Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Don't underestimate them.

Great team spirit and an attacking mentality are traits they shared with us last season. It's part of the reason they got promoted.

Ings and Vokes are out but I bet their players will be chomping at the bit to bounce back, and they will see us as a winnable game.

A lot will depend on whether Dyche sets up for a draw or decides to be brave and come at us.

I think we've got to go back to 4-4-2 for this match.

With Knocky and Mahrez on the wings and Cambiasso and Drinkwater in the middle.

Nuge and Ulloa up front, Vardy to come on when Burnley are tired to close out the game.

2-1 to us.

I'll say it again - they played 4-4-2 last season but will only play one up in this game. if we dont match up the numbers in midfield, we will struggle. For that reason, I expect nuge to play his normal in between role to bolster the numbers. If dyche picks an unexpected formation then we can adjust early on without needing to make any subs.

I'll say it again - they played 4-4-2 last season but will only play one up in this game. if we dont match up the numbers in midfield, we will struggle. For that reason, I expect nuge to play his normal in between role to bolster the numbers. If dyche picks an unexpected formation then we can adjust early on without needing to make any subs.

So 4-4-2 then, or 'flexible' 4-4-2 or even 4-4-1-1 if you'd prefer... But basically exactly what I said.

So 4-4-2 then, or 'flexible' 4-4-2 or even 4-4-1-1 if you'd prefer... But basically exactly what I said.

Pretty well BB

4-4-1-1 is where we should start. then make adjustments as necessary. The personnel you picked - not sure I like EC in a 2 as he lacks any pace but we coped with Hammond there and he is also 'slow' so we can go with your personnel. ( would be good to give Antony a start)

Pretty well BB

4-4-1-1 is where we should start. then make adjustments as necessary. The personnel you picked - not sure I like EC in a 2 as he lacks any pace but we coped with Hammond there and he is also 'slow' so we can go with your personnel. ( would be good to give Antony a start)

EC being slow is less important if his positioning and vision is good. He can drop back and cover the back four, while Drinkwater can hold the middle along with Nugent when he drops back. I agree it would be nice to see AK get a start, he might perform well as long as he doesn't try too hard and hog the ball.

Don't understand what you are getting at? Burnley, have played Man Utd and Chelsea losing 3 -1 to Chelsea and drawing 0 - 0 against Utd and that was a Utd without there so called star player forward line.

They drew 0 - 0 at home to a poor Sunderland who haven't won a game yet, got stuffed 4 -0 at West Brom, lost to Swansea 1 - 0.

They managed a 0 - 0 away at Palace is this what you are refering too? When you mean better teams than what we have played?

Burnley will come to defend and defend deep, they are hoping for a 0 - 0. Even their own fans are admitting they can't score in a brothel at the moment. We have had a lot tougher start than they have by far.

As I said, we should be beating the likes of Burnley at home especially if we want to stay in the premier league.

I have supported City for well over 40 years, we will give them their second goal in the premiership this season cos that's what we do? Rotherham anyone Boxing day at home? However, we will and should have enougth to beat them. Just saying I am having a bet of £20 to say Burnley will at least score one this Saturday we will though score at least two.

I'm not talking about scores am I I'm talking about formation, They played 4-4-2 against Chelsea and Man United, they may have lost/drawn but they still played 4-4-2, and their better sides than us. They actually don't set up to be that negative in most cases it's just Sordel and Jut can't hit a barn door.

The one time they dropped to 4-5-1 they got smashed (last week) so I'm just a bit  confused why you seem so adamant they are going to come here with one striker.

I'd wager they have a plan for winning the game myself, we might be saying Burnley at home is a game we should be winning but I'd imagine they'll be thinking Leicester away is one of the fixtures they can get something from if they play the right game. I doubt it'll  be as simple as parking the bus and hoping for 0-0

Burnley could take on Leicester City on Saturday without a natural senior central midfielder.

Having been without Dean Marney (hamstring) and David Jones (thigh) for the 4-0 defeat at West Brom on Sunday, on loan Nathaniel Chalobah was taken to hospital on Tuesday night after the U21 Premier League Cup tie against Hull City at Turf Moor.

It emerged that the 19-year-old Chelsea youngster has damage to his windpipe and will not be risked at the King Power Stadium as the Clarets go in search of their first win of the season ahead of the international break.

Sean Dyche is again expected to be without Matt Taylor (Achilles) and Danny Ings (hamstring), as Sam Vokes continues on the comeback trail after knee surgery six months ago.

Dyche said: “Nathaniel won’t be fit. He hurt his windpipe on Tuesday after an arm to the throat, and there is some damage there.

479059836.jpg

“He’s not in any danger, but we can’t put it at further risk of getting another whack.

“We’ll have it checked again once the swelling settles down, as it can effect your breathing.

“It’s unfortunate, but he comes out of the midfield as well, so we’re going to have to be flexible again.”

At The Hawthorns, Dyche went in with Steven Reid holding behind a midfield four of Michael Kightly, George Boyd, Scott Arfield and Ross Wallace, although Wallace and Reid were withdrawn at half-time with the Clarets 2-0 down.

But he is unlikely to have Marney and Jones to call upon again: “They are both 50/50 at best at the moment, touch and go. They’ve improved, but there’s a difference between improving and being ready to play a Premier League game.

“Matt Taylor won’t happen either, and with Ingsy we have to be slightly more careful ahead of the international break.

“It is positive with him, but there is another two weeks before the next game.”

Vokes, meanwhile, continues to make good progress: “He’s on his natural recovery pathway, just like a pre-season. He’s been running and working for a couple of weeks now, it’s just how long it takes now.”

After our record of going into international breaks 0-7.

Then a 12-0 after lol lol

2-1 praps 3-1 to us.

Hard fought don't think they will open up to us.

We really have to be on our game for this unlike most they do know us.

Surely West Brom was the same? They looked pretty gutless against them

We aren't gutless, by any means. But a small squad with its 4 central midfielders all injured is always going to struggle. We are knackered on Saturday. I expect nothing but a hefty defeat.

If you don't win this one comfortably, you should worry.

We aren't gutless, by any means. But a small squad with its 4 central midfielders all injured is always going to struggle. We are knackered on Saturday. I expect nothing but a hefty defeat.

If you don't win this one comfortably, you should worry.

Looking at our results so far, our squad and the potential investment we have, I don't think we should be worried as a result of the game with Burnley. Yes, we should beat you but you've got a cracking team spirit and that is the only thing that can counter an injury crisis. 1-0, 10-0, I'm expecting a tough game and I'll take a result anyway it'll come.

Archived