Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't think we've found the balance between defence and attack yet, also, Sordell is beyond poor. Juke is playing well but is desperate for a partner, I think Barnes should be given a run. We had 16 shots against Sunderland, so we are making chances, so hopefully for us, once one goes in, the floodgates will open. Hopefully today.

Guest Sharpe's Fox
Posted

I think we should go back to 4-4-2, Burnley play the same way so it's not like we will be swamped in midfield. Bring back the James and Drinkwater partnership, two wingers (don't know who the squad is that strong now) and two forward players (I would keep Nugent in).

Posted

wow how bad must cambiasso have been in 60 minutes yesterday to go from potentially a ballon d'or winner to not even in many people's first xi?!!!

Posted

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

 

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

 

Vardy

Ulloa

 

I know Vardy doesn't play the same role as Nugent in a 4-4-1-1 but at home against a fellow promoted side, I think we need to be on the front foot. Same reason I've kept De Laet in ahead of Simpson, same reason I've gone for our James-Drinkwater combination (Cambiasso has been good but I'm unsure whether this is the game for him), same reason I have Knockaert and Mahrez on the wings rather than Schlupp. I know Knocky may not have earn his place but I'd like to see him have a game, or perhaps Albrighton.

 

Although I didn't see the Palace game so perhaps I'm not the best person to pick the XI. I trust Nigel to pick us up after the disappointment of yesterday, so will be happy whoever he puts out. 

Guest Mickyblueeyes
Posted

KS

De laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Cambiasso

Drinky

James

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

Posted

I'd go back to 4-4-2, they will more than likely play the same formation. If we win by playing that, then it will show we have the better quality, them having Ings & Vokes out is a bit of an advantage, but we need to find a way to breakdown their defence, they have stood pretty firm this season so far. 

 

Schmeichel

 

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

 

Mahrez - Drinkwater - James - Schlupp

 

Vardy - Ulloa

 

Subs - Hamer, Simpson, Cambiasso, King, Knockaert, Nugent, Wood

 

Have attacking players on the bench, who can make an influence & hopefully break them down if the starting 11 fail to do so by 50-60 minutes. King more attacking minded than Hammond, could be the first real chance this season for Knockaert to feature & do something good, go for two strikers in Nugent & Wood in case Vardy & Ulloa don't perform. 

Posted

wow how bad must cambiasso have been in 60 minutes yesterday to go from potentially a ballon d'or winner to not even in many people's first xi?!!!

He wasnt even bad, he was the only one in centre mid doing anything until James came on. Drinky hasnt stepped up yet.

Posted

Must win? Really? Nugent will score if he plays, you will win this, quite comfortably.

Hyperbole slightly, but realistically we'll be in and around each other come may, so we need to take points off the likes of you, qpr, west brom etc, wherever we can.

Anyway, comfortable 2-0 win, Nugent with both, Grewks to cry himself to sleep.

Posted

He wasnt even bad, he was the only one in centre mid doing anything until James came on. Drinky hasnt stepped up yet.

 

yeah i assumed he wasn't bad at all, just people are crazy. 

 

we might need a change of system for this, and that would presumably bring a change in personnel. mahrez, knocky, powell? etc could all be key to unlocking what seems a very tight defence 

Posted

I'm feeling fairly confident of a win for the first time this season. I think the players could have been a bit off mentally yesterday. A result like last week's is bound to affect at least some of the team. Some might have believed the hype and been a bit over-confident or complacent. That's not going to be a problem next weekend.

 

Palace were pretty good, but we never really looked like the team we know they can be. Worst 90 minutes in the league this season so far.

 

I don't think they'll be any problem getting the players fired up for this one. I reckon we might see the team firing on all cylinders again after being brought back down to Earth.

 

I think there'll be changes. I expect Hammond will be dropped, and James might well replace him. Other than that, it's a really tough job to pick the side. I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2, but then you have to play one of Nugent or Vardy out wide, or drop one of those two or Ulloa. You also have to leave out one of Drinkwater, Cambiasso or James. I'm just glad it's not my job to decide.

Posted

yeah i assumed he wasn't bad at all, just people are crazy. 

 

we might need a change of system for this, and that would presumably bring a change in personnel. mahrez, knocky, powell? etc could all be key to unlocking what seems a very tight defence 

Cambiasso is going to struggle in a 4-4-2, at least for the time being. He doesn't cover the ground particularly quickly and with the pace of the modern game, you can't afford that sort of player in a 2 man midfield.

Posted

Anyone who went to the game yesterday would have been able to see that Cambiasso was the best of a bad bunch, however if he's dropped to accomodate James and Drinkwater back together in midfield in a 442 then i'd understand

Posted

The only thing that's worrying me slightly with this game is the fact that our fans will be viewing it as a must-win 'six-pointer' where we will be the favourites and if we go 1-0 down I can see the atmosphere turning fairly quickly and it then becomes a slippery slope. Get a goal in the first half and it might turn into a comfortable win. I think the main thing is that we don't start sluggishly for that reason.

Posted

Must win? Really? Nugent will score if he plays, you will win this, quite comfortably.

 

I know, I don't understand why people think we require three points from this game. Clearly that's our aim and I'll be disappointed if we don't but we won't be in any trouble if that's what happens.

Posted

As a player you are only as good as your last game, time to use the squad mentality now, some very poor performances against palace, and for those waiting in the wings, I would be very disappointed if I didn't get a chance to claim a starting place, the management know who needs a rest or who hasn't performed, so I'm not going to even guess who the changes will be, but I think at least two players will lose their place.

Another thing is to respect burnley, they are not a bad side, and yes I would expect us at home to do well against them, but they set up well, and will be hard to beat.

Posted

Kasper

Konch(did Schlupp play LB at Turf Moor?)

Morgan

Moore

RDL

Drinky

James

Riyad

Nuge

Schlupp/Knocky/Albrighton

Ulloa

We need width again, Vardy and Cambiasso haven't done anything wrong but we look more comfortable playing like this, they're great impact subs to have anyway

Posted

Its very easy after a defeat thinking about ringing the changes, however I think we need to shake it up a bit. I am worried about the defence currently as we have conceded 5 in the last couple and seem vunerable at defending set pieces. I am also concerned that De Laet has got exposed down his side in a few games this season so far.

Is it a coincidence that our only clean sheet to date was when Hamer was in goal? He was certainly very commanding at coming and claiming the ball at crosses, although his distribution was poor.

I would go for a 4-4-2 again and try and protect our full-backs a bit more. I would also return to the James/Drinkwater combination in the middle.

Nugent hasn't scored in free play yet, so I think he deserves a turn on the bench.

GK: Kasper

DL: Konchesky

DR: Simpson

DC: Moore

DC: Morgan

ML: Marhez

MC: James

MC: Drinkwater

MR: Albrighton

SC: Vardy

SC: Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Waz, Cambiasso, Schlupp, King, Wood, Nugent

Posted

I think this'll be really tough. Burnley will come for the 0-0 and hope to snatch a goal from a set piece or something, so we need to be really patient but also creative in trying to break them down.

 

Got a strange feeling that Burnley will win this 1-0 - I'm sure I remember them beating us by that scoreline several times at the KP.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...