Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 22/09/2021 at 17:51, filbertway said:

I must be lol

Theres cutting your nose off to spider face* and then there's putting yourself in danger and smashing up your own property...

Hmm now I think about it more... I see your point :D

*US office reference which brings me great joy 

There are so many drivers who drive in a total vacuum, never look peripherally, in their mirrors or side to side - in their own little world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There are so many drivers who drive in a total vacuum, never look peripherally, in their mirrors or side to side - in their own little world.

Tell me about it. I nearly got wiped out on my motorbike yesterday  by someone simply ploughing though on a roundabout. I say nearly, but I'd checked them and saw they were completely oblivious to my presence - even after I'd slowed up to allow them through.  Probably!y thinking about what to have for dinner or something. If you'd have asked them about the motorbike on the roundabout they'd have probably said 'what motorbike? There wasn't one'

1 minute ago, drumbeat said:

Tell me about it. I nearly got wiped out on my motorbike yesterday  by someone simply ploughing though on a roundabout. I say nearly, but I'd checked them and saw they were completely oblivious to my presence - even after I'd slowed up to allow them through.  Probably!y thinking about what to have for dinner or something. If you'd have asked them about the motorbike on the roundabout they'd have probably said 'what motorbike? There wasn't one'

Yup, the sort who say things like 'then a car came out of nowhere and.....' 

They walk amongst us, and then blame everyone else.

17 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I was in the Peaks today. On the way back out heading towards Stockport there's a long straight and some absolute pen¡s in a van decides it's high time he overtook the truck in front of him. He misjudges it massively and I could see straight away he was going to struggle to get ahead of the truck. Now, maybe, the truck could've eased off to let him in front, maybe the van driver should have slowed and gone back in behind the truck, but I shouldn't have had to slow to an almost stop to avoid a head-on collision, which is what I did.

It's fair to say I was fuming.

People like that piss me off. As soon as you get 1% of doubt, abort.  Go back behind

• Like 1

Got fuel yesterday morning (always top up to full when down to the last 1/4).

Queuing to get in.

Drove past the same petrol station today and it was empty apart from the tags on the pumps....

Drove past BP on the A6 in Birstall as well. Queuing all the way down to and on the redhills junction. Madness.

24 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Some clown in their private plated 4x4 twatwagon parked across my drive at school pick up time

Call 2 mates that have cars and are free. Park one either end of it. Wait for their return and laugh. Surprisingly allowed. 

Laws 100% need changing in this area tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Call 2 mates that have cars and are free. Park one either end of it. Wait for their return and laugh. Surprisingly allowed. 

Laws 100% need changing in this area tbh. 

She was probably having a crap day and up against it in all sorts of ways but it's the assumption that I'm not that gets on my tits

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Some clown in their private plated 4x4 twatwagon parked across my drive at school pick up time

If the vehicle was parking on a dropped kerb in front of the drive, in theory that's an offence and the driver can be fined. Deliberately boxing-in a parked car is obstruction of the highway, also an offence. But if someone parks on your drive without your permission - that's okay! Neither the cops nor the local authority can act. 

30 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If the vehicle was parking on a dropped kerb in front of the drive, in theory that's an offence and the driver can be fined. Deliberately boxing-in a parked car is obstruction of the highway, also an offence. But if someone parks on your drive without your permission - that's okay! Neither the cops nor the local authority can act. 

She was probably only there for ten minutes, so it's no time for anyone to do anything about it, but it's long enough to make me have to park on the next street (which is empty, of course) and piss me off because I've had to rush home from work in time to pick my kids up from the same school.

Might get to know her better when we're queuing up at pick up time

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

She was probably only there for ten minutes, so it's no time for anyone to do anything about it, but it's long enough to make me have to park on the next street (which is empty, of course) and piss me off because I've had to rush home from work in time to pick my kids up from the same school.

Might get to know her better when we're queuing up at pick up time

Get some white lines painted outside your drive too...ask the council.

It still wont stop the inbred parking there though. We just have to accept we have inbreds everywhere 

If she'd said 'I'm sorry, I was really in a rush and I didn't think anyone would be coming home and I've messed up' I'd probably have said 'no worries, love' or something equally patronising and left it. It's that 'I cannot bear to admit I'm in the wrong' thing that infuriates.

I shouldn't moan too much though, considering I live so close to the school I think that's the only the second time anyone's done that to us in ten years.  The first time it stopped us getting off the drive to go to work

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

I know someone who has relatives near Heathrow. They came home from work one day and there was a car on their drive with a note saying they’d gone on holiday and will be back in 2 weeks. They called the police who told them exactly this, nothing they could do. Also said that if they caused any damage to the car they could be prosecuted. Outrageous. 

• Like 2

I managed to get petrol no problem yesterday. Used my little local garage (as I usually do) who had coned off the forecourt, drove past and asked when they were getting some diesel in, she moved a cone and said come in, we’re only serving our regular customers. Poor girl had had abuse from people she’d never seen or filled up there before, but well done to the garage for looking after it’s regular customers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I managed to get petrol no problem yesterday. Used my little local garage (as I usually do) who had coned off the forecourt, drove past and asked when they were getting some diesel in, she moved a cone and said come in, we’re only serving our regular customers. Poor girl had had abuse from people she’d never seen or filled up there before, but well done to the garage for looking after it’s regular customers. 

Part of the petrol cabal. 

39 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I know someone who has relatives near Heathrow. They came home from work one day and there was a car on their drive with a note saying they’d gone on holiday and will be back in 2 weeks. They called the police who told them exactly this, nothing they could do. Also said that if they caused any damage to the car they could be prosecuted. Outrageous. 

It's also illegal to clamp, tow away or block in a car parked without permission on a private drive. But the law on trespassing has been tightened slightly, so now, if the car remains occupied, that's encampment and legal action can be taken. So, if you want free parking, just find an empty drive and leave your car there!   

45 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

People that don’t understand what to do when two lanes merge into one. I was merging into the other lane and some woman who was fully behind me in the other lane just decided to pull up alongside me. Clueless. 

There's been a few posts re merging lately. I wonder how many of those complaining other drivers are not letting them in, aren't indicating their intentions in the first place - as required?

Annoys me when other drivers go to merge with no signalling.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Class. I’m defo doing this.

particularly after I used JustPark to book two drive way spaces in Manchester at the weekend for the courteeners gig at the cricket ground. Turned up to find the house didn’t have a drive and he’s a scam artist. A local resident came out saw us looking all confused and annoyed and he gave us two street parking permits. There are some good people in the world

• Like 1

I know a lad who’s mum lives close to Notts Forest ground. He reckons she’s had the same blokes park on her drive, which is huge apparently, dozens of times. Doesn’t actually affect her but wow it’s so wrong. The first time it happened her other son went out and three lads were getting out. One of them basically said we know where u live and do u really want to make a scene. I should add this only happens when Forest are playing. 

Edited by MonmoreStef