Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Think Mahrez will come back in for this one. Cambiasso and Drinkwater/James in the middle. Vardy/Ulloa up top with Nugent just behind those 2. Defence to stay the same as will Kasper in goal. 

GOod chance to get back on track and with Burnley's poor scoring form it's also a good chance for the defenders to get some confidence back. Based on Burnley's performances so far this season, we really have to be beating these. 

MacArthur would not have signed to spend the season on the bench. Neither would cambiasso. You need some continuity week to week. We have enough in midfield. If we stay up and look settled, we should be setting our sights on better players than MacArthur if we see fit to strengthen in that area. I thought it was a positive statement not to sign him.

Btw, looking at burnley, I think the diamond would be effective as they don't have much pace out wide. perhaps Nigel will stick with it?

Think Mahrez will come back in for this one. Cambiasso and Drinkwater/James in the middle. Vardy/Ulloa up top with Nugent just behind those 2. Defence to stay the same as will Kasper in goal. 

GOod chance to get back on track and with Burnley's poor scoring form it's also a good chance for the defenders to get some confidence back. Based on Burnley's performances so far this season, we really have to be beating these.

What has mahrez done to knock vardy/ulloah from there positions?

Burnley were dire today probably due to missing four key players, if they have not returned from injury on Saturday we should win comfortably.

Well 2 of those definitely won't play - Ings & Vokes. 

Not sure when Marney and the other guy are due back.

It will be a tough game if the majority of their first team are fit to play. It might be stating the obvious too, but getting the first goal will be crucial. Judging by today's game, if we get the first goal then the pressure will be on them massively. That many games without a goal is very concerning for any team.

Burnley haven't scored a goal for 6 whole matches including three at home.

They have gone 616 minutes without scoring a single goal... We have to win at least 1-0 but a comfortable 2-0 ideally. Will be very disappointing if we can't get a goal and it ends 0-0.

Id like to see Pearson do what I thought he'd do v Palace. Play the 4-4-2.

Lets get the partnerships going again. Drinkwater/James in the middle. Nugent/Vardy up top.

Knocky one wing, Mahrez the other.

Schlupp for Konch.

Take the game to Burnley and hit them with pace.

Agree with this Col, but I would stick with Konch at left back, he's played consistently well and Jeff looks off the boil. I'd also go for Albrighton right wing as I think his pace and hard work coupled with Ritchie will give their left side (away from Trippier) hell. Vards and Nuge up top for the hard work and pace plus Nuge's track record. I think Leo could use a rest.

Wood off the bench too. Oooof

Archived