Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

There were some player interviews after friendlies but that was because the players thought it was contractual. When they realised it wasn't contractual to speak to RL they reverted to their original stance but changed the ban from one person to the entire station, so I'm led to believe.

Can't you pass a message on to the players to say that we as fans are missing out.  We all know Stringer was/is a balloonhead but take the high ground that they are doing it for us not Radio Leicester.  They need to let him know he has one chance and that's it.

His interview technique and delivery to CR has been a lot better, CR comes across well in interviews and thankfully Stringer doesn't take his responses literally (unlike some on here).  Shame they have so many helmets call in to the show.

Any chance you could do a LCFC podcast with interviews? 

They need to grow up, bury the hatchet and move on. They are supposed to be "professionals". Very rarely hear interviews with our players now they don't speak to RL. Only people suffering are the fans.

Or, they could do post match interviews with the likes of the BBC (main ones, not RL) and carry on ignoring it. 

That we're the only ones suffering is purely because Radio Leicester won't drop Stringer and Bourne - chuck them, get McCarthy to do the interviews and a better commentator and everyone wins.

I find this whole debate extremely hypocritical from some of you. The beef with Stringer was the way people say he was "stirring stuff up" trying to get NP the sack with comments he was making. How is what some of you are doing any different? You are constantly slamming him and wishing him to lose his livelihood because basically, you don't like him. Pot Kettle.

I find this whole debate extremely hypocritical from some of you. The beef with Stringer was the way people say he was "stirring stuff up" trying to get NP the sack with comments he was making. How is what some of you are doing any different? You are constantly slamming him and wishing him to lose his livelihood because basically, you don't like him. Pot Kettle.

There's a significant difference between me and Stringer. I'm not a professional radio presenter, paid by the public purse on a public radio station that expects his reportage to be objective, and without deliberate prejudice, and self-interest.

There's a huge difference, Stringer is paid to be a neutral and to voice what is going on at the club for the fanbase. He's clearly demonstrated that he wasn't neutral during the time Pearson was in charge and abused the power he had to suit his agenda. Not only has he severely rattled the fans, he's also rattled the players even so that they're continuing their boycott allegedly without Nigel still at the club. The anti stringer lot are not employed but the BBC to talk about the club, they're merely fans getting across their view which they're entitled to do that they've got no trust in Stringer, they have no power just a voice. With that being the demographic Stringer needs a healthy relationship with, then it's quite alarming how dismal it is and why the BBC won't act in the best interests of the fan. The anti stringer group are no different to you lot who were anti NP for the majority of the season.

No - I'm mature enough to tolerate people who annoy me if they're doing a good job (more than can be said for a lot of those who supported stringers campaign against Pearson) but he's poor at his job and should be sacked for that alone - watch a game on tv but with the RL commentary - it's a mile off. 

I've never as far as I remember, done a slit throat gesture in stringers direction.

Stringer did not have a campaign against Pearson. He just didn't kiss his arse. It's nice to have a mature, civilized manager now who understands the importance of talking tot the fans through local media outlets.

Can anyone actually say they would ever enjoy having to interview Pearson on a regular basis?

No - I'm mature enough to tolerate people who annoy me if they're doing a good job (more than can be said for a lot of those who supported stringers campaign against Pearson) but he's poor at his job and should be sacked for that alone - watch a game on tv but with the RL commentary - it's a mile off. 

Stringer was a knob, I don't doubt it for a second. But there comes a point where things just have to be put to bed. Radio Leicester is supposed to be for local people, and right now the content is non existant. I just wish someone would sort this mess out.

Stringer did not have a campaign against Pearson. He just didn't kiss his arse. It's nice to have a mature, civilized manager now who understands the importance of talking tot the fans through local media outlets.

Can anyone actually say they would ever enjoy having to interview Pearson on a regular basis?

As above would you suggest a slit throat gesture is a good idea in a professional capacity. Stringer may not have started with a campaign but he sure ended up with one.

Bloke needs to grow up and mature in his job.

As above would you suggest a slit throat gesture is a good idea in a professional capacity. Stringer may not have started with a campaign but he sure ended up with one.

Bloke needs to grow up and mature in his job.

Where has that actually come from? I've never heard of a slit throat gesture being made before now? Was that from someone "ITK"

You been living in a cave.

Confirmed by geoff peters.

This thread is only 19 pages read it back

No, I just have more important things to concern myself with than a campaign against Ian bloody Stringer. Did Geoff Peter's actually see it? Even for Stringer, it sounds abit far fetched.

We it MUST be true then. I'm surprised the BBC would continue to employ someone who did such a thing. But then again, I suspect it never happened.

Seriously read the thread back.

Confirmed it happened and the boss at rl is a huge fan of stringer. She backed him. The players and club backed np. Hence the stand off.

I hope this softens now. However stringer is shit at his job and needs replacing anyway. I don't give a **** what he had in his sandwich or how is journey was. I want on the rare occasion I need his commentary, to know what the fcukmis happening on the pitch.

Clearly we're barking up the wrong tree Larry. And Ian Stringer is imitating terrorist behavior whilst being employed by a national broadcaster. Ya Know, coz people said he did it, innit!

Is it not far more likely that Pearson spat his dummy out over (perceived) criticism and that is what led tot the impasse? I mean, stringer has no history of making such gestures while Pearson does have history of falling out with journalists.

Stringer was a knob, I don't doubt it for a second. But there comes a point where things just have to be put to bed. Radio Leicester is supposed to be for local people, and right now the content is non existant. I just wish someone would sort this mess out.

The content might as well be non-existent even if Stringer hadn't burned all the bridges with the club, because the commentary is so poor and wildly inaccurate. 

Clearly we're barking up the wrong tree Larry. And Ian Stringer is imitating terrorist behavior whilst being employed by a national broadcaster. Ya Know, coz people said he did it, innit!

Is it not far more likely that Pearson spat his dummy out over (perceived) criticism and that is what led tot the impasse? I mean, stringer has no history of making such gestures while Pearson does have history of falling out with journalists.

Makes no difference if you believe it or not. But you think the players and a broadcaster who works for a national station have reason to back pearsons alleged vendetta against 1 man?

Archived