Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

SEAN Dyche says Saturday’s match at Leicester City will be a test of character for his players – as they look to respond to a heavy defeat at West Bromwich Albion.

Burnley suffered their first major disappointment of the league season on Sunday when they were thrashed 4-0 at the Hawthorns.

After encouraging performances at the start of the campaign Dyche admitted his side were well below their best at the weekend.

He hopes the result will not hit confidence for the first time this season and says the trip to Leicester will be a gauge of whether the players have been affected by events at West Brom.

“We’ll soon see how important it was,” Dyche said. “The next game comes round pretty quickly, so it will be quite apparent how the result affects us.”

A number of players were below par at the Hawthorns and Dyche knows that cannot happen again if Burnley, now bottom of the Premier League table, are to pick up the points they need to stay up.

“The biggest learning curve is you have to be on your performance levels every week,” he said.

“We’re a team learning about this division and growing, and you have to be at it every week.

“If three or four are not quite on top of their game, you're going to get hurt. You can’t carry players at this level.”

Burnley have now gone 616 minutes without a goal in all competitions – more than 10 hours of football, and almost seven complete matches.

Dyche has called on players within the club’s ranks to step up and take the responsibility of ending that goal drought.

“It’s not a concern, it’s a reality,” he said of the Clarets’ run without a goal.

“We have to affect it, we work with the players in training, we work on the mentality of it as well.

“Players get that weird feeling of ‘When are we going to score?’ or ‘Who is going to score?’.

“But one of our mantras is be the man who makes a difference, and every player has to play with that.

“We need one to go in of course.

“We’ve got to keep working. It’s relentless.

“The games keep coming.”

The Clarets are assessing the fitness of central midfielders Dean Marney and David Jones (above) this week, with Dyche optimistic of Jones’ return from injury.

Burnley are already without Danny Ings and Sam Vokes, while Matt Taylor has been suffering from an Achilles problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29404976

Good article on their failings, perhaps allow them to attack us and do them on the counter? No pace at the back and very limited in attacking options. I feel our defence could more than handle their attack and our strikers will cause too many headaches for them.

Anyone know how long Ings & Vokes are out for? If they don't come back soon Burnley will be too buggered to pull it back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29404976

Good article on their failings, perhaps allow them to attack us and do them on the counter? No pace at the back and very limited in attacking options. I feel our defence could more than handle their attack and our strikers will cause too many headaches for them.

Anyone know how long Ings & Vokes are out for? If they don't come back soon Burnley will be too buggered to pull it back.

I read somewhere Ings was out for six months and he got injured towards the back end of pre sesaon so January something like that? Vokes can't be far off he's already been crocked for about 6-7 months.

Even then though, I can't see Vokes alone supplying enough goals to keep their heads above water and by the time Ings gets back it could well be too late. Not that even having both will nesc mean they'll survive. 

Burnley look lost without Ings and Vokes.

They are paying the price for not investing in squad depth over the summer and clearly would never have been promoted without Ings and Vokes.

We have to take the game to them from the first whistle. I can't see more than a 1 goal win though, to batter them is just not Pearson's style.

I've always said Burnley were a two man team and they would be screwed if they got injured. Unfortunately for them its happened in the Premier league. No excuses really. We've brought in some cracking players without really spending much at all. Dyche could have done the same if he spent less time moaning about being hard up.

Burnley can't score for toffee, however we are Leicester City so I will have a score on them getting at least one on Saturday. That said, these are the games we have to win if we want to stay in this league so as long as we outscore them and win I aint bothered.......2 - 1 us. Oh, they will park the bus and play one up front.

I think the pitch size didn't help at our last game with Palace, Selhurst Park is 100.5 x 61 meters KP is 102 x 67.

Its 1.5meter shorter and 6 meter less wide at Selhurst than KP which would play into the hands of any team that defends deep and make is harder to create space, it doesnt sound like much 6 meters but overall the ground is 704 Square meters smaller at Selhurst Park approx 10%

Not blaming it on us getting beat just think its interesting, I think we obviously play better on larger pitches with more space to move and use are pace. Time will tell over the season

We are playing against a weaker Burnley side than we did last season imo. Can't quite remember but were Ings and Vokes both injured when we beat them at their place last season?

I just hope we stay professional and don't get over confident. Pearson seems very good at keeping our players grounded

We are playing against a weaker Burnley side than we did last season imo. Can't quite remember but were Ings and Vokes both injured when we beat them at their place last season?

I just hope we stay professional and don't get over confident. Pearson seems very good at keeping our players grounded

if i remember right Vokes got injured in the game against us last season. Fancy us to put in a performance and win comfortably.

I have some sympathy for Nigel. Mahrez for me is a proper starter, but how can you change the lineup without it being unbalanced, its not as if Knockart is a definate choice. Nugent isn't quite upto scratch, but he always scores again Burnley, you can't take out Vardy and Leo, so that means same again, unless you put Mahrez in for one of the midfield trio?

Burnley can't score for toffee, however we are Leicester City so I will have a score on them getting at least one on Saturday. That said, these are the games we have to win if we want to stay in this league so as long as we outscore them and win I aint bothered.......2 - 1 us. Oh, they will park the bus and play one up front.

What makes you say that, seem plenty of them playing 4-4-2 against sides better than us.

A poster further up reckons its sold out :dunno:  Thought there might be some more available given the away section will be smaller than the first 3 matches.

Last thing I can see on the site/official twitter is it's sold out except for the posh seats (seems you have to ring up to get them) but my sister reckoned it said about 2 hours ago that there were some left.

The website is a bit of a disgrace though. SK1 and B3 still say low availability but aren't greyed out. I wish it would explain why I can't click on the block instead of pissing me around.

What makes you say that, seem plenty of them playing 4-4-2 against sides better than us.

Don't understand what you are getting at? Burnley, have played Man Utd and Chelsea losing 3 -1 to Chelsea and drawing 0 - 0 against Utd and that was a Utd without there so called star player forward line.

They drew 0 - 0 at home to a poor Sunderland who haven't won a game yet, got stuffed 4 -0 at West Brom, lost to Swansea 1 - 0.

They managed a 0 - 0 away at Palace is this what you are refering too? When you mean better teams than what we have played?

Burnley will come to defend and defend deep, they are hoping for a 0 - 0. Even their own fans are admitting they can't score in a brothel at the moment. We have had a lot tougher start than they have by far.

As I said, we should be beating the likes of Burnley at home especially if we want to stay in the premier league.

I have supported City for well over 40 years, we will give them their second goal in the premiership this season cos that's what we do? Rotherham anyone Boxing day at home? However, we will and should have enougth to beat them. Just saying I am having a bet of £20 to say Burnley will at least score one this Saturday we will though score at least two.

Archived