Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

The pelican crossing on Braunstone Lane East.It's ok if your going from Narborough Road end towards Aylestone road.But going the other way you can't see if anybody is waiting to cross or are allready on the crossing.Suprised there haven't been a few accidents there.

Been sat on the west bound M69 with engine off for about half an hour. Something bad has obviously happened ('police incident' according to the radio). Despite seeing the Air Ambulance arrive and two ambulances go surging down the hard shoulder, frustrated drivers now doing the same. What are they expecting to happen?

I was at the M1 J22 roundabout last week on the A50 heading away from Leicester. The car in front was waiting to enter the roundabout and I saw him pull away and enter it, I looked to my right to check for oncoming traffic of which there were none and pulled off. Fortunately my workmate spotted the car in front that had entered the roundabout had inexplicably stopped dead in the middle of the roundabout and shouted at me before I ploughed into the back of him

Been sat on the west bound M69 with engine off for about half an hour. Something bad has obviously happened ('police incident' according to the radio). Despite seeing the Air Ambulance arrive and two ambulances go surging down the hard shoulder, frustrated drivers now doing the same. What are they expecting to happen?

That's illegal isn't it?

That's illegal isn't it?

I assume so. Some bloke was taking a picture of everyone that did it.

What do they think will happen? That those on the scene will stop administering CPR/cutting someone out of a car/putting out a fire/clearing debris and wave them through? It's not often I wish arrests on people that haven't hurt anyone but I really hate these c***s

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

I was at the M1 J22 roundabout last week on the A50 heading away from Leicester. The car in front was waiting to enter the roundabout and I saw him pull away and enter it, I looked to my right to check for oncoming traffic of which there were none and pulled off. Fortunately my workmate spotted the car in front that had entered the roundabout had inexplicably stopped dead in the middle of the roundabout and shouted at me before I ploughed into the back of him

This has recently happened to two people I know. Both times, a group of eastern European men have got out with a case of severe whiplash. The police keep saying they're clamping down on this type of insurance fraud, people manufacturing their own crashes essentially, yet on both occasions refused to get involved citing that it is a matter for the insurance companies.

Both times, the men have got out aggressively, surrounding the car of the other person. Luckily, one friend was a 6ft7 kick boxer, and the occasion other it was 2 lads who didn't really feel intimidated. If it was a woman alone with a child or someone not as confident, I can see how It would be a pretty scary and intimating ordeal.

I ****ing hate traffic with a passion. Sat in gridlock traffic on the M69 where three lanes turn into two just before the M1.

I stayed in the right hand lane and moved into the middle lane just before it converts into two and some **** decided to speed past me and squeeze in front of me.

Bastard.

sorry, I was late for a Halloween party.

This has recently happened to two people I know. Both times, a group of eastern European men have got out with a case of severe whiplash. The police keep saying they're clamping down on this type of insurance fraud, people manufacturing their own crashes essentially, yet on both occasions refused to get involved citing that it is a matter for the insurance companies.

Both times, the men have got out aggressively, surrounding the car of the other person. Luckily, one friend was a 6ft7 kick boxer, and the occasion other it was 2 lads who didn't really feel intimidated. If it was a woman alone with a child or someone not as confident, I can see how It would be a pretty scary and intimating ordeal.

The insurance companies have dedicated departments to target this so are more suitable as it's to protect their own finances that they investigate. However if leave enough stopping distance shouldn't crash into the car in front. They might have genuinely stopped if they saw something on the road

The insurance companies have dedicated departments to target this so are more suitable as it's to protect their own finances that they investigate. However if leave enough stopping distance shouldn't crash into the car in front. They might have genuinely stopped if they saw something on the road

Yeah, I'd imagined they did, however to me it just doesn't seem much as much of a deterant as police prosecution would.

I agree, I can't say how they were driving but obviously they should have kept a safe distance. Easier said than done when someone is trying to manufacture a collision, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

People who feel the need to let you know your not driving fast enough for them by tailgating you, even though you're already driving a couple of kms above the limit anyway. (Too lazy to search the driving thread, mods have a word with me).

Edit: Golden, thanks.  :knockyhat:

Edited by Carl the Llama

50 mph limits on motorways.

Either enforce them or don't bother.

If I sit at 51mph on an unenforced 50mph section, I have traffic, including lorries, thundering past me.

A vehicle pootling along at 50 becomes a hazard and there is far more chance of an accident.

Put average speed cams in and everybody does 50. Problem solved.

Really? It might not be strictly 'appropriate' for a driver to flash their headlights but it always used to be fairly common practise to warn others of hazards. I was driving within the limits of what I could see - hence I didn't plough into the fallen tree. Presumably if there was a person who'd been knocked over lying in the road it would be ok if drivers made no attempt to warn oncoming traffic because 'it's not my problem'... because 'they should be driving within their limits'.

Thankfully not all drivers had this attitude when there was the multiple pile-up in fog on the Sheppey Crossing. Many more would be been killed or injured if others hadn't made some effort to warn others of the danger.

You have hazard warning lights to warn of hazards [emoji8]

You have hazard warning lights to warn of hazards [emoji8]

Fine, if you're warning traffic behind you of a hazard, but stick your hazards on to warn oncoming traffic and most people wouldn't have a clue you're trying to communicate with them. I'm happy to agree to disagree though. (Because you're being annoyingly pedantic!) 

Fine, if you're warning traffic behind you of a hazard, but stick your hazards on to warn oncoming traffic and most people wouldn't have a clue you're trying to communicate with them. I'm happy to agree to disagree though. (Because you're being annoyingly pedantic!)

You are probably too busy putting your lipstick on to see hazard lights