Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

On to the next one - Burnley (H)

Recommended Posts

Posted

After a disappointing day, let's look forward to a challenging home game against a solid Burnley side. We will certainly have to work hard to get any goals.

 

For me we do need a couple of changes. I think James has to start. He was arguably our best player today and was bright against United as well. Again with the emphasis being on us to attack he will offer a lot more than Hammond in my opinion. I also think one of Mahrez, Schlupp or Knockaert should come in.

 

The question will also be whether we stick with the formation from today or revert to 4-4-2? Again some selection questions for Pearson. What would everyone's squads and predictions be?

 

I'm going for a tight 1-0 win, which I would certainly be happy with.

Posted

Biggest game so far, and the first I am expecting 3 points in!

Would live to go more attacking in this game

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Cambiasso

Drinky

James

Mahrez

Schluup

Ulloa

Bench: Vardy, Knockaert, king, Simpson, Was, Wood, Hamer.

Nuge and Hammond not in the squad, not because of some of the crap posted in the other thread but I think Nugent will play a more defensive forward role, perfect for games against teams like United where we are on the back foot, buy against teams we are attacking Ulloa is our main striker and wood is his perfect replacement if he needs to come off.

Likewise with Hammond, James and Cambiasso both able to do his role and offer more in other areas.

Vardy unlucky but I think Schluup and Mahrez can attack their full backs and provide for Ullloa, Vardy on to terrorise for last 20 mins.

Posted

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Cambiasso

Drinky

James

Mahrez

Schluup

Ulloa

Bench: Vardy, Knockaert, king, Simpson, Was, Wood, Hamer.

.

There is no way Nige wouldn't start both Nuge and Vardy, maybe one of them but I can see them both starting most of the games from now on
Posted

Huge game, the Premier league isn't as forgiving as the championship, miss your opportunities and prepare to pay the price. Really need something from this game.

Posted

Schmeichel

 

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

 

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

 

Nugent

 

Ulloa

 

subs: Hamer, Wasyl, King, Knockaert, Wood, Vardy, Cambiasso.

Posted

Would be good to bounce back. For all the banter we give Burnley, this is a really tough one; they're resilient and dogged.

Posted

This is really our biggest test of the season. Burnley look tough to beat and defensively resolute and they'll be desperate to pick up three points, especially if they don't win today.

 

I'd like to see us start with Mahrez instead of Nugent. Forgetting that Nugent has a good record against these, we needed to be a bit cuter and cleverer against Palace and I still believe Mahrez can be our most creative player.

Posted

Schmeichel

 

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

 

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

 

Nugent

 

Ulloa

 

subs: Hamer, Wasyl, King, Knockaert, Wood, Vardy, Cambiasso.

Vardy for nuge and I concur.we don't need 3 in the middle against burnley.

Posted

Unbeaten at home so far. Need to make the KP a fortress to help us stay up.

I wouldn't change an awful lot for this game,James for Hammond maybe. Possibly Mahrez to start.

No prediction just yet but it is a game we should be looking to win without a doubt

Posted

Vardy for nuge and I concur.we don't need 3 in the middle against burnley.

Ah but yeah but no but. Nuge always scores against Burnley.

Posted

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Koncheskey

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

I also think we may see Powell, Lawrence on the bench too

Posted

First six pointer of the season and one we can't afford to lose. At the very least we need to keep our unbeaten home record. I don't think we should have much to fear from Burnley, but this is football.

Posted

Really dont know what team Nige will go for. Probably no changes but I'd go for:

Kasper

De Laet Morgan Moore konch

Mahrez cambiasso james Schlupp

Nugent/Vardy. Ulloa

Subs: hamer, simpson, King, Drinky, Nugent/Vardy, Wood, wasilewski

I'm predicting that they will take major advantage of our absolute uselessness at set pieces and get the first goal. Hopefully Nigel makes the team less predictable and Dyche gets ****ed.

1-1 Ulloa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...