Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Only game im going to get to this season by the look of it, so hoping for a cracker. If we lose i'll take the blame and disappear off back to the sandpit for the good of the team! Am worried that we could be on the receiving end of Burnleys reaction to their thumping, but if we play as we all know we can we should get past them. 2-0, early goal for us, nervy 10-15 mins second half and Nugent to pop the second in on 85mins.

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Mahrez - Drinkwater - James - Knockaert

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs; Hamer, Simpson, Wasilewski, Schlupp, King, Cambiasso, Vardy

It's hard picking these as you're often omitting very decent players from the 18. Mine omits Hammond, Powell & Albrighton.

I've said that because I think it's a similar kind of side to what we'd have played last year against a team we'd expect to beat and I think we will do that here. I'd give Knockaert a game here. Him and Mahrez can not only swap wings every 5 minutes without any real difficulty, but they've both got the technical quality to unlock a defence which I'm just not sure Schlupp would have. They're going to play for the point, I'm pretty sure of that.

The likes of Hammond & Cambiaso would thrive on a more defensive situation, and for that reason I'd go with both Drinkwater & James. That midfield four has worked wonders for us in the past. Saying that I think Cambiasso has far more quality and is capable of unlocking a defence, but Drinkwater & James have done it often enough.

Nugent/Ulloa should be good enough in my opinion but bringing on Vardy would be a real weapon in itself. I'm happy whoever he starts. I would quite like to see Vardy & Ulloa but I just get the feeling both of them try to cover the same kind of ground.

really?! i agree with some of your posts, disagree with others but can usually understand where you're coming from, so to speak. but schlupp our most dangerous midfield/wide player?!! like i said, he goes through long periods of games without even showing the ability to control a football. his passing is usually quite poor, his shooting is very erratic and he seemingly lacks any sort of footballing intelligence at all. i get each to their own, we all see the game differently but schlupp playing every week as our most dangerous wide player is just bemusing. not digging at you or schluppy, he can be a good player when the game needs him but he can, and often is, very poor. 

mahrez and knockaert would be my first choices out wide, although knockaert can be frustrating you can see him doing something special, doing a man, whipping in a great ball from a tough angle, scoring with a free kick etc. never really get that feeling with schlupp. mahrez is a cut above anyone else we have in these positions imo. 

Mahrez  was poor at Palace and numerouspeople around me and on the train coming back were remarking on hiscowardice in ducking out of tackles  and noone has mentionedit .

Mahrez  was poor at Palace and numerouspeople around me and on the train coming back were remarking on hiscowardice in ducking out of tackles  and noone has mentionedit .

Mahrez was as bad as I've seen him but people have made a bit too much of that incident for me. Easy to say he's totally bottled it - in my opinion he stepped out of the way to try and get in a position to tackle their bloke. What I mean is... he was expecting their bloke to get to the ball first and then use his first touch to take it around Mahrez, instead he just went straight ahead and Mahrez was out of the way as a result.

Bottling a challenge? Not for me. He just guessed the Palace player would do something else and guessed wrong.

I would like to see this:

Schmeichel

De Laet   Morgan  Moore  Konchesky

James

Drinkwater   Cambiasso

Mahrez                                  Vardy

Ulloa

Ulloa may be tall and score headed goals but he's not a targetman in my opinion. He doesn't win aerial battles in the same way that someone like Steve Howard used to. Ulloa found himself far too deep back into midfield at Palace for my liking and one of the reasons we didn't score was because he didn't get a single opportunity.

If we're going to be on the front foot and creating chances then we need his finishing ability more than ever.

I also wouldn't mind us surrendering the midfield a bit if it means we can hit them on the break. Let's trust our ability to create and score more given their strikeforce at the moment.

Wtf ?.. Ulloa our top goalscorer in the premiership, with good hold up skills and a bullet of a header of a ball. Please, don't compare him to Steve Howard cos they are ooles apart and Ulloa is better. Teams are doubling up on him now and something that happens consistently inthe premier league is defenders get away with holding the forward down happened all game for him at Palace. Laughably it's the forward who then gets penalised? i just don't get this.

Some re even suggesting dropping him for this game? It's bloody Burnley for christ sake play three up front and Ulloa has to be one of them.

Scores goals against Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Stoke and some people want him dropped.

Lastly to compare Ulloa to Steve Howard is the equivalent of comparing Messi to Lee Cattermole.

Wtf ?.. Ulloa our top goalscorer in the premiership, with good hold up skills and a bullet of a header of a ball. Please, don't compare him to Steve Howard cos they are ooles apart and Ulloa is better. Teams are doubling up on him now and something that happens consistently inthe premier league is defenders get away with holding the forward down happened all game for him at Palace. Laughably it's the forward who then gets penalised? i just don't get this.

Some re even suggesting dropping him for this game? It's bloody Burnley for christ sake play three up front and Ulloa has to be one of them.

Scores goals against Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Stoke and some people want him dropped.

Lastly to compare Ulloa to Steve Howard is the equivalent of comparing Messi to Lee Cattermole.

Or Howard to Vieri

I didnt even know Burnley had that many people. Good effort.

By Premier League standards it really isn't. They are a Championship club at best( with a championship fan base) punching above their weight. Back where they belong come May when Dyche can go back to telling us all how hard done by they are!

By Premier League standards it really isn't. They are a Championship club at best( with a championship fan base) punching above their weight. Back where they belong come May when Dyche can go back to telling us all how hard done by they are!

I dont think even Dyche will mind going down

Calm down Einstein, I'm comparing attributes.

Archived