AKCJ Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Can't out pass West Brom at home, so we put on 3 6ft+ strikers and resort to aimless hoofball. That works in League One, and occasionally in the Championship. But it'll not work at this level. Lescott and Macaulay are highly experienced players and thy didn't have to break sweat. We've not looked like scoring for ages because we're utterly clueless and totally lacking in confidence. Sorry Nige. But this bad run is down to you. Sort this out before you lose your job and our Premier League status.
Charl91 Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 We don't have good enough players. It's simple. We have two wins this season. One Smash-And-Grab against Stoke (who were the better team), and a win against a Man United who completely capitulated. We flattered to deceive in our first few games - I actually think our best performance may have come against Chelsea, possibly Arsenal.
Larry_LCFC Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Down to poor team selection and bad formations. No width, no urgency. We need to drop the underperformers now! We are in big trouble.
StanSP Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Nige has to take some responsibility for today. More tinkering and 4 central midfielders was bewildering from the start to be honest. There's no flow, rhythm when there's a lack of consistency in the line-up. This isn't a call for him to be sacked (obviously before anyone states so), but if you're gonna have Wood and Ulloa on the pitch at the same time, you need to give them crosses to feed off. Therefore play some wingers and get some width on the pitch. Once again, Ulloa was pinging balls in to the box when he should be on the receiving end.
Brooksy Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Baffling selections once again. Has he lost it?
lgfualol Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Can we find that gif of Nige pulling Van Gaal's pants down and delete it forever? Our tactical genius is kinda proving every wrong.
HesNotGudjonsonn2 Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 We seemed to play the long ball the whole game and it is embarrasing. We are not Wimbledon of the 80's. I wish we would stop playing it back to Kasper to hoof it up front. It looks desperate.
m4DD0gg Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 His ridiculous selections since Burnley have been total suicide today especially. Kings missed header came from an Ulloa cross.....that should have been the other way round and i would bet my mortgage Ulloa would have buried it.....because he is a STRIKER not a winger.
Guest ttfn Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Pearson writing his own P45 with his selections and substitutions at the moment.
Happy Fox Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 International break is coming up lose to Southampton and he is gone imo. Beat Southampton and his job is secure but seriously we need to f**king wake up it took us 10 years to get back in the prem we have to stay up at all costs, I fear for us if we get relegated.
bovril Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Lets face facts. It's the Premiership. Loadsa money. Pearson is getting paid plenty of it to keep us there. If it starts to look like he isn't able, he'll be sacked. He knows it, we all know it. I think we missed out in the summer in terms of recruitment, but that's in the past now. Whether or not another manager could get more out of this group of players is debatable, but the Thais sure as hell won't wait to find out. I think after the Sunderland game we will either be celebrating the rebirth of our season or waving goodbye to one of our most successful managers.
ZeljkoKalac1 Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 I have to laugh at you morons saying Pearson should go! Take a step back and have a look in........we're still out of the relegation places and the season is only a 1/4 of the way through. In football you can as easily come out of bad run into a good run and vice versa, which is what has happened to us. Give it time............I must admit if we are still this bad come January then the owners have a decision to make, but be careful what you wish for............Is there a manager out there that is better for this club at present? Me personally I'd stick with the Nigel, and maybe give him some extra funds come Jan.
ScouseFox Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 McCauley definitely didn't have to break sweat hahaha
marbles Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 I for one was happy to see 4 central midfielders. We have no confidence in the scoring department right now, and my guess is that NIgel figures if we could knock one in early, the floodgates will open. Unfortunately it didnt work.
StanSP Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 I for one was happy to see 4 central midfielders. We have no confidence in the scoring department right now, and my guess is that NIgel figures if we could knock one in early, the floodgates will open. Unfortunately it didnt work. Where does 4 CMs = knocking one in early, though?
johnny the fox Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/news/fans-unhappy-after-foxes-lose-again-S11363940850312? why were the fans shouting boss at the end?
Matt Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Some of Nige's selections and ideas are baffleing me abit but it's not his fault the players can't make a simple pass. Both Nige and the team has to take the blame, my issue is probably more with the players at this moment in time though. I've said many a time even if we get relegated I do not believe we should get rid of Nige, unless he does something dramatically stupid, i've gotta say i'm not understanding his decisions at the moment but that said I still think he's the best man for the job and we'd struggle to replace him with anyone who would do a better job.
