Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

School buses stopping at virtually every intersection. The cost to the nation of having free school transportation must be staggering let alone the inconvenience to traffic on almost every non freeway road between the hours of 7-9 & 2-4. Arghhh. Just took me 10 minutes to drive 2 miles

Edited by Smudge

Why do some pedestrian lights go red for no reason... there's no people around to press the button... annoying and puzzling. 

The lights that prompted my question are the ones on Lutterworth road at the top of the hill, near the entry to Red House Road.

Edit: Add to that the really stupid annoying newish lights on the same road opposite the old county arms (soon to be old folks home). They go red and the bus lane light goes green...when there's nothing in the bus lane and nothing down the side street! As soon as they change and you get moving the lights further down trap you. Ugh.

Edited by DennisNedry

Anyone who uses the road between abbey lane and blackbird road will know the yellow grid at the bend near the ford showroom. So many idiots stop at that box when they have right of way. Bit the other day I really laughed as someone drove along and as they reached the bollard in the middle of the box/ road went past only to immediately drive back around it. They didn't realise they should turn right before it not go round it. Wasn't annoying just beyond belief!

School buses stopping at virtually every intersection. The cost to the nation of having free school transportation must be staggering let alone the inconvenience to traffic on almost every non freeway road between the hours of 7-9 & 2-4. Arghhh. Just took me 10 minutes to drive 2 miles

So to make sure you aren't at an inconvenience, you're agaisnt free transport for school children, some of whom may have no other means of travel to school!

Also, would you rather there be 1000s more cars on the roads opposed to these buses?

Either, try not to travel at these times, walk the 2 miles which you imply is such a small distance to avoid the traffic... or simply just understand that other people need to use the roads during rush hour and the school run times, and stop complaining.

So to make sure you aren't at an inconvenience, you're agaisnt free transport for school children, some of whom may have no other means of travel to school!

Also, would you rather there be 1000s more cars on the roads opposed to these buses?

Either, try not to travel at these times, walk the 2 miles which you imply is such a small distance to avoid the traffic... or simply just understand that other people need to use the roads during rush hour and the school run times, and stop complaining.

Probably to all of your points and how do you know I am able to walk? You don't do you? Edited by Smudge

Probably to all of your points and how do you know I am able to walk? You don't do you?

Well obviously I don't! Although if you wasn't able to walk, I'd guess (possibly incorrectly), that you might bear in mind a tad more, and understand that not every child on the school buses are able to walk! Not only does this support the need for the school buses, but also the more frequent stops!

Also, walking was just an one of the suggestions, if you're not able then you'd obviously have to drive, and sit in traffic. Should there be a 'disabled lane' for people who are forced to drive because they aren't able to walk? I think not!

Edited by Leeds Fox

Why do some pedestrian lights go red for no reason... there's no people around to press the button... annoying and puzzling. 

The lights that prompted my question are the ones on Lutterworth road at the top of the hill, near the entry to Red House Road.

Edit: Add to that the really stupid annoying newish lights on the same road opposite the old county arms (soon to be old folks home). They go red and the bus lane light goes green...when there's nothing in the bus lane and nothing down the side street! As soon as they change and you get moving the lights further down trap you. Ugh.

Absolute waste of money with that bus lane on the A426. And the sooner they knock down the County Arms and build those flats, the better #eyesore 

• Like 1

Well obviously I don't! Although if you wasn't able to walk, I'd guess (possibly incorrectly), that you might bear in mind a tad more, and understand that not every child on the school buses are able to walk! Not only does this support the need for the school buses, but also the more frequent stops!

Also, walking was just an one of the suggestions, if you're not able then you'd obviously have to drive, and sit in traffic. Should there be a 'disabled lane' for people who are forced to drive because they aren't able to walk? I think not!

Children who are disabled, travel in buses designed to help them, as you can imagine there are fewer on the road than the others. They also do not stop at intersections since the children are taken to their homes.

With all due respect you haven't any idea what you are talking about. If you did, I'd happily debate the subject.

I think my moan about what frustrated me today is as valid as anyone else who's had a rough day and vented about what just happened on the roads. Why you had to set about putting me on the road to righteousness is curious.

I don't do belligerent or angry on here and I'm certainly not going to start, so let's just move on eh? :)

They actually have right of way.

Pedestrians have right of way at all times, which means they can step into the road at any point. Doesn't make it a good idea though and why bother looking if your not going to stop anyway?

Pedestrians have right of way at all times, which means they can step into the road at any point. Doesn't make it a good idea though and why bother looking if your not going to stop anyway?

Well you look to see if the car will abide by the law of the road and enable you to cross. If you blindly cross the road you're bound to become dead. Some people have brass and cross the road in the hope to emulate Hoffman, 'I'm walking here!' or hoping for a tidy payout from your insurer/or their solicitor.

There's no point in being pissed about whether someone looks or not, they are in the right in the eyes of the law.

not happened today but me and my lad were walking to a pedestrian crossing, no cars about so just crossed, but a couple behind us pressed it and just crossed. think for fooks sake use some forward thinking .

I ****ing hate traffic with a passion. Sat in gridlock traffic on the M69 where three lanes turn into two just before the M1.

I stayed in the right hand lane and moved into the middle lane just before it converts into two and some **** decided to speed past me and squeeze in front of me.

Bastard.

Edited by buzzer_b

• 2 weeks later...

Girls texting while driving - no sexist but I have only seen girls texting, might be cos I'm looking at that them.

:) youve only yourself to blame, im guessing pretty much every girl in Leicestershire is tindering either you, smuts, des or miquel!  every minute of the day.

Audi drivers! Always seem to be either wanting to get into my boot or overtaking me in a village or on a dangerous stretch of road (I am by no means a slow driver) they are so impatient! Tw*ts!

Also pulling up to a traffic light just as it turns to red then for the next few minutes you get the people in the car next to you weirdly staring!

Following a driver who chucked so much litter out of his car it was like he'd emptied his wheelie bin onto the road. :@

Oh and fallen trees just round a blind bend... and pig ignorant drivers who'd just been past in the opposite direction making no attempt to warn oncoming traffic. Cretins. :glare: 

Following a driver who chucked so much litter out of his car it was like he'd emptied his wheelie bin onto the road. :@

Oh and fallen trees just round a blind bend... and pig ignorant drivers who'd just been past in the opposite direction making no attempt to warn oncoming traffic. Cretins. :glare:

How is the driver supposed to warn you (flashing lights and beeping the horn aren't appropriate), you should always be driving within the limits of what you can see ahead [emoji12]

How is the driver supposed to warn you (flashing lights and beeping the horn aren't appropriate), you should always be driving within the limits of what you can see ahead [emoji12]

Really? It might not be strictly 'appropriate' for a driver to flash their headlights but it always used to be fairly common practise to warn others of hazards. I was driving within the limits of what I could see - hence I didn't plough into the fallen tree. Presumably if there was a person who'd been knocked over lying in the road it would be ok if drivers made no attempt to warn oncoming traffic because 'it's not my problem'... because 'they should be driving within their limits'. 

Thankfully not all drivers had this attitude when there was the multiple pile-up in fog on the Sheppey Crossing. Many more would be been killed or injured if others hadn't made some effort to warn others of the danger.