardy, Albrighton, Knocky

I hope after Saturday that we revert back to our midfield three of Drinkwater, James, Cambiasso (if fit)

If Cambiasso is not fit then King to start. Hammond has done well this season but he is too slow and more often than not passes the ball sideways and backwards. Plus, he gives away too many free kicks.

Burnley are defensively solid but if you score first they are liable to cave in as what happened yesterday against Wba. Until Vokes and Ings come back for them I can't see where they are going to score from?

Having said that we are Leicester and we are often charitable to the opposition.

We do need to beat Burnley and we are at home. Please let's get another three points on the board and have eleven which will constitute a great start after seven games.

Hopefully our charity game was against palace and that was a reality check -I hope that the players are hurting from that toothless display. Now we are at home, no vokes or Ings to bother about against a team that got hammered by West brom - no need for too much chopping and changing but NP needs to give them a clear steer on the tactical side so they are clear on the system he wants and all should be well

We must score early.

Dunno where you get that from? Palace was the first game we had decent possession this season, most games last season we had the lions share and managed to win with teams sitting back.

drinkwater was awful against palace. I would like to see mahrez in for nugent and james in for hammond.

Schmeichel

De Laet        Moore         Morgan        Konchesky

James         Cambiasso       King               

Mahrez                                                 Vardy        

Ulloa         

Why would we swap an attacking full back for a defensive one when we are going to be up against a defensive team that can't score for toffee?

The game to play Simpson over De Laet was the last one, in the same way that the game to not play Ulloa was the last one, not this one where we are going to need a focal point to our attack and to take our chances.

It doesn't matter how someone played against Crystal Palace or Man United, it is about how they will play against Burnley. Ulloa must start as Burnley have decent centre halves but not as good as Palace and we will get a number of crosses in, which is why someone like Albrighton could feature, but he doesn't seem to be impressing much. Burnley full backs won't attack as much as United's did so I wouldn't go 433/diamond/whatever you call it. so back to 442/4411That means leaving out someone (not dropping them).

As others have said this could be a game for Knocky to unlock their defence with a bit of magic, but I would say do it off the bench, I would also have Vardy coming off the bench and start Nugent, he always scores against Burnley and the pressure he puts the defence under will lead to us having chances.

The key to scoring will be winning the ball high up the pitch and getting on the attack before Burnley can set themselves, or patient build up pulling them out of position and working an opening, for both those reasons we should have Mahrez.

In the middle it has to be 2 from Drinkwater, James and Cambiasso, no point in having Hammond in, maybe to come off the bench to shore things up if we are hanging on to a lead, but we want to attack, if James is back to full fitness I would go with James and Drinkwater, save Cambiasso for when we play a midfield 3. James is the best set-piece taker and Drinky will drive the attack forward.

Unchanged back 4.

Kasper

RDL, Moore, Morgan, Konch

Mahrez, Drinkwater, James, Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Was, Cambiasso, Hammond, Vardy, Albrighton, Knocky

I don't think you'll be far off with that team.

I'd like to see Knocky get some game time and I am not even a big fan of his, I think this is his type of game and given he's been on the outside for a few games I'll think he has something to prove.

I have doubts over Nugent at this level but apart from Saturday he's work so well with Ulloa and I see no reason to change this against a team bottom of the league. I am not sure his previous goal scoring record against Burnley counts.

James looks ready to go and I think it's time he came in for Hammond. I'd go with Drinky over Cambiasso if we do start James.

All in all I think we will win on Saturday but I just have that feeling this could be when Burnley have a reaction.

Archived