StanSP Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Some of Nige's selections and ideas are baffleing me abit but it's not his fault the players can't make a simple pass. Both Nige and the team has to take the blame, my issue is probably more with the players at this moment in time though. I've said many a time even if we get relegated I do not believe we should get rid of Nige, unless he does something dramatically stupid, i've gotta say i'm not understanding his decisions at the moment but that said I still think he's the best man for the job and we'd struggle to replace him with anyone who would do a better job. Pretty much this. I think I've said Nige has to take responsibility for this loss but some stuff on the pitch the manager has no influence over. Some poor passes by key personnel (namely Drinkwater) today you can't control as a coach. Or when Schmeichel threw it out and gave WBA possession when Morgan was about 5 yards away as the simple pass. What many have to understand is that some of these players as well as Nigel are still adapting to the Premier League. It was never going to be easy and it's perhaps a very steep learning curve for some at the moment.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 His ridiculous selections since Burnley have been total suicide today especially. Kings missed header came from an Ulloa cross.....that should have been the other way round and i would bet my mortgage Ulloa would have buried it.....because he is a STRIKER not a winger. I agree with this. I just can't fathom what Pearson is up to. It's easy to point the finger at players who are performing badly, but it's Pearson that picks them. He does appear to be panicking, but that's what you get with sub standard personnel. He had the opportunity in the close season, to cater for the challenge of the Premiership, but he just didn't do it. I hope all those numpties who reckoned we would have no trouble coping in this league, realize just how silly they made themselves look!
Matt Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 Pretty much this. I think I've said Nige has to take responsibility for this loss but some stuff on the pitch the manager has no influence over. Some poor passes by key personnel (namely Drinkwater) today you can't control as a coach. Or when Schmeichel threw it out and gave WBA possession when Morgan was about 5 yards away as the simple pass. What many have to understand is that some of these players as well as Nigel are still adapting to the Premier League. It was never going to be easy and it's perhaps a very steep learning curve for some at the moment. I was going mental at that. He really does want to think himself lucky Hamer is out at the moment, although unfortunately I don't think NP would drop in if i'm honest, but Schmeichel needs to get his head out his arse and buck his ideas up, too many mistakes recently, started by his stupid decision against Burnley, and I was one of a few who was worried about Hamer coming in against Stoke. Thing is, it's too easy for me to sit here and keep saying drop Schmeichel, Morgan, De Laet, Morgan, Konch (On today performance, not had a problem with him all season really), Drinkwater, Nuge, but in reality you can't, we could drop a few but not all, we don't have the replacements, unfortunately.
StanSP Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 I was going mental at that. He really does want to think himself lucky Hamer is out at the moment, although unfortunately I don't think NP would drop in if i'm honest, but Schmeichel needs to get his head out his arse and buck his ideas up, too many mistakes recently, started by his stupid decision against Burnley, and I was one of a few who was worried about Hamer coming in against Stoke. Thing is, it's too easy for me to sit here and keep saying drop Schmeichel, Morgan, De Laet, Morgan, Konch (On today performance, not had a problem with him all season really), Drinkwater, Nuge, but in reality you can't, we could drop a few but not all, we don't have the replacements, unfortunately. This is true, too. Schmeichel is lucky there's no adequate back-up to come in and give him competition at the moment. You're right about not being able to drop loads at once. Especially Morgan twice . Although that's a huge call if he was to drop the captain other than injury/suspension. Takes balls to do that. Drinkwater hasn't got started yet this season. Can't remember a decent game he's had? Again though, that relates to learning on the job, effectively, and facing up to a bigger challenge from last season of the Premier League.
Matt Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 This is true, too. Schmeichel is lucky there's no adequate back-up to come in and give him competition at the moment. You're right about not being able to drop loads at once. Especially Morgan twice . Although that's a huge call if he was to drop the captain other than injury/suspension. Takes balls to do that. Drinkwater hasn't got started yet this season. Can't remember a decent game he's had? Again though, that relates to learning on the job, effectively, and facing up to a bigger challenge from last season of the Premier League. Well spotted Tbh and it's easy for me the question this now and maybe i'm speaking out of term as he was fine last year and I never mentioned it but I question is Morgan captain material? To late to change that and would take even more balls than dropping him to take the captaincy off him as for who you would give the captaincy I don't know but I will raise the question anyway. I'm all for patience in the players and management learning, and realise they are learning on the job, but to play so poor and not make simple passes for professional footballers in inexcusable.
StanSP Posted 1 November 2014 Posted 1 November 2014 I think so. He's a leader and influential. Right now the whole team is below-par. Morgan needs to be the one to help improve spirits around the club and get confidence back up. I have faith that he'll do so but perhaps we won't see the effects immediately.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.