Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Recommended Posts

Posted

Schmeichel

Simpson -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky
Drinkwater -- James -- Cambiasso
Mahrez -- Ulloa -- Vardy 

 

I'd go with that. Don't think it's a "must win" but I'll be disappointed if we don't take anything from the game.

Posted

Many pound notes might. :)

Absolutely. If we were to win well, he would trot out the stuff about us being able to spend ten million on a striker and afford an icon like EC. I hope we stuff them just so I can hear him say it!

Posted

Anyone who went to the game yesterday would have been able to see that Cambiasso was the best of a bad bunch, however if he's dropped to accomodate James and Drinkwater back together in midfield in a 442 then i'd understand

I went to the game and there's no way he was the best of a bad bunch. James, Moore, Hammond all had better games in my opinion.

Posted

I can't believe the pessimism on here, you will be nowhere near the relegation places, you'll be comfortably mid table. 

 

Because this is the first home game where we are expected to win and have a fair amount of the ball. It's a different challenge to the first three matches. Plus we haven't scored the first goal in a home match yet and I'm not sure we can keep coming back every time.

 

If we win 1-0 I'll be delighted.

Posted

I think the biggest problem most teams are finding against Burnley isn't defending their own goal but scoring past a very solid looking defence

 

I think our team needs to be lined up thinking of clever ways to give their defenders too much to cope with - keep them on the back foot - and force a goal or two.

 

For me:-

Schmeichel

Simpson/RDL -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky
Drinkwater -- James -- Cambiasso

Vardy-- Ulloa -- Schlupp

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

However I'd also like to see Nugent on there pestering their defenders and not giving them any time on the ball. So possibly Nuggent again instead of Schlupp ....

 

 

 

.

We would need to take another attacking option on the bench though - so I'd like to see Wood there - so we can mix things up if we're struggling for that goal.


Wow - not sure what happened there with all those spaces in my post ....

Posted

Kasper

 

RDL

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

 

Mahrez

DD

James

Knockaert (although dont think we'll play him so Schlupp probaby)

 

Ulloa

Vardy (Although again bet we play Nugent)

 

Subs: Hamer, Simpson, Waso, King, Nugent, Albrighton, Cambiasso

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Id like to see Pearson do what I thought he'd do v Palace. Play the 4-4-2.

Lets get the partnerships going again. Drinkwater/James in the middle. Nugent/Vardy up top.

Knocky one wing, Mahrez the other.

Schlupp for Konch.

Take the game to Burnley and hit them with pace.

Posted

After watching yesterday I woukd have preferred Mcarthur tbf wish we had signed him

Me too but I expect we will get hammered on here for having that opinion!

Posted

Need a good solid win.

Just watching Burnley at West Brom and they are getting comfortably beat. Parking two buses so we will need to try break them down next week.

Posted

After watching yesterday I woukd have preferred Mcarthur tbf wish we had signed him

For 7 million!?!? Cambiasso was free. Mccarthurs wages will be high he would have been on PL wages at Wigan.

Posted

Looking at Burnley today they look fooking hopeless. Typically they'll probably be better when we play them. Anyhow, if we cannot beat them we want bloody shooting. Anything other than victory is unacceptable.

Posted

For 7 million!?!? Cambiasso was free. Mccarthurs wages will be high he would have been on PL wages at Wigan.

7 million is nothing in the premier league, and how do you know what wages he is on? Just my opinion but he looked great yesterday

Posted

7 million is nothing in the premier league, and how do you know what wages he is on? Just my opinion but he looked great yesterday

Not sure James McArthur although he played well yesterday will quite have the same impact in the dressing room/training pitch as a Champions League winner.

Posted

For 7 million!?!? Cambiasso was free. Mccarthurs wages will be high he would have been on PL wages at Wigan.

McArthur played really well yesterday. Cambiasso played well against Man Utd and exceptionally well at Stoke. McArthur will have a lot more years in him than Cambiasso, but Cambiasso's influence on his team mates and his experience are so valuable. There's no right answer really, both good players

Posted

If they get smashed today then I think it could benefit us, especially as they'll be coming up against a team that's current home record is draws against Everton and Arsenal and coming from 3-1 down to not only win but dominate against Man U.

I reckon 2, maybe 3-0. Burnley aren't pushovers but if we can get a good win here then we'd have gone our first four games at home unbeaten with two draws and two wins. Creating that sort of reputation can do you no end of good, see Stoke.

Posted

McArthur played really well yesterday. Cambiasso played well against Man Utd and exceptionally well at Stoke. McArthur will have a lot more years in him than Cambiasso, but Cambiasso's influence on his team mates and his experience are so valuable. There's no right answer really, both good players

I think we should have got both tbh some might say it's crazy talk but cambiasso may only be here this year so at least we Would still have Mcarthur here next year

McArthur played really well yesterday. Cambiasso played well against Man Utd and exceptionally well at Stoke. McArthur will have a lot more years in him than Cambiasso, but Cambiasso's influence on his team mates and his experience are so valuable. There's no right answer really, both good players

I think we should have got both tbh some might say it's crazy talk but cambiasso may only be here this year so at least we Would still have Mcarthur here next year

Posted

I think we should have got both tbh some might say it's crazy talk but cambiasso may only be here this year so at least we Would still have Mcarthur here next year

I think we should have got both tbh some might say it's crazy talk but cambiasso may only be here this year so at least we Would still have Mcarthur here next year

We've still got Lawrence and Powell to come in at some point, both really highly rated

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...