Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Burnley haven't scored a goal for 6 whole matches including three at home.

They have gone 616 minutes without scoring a single goal... We have to win at least 1-0 but a comfortable 2-0 ideally. Will be very disappointing if we can't get a goal and it ends 0-0.

That's gone and done it! 3-0 to Burnley it is! :(:nono:

On early evidence, Burnley look very far off the pace.

As disappointing as yesterday was, I think we'll bounce back in front of a full house on Saturday and win with something to spare.

2-0 with goals from Nugent (loves a goal against Burnley) and Vardy.

schlupp over mahrez would be ridiculous in a game like this imo. schlupp was useful when we were counter attacking because he's quite fast and can run directly in a straight line for a bit. that's about all he can do. in a game where we're see more of the ball we'll need people with technical ability, the fact schlupp, at time, struggles to even control a football, let alone get it down and play in tight spaces means he can't be near the team for this imo. 

but i wouldn't have had him in vs arsenal or chelsea or anyone so far and he's done alright at times so who the f uck knows. 

schlupp over mahrez would be ridiculous in a game like this imo. schlupp was useful when we were counter attacking because he's quite fast and can run directly in a straight line for a bit. that's about all he can do. in a game where we're see more of the ball we'll need people with technical ability, the fact schlupp, at time, struggles to even control a football, let alone get it down and play in tight spaces means he can't be near the team for this imo.

but i wouldn't have had him in vs arsenal or chelsea or anyone so far and he's done alright at times so who the f uck knows.

Schlupp would play every week if it were left up to me. He's potentially so much more dangerous coming forward than any of our other midfield/wide players. Play him and see his confidence grow would be my shout. Then again, I ain't the boss.

Schlupp would play every week if it were left up to me. He's potentially so much more dangerous coming forward than any of our other midfield/wide players. Play him and see his confidence grow would be my shout. Then again, I ain't the boss.

really?! i agree with some of your posts, disagree with others but can usually understand where you're coming from, so to speak. but schlupp our most dangerous midfield/wide player?!! like i said, he goes through long periods of games without even showing the ability to control a football. his passing is usually quite poor, his shooting is very erratic and he seemingly lacks any sort of footballing intelligence at all. i get each to their own, we all see the game differently but schlupp playing every week as our most dangerous wide player is just bemusing. not digging at you or schluppy, he can be a good player when the game needs him but he can, and often is, very poor. 

mahrez and knockaert would be my first choices out wide, although knockaert can be frustrating you can see him doing something special, doing a man, whipping in a great ball from a tough angle, scoring with a free kick etc. never really get that feeling with schlupp. mahrez is a cut above anyone else we have in these positions imo. 

They're serious too, how tragic.

This sort of thing was mentioned on our forum last year by a few deluded people.

The funniest thing is they say they aren't a big enough club with enough money to compete, I wonder what they could do to cure that?!? Stay in the premier league and don't surrender like pussies! Start this mindset after next Saturday though please

oh an i think we'll lose. this has got classic 0-1 burnley like the old days written all over it. remember when they used to beat us 0-1 every f ucking year. i think that and sean dyche are the reasons why i properly dislike burnley. 

Burnley aren't as rich as everybody else but that doesn't mean they can't spend any money at all, we only spent a few million more than them.

Grabban cost Norwich what £3 million? He's a better player than Sordell - Dyche has got to take some if the blame for this.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Koncheskey

James

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Vardy

Ulloa

Schlupp

Hamer, Simpson, Hammond, Powell, Mahrez, Knockaert, Wood

I would like to see Schlupp and Vardy on the wings for pace on the counter. I think we need to see some action from Powell too.

Nah. Burnley cannot score in a brothel. But they are tough to break down. It took 30 min for WBA to do so, and both goals were from corners. I do not recall us scoring from a corner in a long while.

Playing with some wingers to get past them and whip in a cross to Ulloa is a good plan A. Delaet is better going forward than Simpson, but we need Mahrez and Schlupp on.

wow what happened to the bags of optimism??? 

We lost away in the premier league. so what? its going to happen.

Burnely were stuffed 4-0 against West Brom.

I like Burnely and all but they are not looking good at all so far. when was the last time we lost at home? (exclude the hangover game vs brighton)

Burnely have scored one goal ONE GOAL.

2-0/3-0 to us.

My Team Selection:

Schmeichel

Schlupp, Moore, Morgan, De Laet

Cambiasso

James               Drinkwater

Vardy  Ulloa  Mahrez

Rationale: Pearson won't make more than two or three changes, as he hates to do that.  He needs better wide play to get past Burnley's expected bus parking, hence Schlupp for Konchesky and Mahrez for Nugent.  He has already been easing James back in - he will replace Hammond this match.  He needs Cambiasso for two things - to help in defense so Schlupp can attack, and to take set pieces and create from his passes (Cambiasso has been taking corners and free kicks).  He needs Ulloa to score from headers on set pieces, and you never bench a hot striker.

I think we can shut down Burnley without Konch, but we need a strategy to attack them enough different ways that we break them down.  They may have midfield players out, so we should boss the possession.  They definitely will have no Ings, so their strike force is basically average Championship quality at best.

3-0

I agree about Dyche taking the blame. What on earth did he see in Jutkewicz, Sordell, Boyd? They're all average Championship players.

He signed Boyd for 3m, there's better buys out there than that.

I'd put Dyche's strength in man management and motivation. Can a Burnley fan tell me a time in the Prem when he's engineered good tactics to change the game, or bought a good player?

Did Simpson show enough against Palace to warrant a chance at a Start, How does he look going forward?

Personally, I thought his defensive positioning looked considerably better. Palace stopped being able to pop little balls over the head of our RB position to Bolasie.

Going forward, hard to tell really. A few times he had acres of space, but our attack seemed to avoid using him, which got very frustrating.

Archived