Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Schmeichel

Simpson -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky
Drinkwater -- James -- Cambiasso
Mahrez -- Ulloa -- Vardy 

I'd go with that. Don't think it's a "must win" but I'll be disappointed if we don't take anything from the game.

Anyone who went to the game yesterday would have been able to see that Cambiasso was the best of a bad bunch, however if he's dropped to accomodate James and Drinkwater back together in midfield in a 442 then i'd understand

I went to the game and there's no way he was the best of a bad bunch. James, Moore, Hammond all had better games in my opinion.

I can't believe the pessimism on here, you will be nowhere near the relegation places, you'll be comfortably mid table. 

Because this is the first home game where we are expected to win and have a fair amount of the ball. It's a different challenge to the first three matches. Plus we haven't scored the first goal in a home match yet and I'm not sure we can keep coming back every time.

If we win 1-0 I'll be delighted.

I think the biggest problem most teams are finding against Burnley isn't defending their own goal but scoring past a very solid looking defence

I think our team needs to be lined up thinking of clever ways to give their defenders too much to cope with - keep them on the back foot - and force a goal or two.

For me:-

Schmeichel

Simpson/RDL -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky
Drinkwater -- James -- Cambiasso

Vardy-- Ulloa -- Schlupp

However I'd also like to see Nugent on there pestering their defenders and not giving them any time on the ball. So possibly Nuggent again instead of Schlupp ....

We would need to take another attacking option on the bench though - so I'd like to see Wood there - so we can mix things up if we're struggling for that goal.

Wow - not sure what happened there with all those spaces in my post ....

Looking at Burnley today they look fooking hopeless. Typically they'll probably be better when we play them. Anyhow, if we cannot beat them we want bloody shooting. Anything other than victory is unacceptable.

7 million is nothing in the premier league, and how do you know what wages he is on? Just my opinion but he looked great yesterday

Not sure James McArthur although he played well yesterday will quite have the same impact in the dressing room/training pitch as a Champions League winner.

For 7 million!?!? Cambiasso was free. Mccarthurs wages will be high he would have been on PL wages at Wigan.

McArthur played really well yesterday. Cambiasso played well against Man Utd and exceptionally well at Stoke. McArthur will have a lot more years in him than Cambiasso, but Cambiasso's influence on his team mates and his experience are so valuable. There's no right answer really, both good players

If they get smashed today then I think it could benefit us, especially as they'll be coming up against a team that's current home record is draws against Everton and Arsenal and coming from 3-1 down to not only win but dominate against Man U.

I reckon 2, maybe 3-0. Burnley aren't pushovers but if we can get a good win here then we'd have gone our first four games at home unbeaten with two draws and two wins. Creating that sort of reputation can do you no end of good, see Stoke.

McArthur played really well yesterday. Cambiasso played well against Man Utd and exceptionally well at Stoke. McArthur will have a lot more years in him than Cambiasso, but Cambiasso's influence on his team mates and his experience are so valuable. There's no right answer really, both good players

I think we should have got both tbh some might say it's crazy talk but cambiasso may only be here this year so at least we Would still have Mcarthur here next year

I think we should have got both tbh some might say it's crazy talk but cambiasso may only be here this year so at least we Would still have Mcarthur here next year

We've still got Lawrence and Powell to come in at some point, both really highly rated

Archived