Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

By "stockpiling" I meant filling the tank to the brim where normally they'd put £20-£30 in.

Personally I put £35 in a week and that just about does me. Today I put the same £35 in. I'm not a greedy **** who doesn't give a **** about anyone else's needs.

Yeah I think prob6 thats what people are doing.

I dont drive much nowadays but I'm a brimmer*!

(* that's not anything in the urban dictionary,  I just fill to the brim when I need!!!)

Brimmer- I'll let you people use that word from now on!

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Yeah I think prob6 thats what people are doing.

I dont drive much nowadays but I'm a brimmer*!

(* that's not anything in the urban dictionary,  I just fill to the brim when I need!!!)

Brimmer- I'll let you people use that word from now on!

Brimmer... as opposed to rimmer. Completely different and nothing to do with Red Dwarf... well unless you are intimate with a red dwarf, which is unlikely. Unless you know of a REALLY niche club??

Don't know which bit of my mind this came from.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Brimmer... as opposed to rimmer. Completely different and nothing to do with Red Dwarf... well unless you are intimate with a red dwarf, which is unlikely. Unless you know of a REALLY niche club??

Don't know which bit of my mind this came from.

Is it brimmer or rimmer???

I'm.more than happy to be notified I'm wrong.

@HighPeakFox

52 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Think that's bad? I work in a fvcking petrol station... If it wasn't for the fact that all cars are currently gridlocked outside my work, I'd throw myself in front of one rather than do my shift on Sunday.

People are literally panicking because of the media?..  I've never seen anything like it, cars were spilling out onto the main road which I've never seen before.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Absolute cretins panic buying petrol.

What is wrong with people in this country? Total morons.

I have to fuel up to 8 cars a day because of my job. I've spent literally 3 hours today queued at petrol pumps.

The woman in Tesco confirmed there's absolutely no shortage at all. They've had 3 tankers in the last 48 hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Absolute cretins panic buying petrol.

What is wrong with people in this country? Total morons.

I have to fuel up to 8 cars a day because of my job. I've spent literally 3 hours today queued at petrol pumps.

The woman in Tesco confirmed there's absolutely no shortage at all. They've had 3 tankers in the last 48 hours.

As I posted earlier, there was a fuel tanker in the queue of cars at a petrol station I passed. ridiculous how people over-react. There'll be deliveries tomorrow. Once again, the ****ing media not being balanced

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Raj said:

Is there a shortage pending or is it just panic buying???

How do you stockpile fuel safely??? People really would do this?

As far as I know, it's a shortage of HGV drivers that forced some closures. Not a fuel shortage but people are idiots and have started panicking which has had a knock on effect. 

Tbf, some of these BP drivers are being paid £10 less an hour than our company pay so have tight fully walked away. 

We just got a delivery of about 25k litres so it's defo not fuel shortages. 

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm sure this had nothing to do with it:

i9t8p6voeep71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Fvcking jokers them lot.

I will never get over the amount of people that continue to read shit like the Sun and believe it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

I drove HGV's on my days off through an agency. Agency drivers get the worst loads/routes and are largely ostracised by fully employed drivers. I got paid the agency rate which was below the living wage at the time after agency fees were deducted. I did it because I liked driving Class 1. I could go back but my C1 has expired and I would need to do a CPC qualification. To regain a C1 would cost about £350 and the CPC would be another £50 per module (4 modules=£200) to complete and has to be done every 5 years. 

The costs to agency drivers outweigh the income and effort.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

And the antithesis of them are those that read the Daily Mail and believe it.

Also played a part in this from the fvcking beginning considering Brexit was gonna be the greatest thing to happen .... remember that lol 

• Like 2

I was in the Peaks today. On the way back out heading towards Stockport there's a long straight and some absolute pen¡s in a van decides it's high time he overtook the truck in front of him. He misjudges it massively and I could see straight away he was going to struggle to get ahead of the truck. Now, maybe, the truck could've eased off to let him in front, maybe the van driver should have slowed and gone back in behind the truck, but I shouldn't have had to slow to an almost stop to avoid a head-on collision, which is what I did.

It's fair to say I was fuming.

I didn't join the panic yesterday.  And today every petrol station in my town of 33,000 souls is dry and closed.  It doesn't affect me too badly, there's always the bus pass to resort to but how my eldest is going to commute to the care home where he works is a concern (no trains to the location).

• Sad 1