Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Well the players just do what they are told by their employer. They don't choose who they give interviews too. Not that is unless we sign Raheem Sterling.

I give up.

The players are employees of lcfc. Not nigel pearson.

They saw stringers gesture on the pitch after the liverpool game. This is well documented. They chose to blank stringer and stringer alone, they and nige would have still spoken to rl just not stringer.

This is all common knowledge. All I asked was if that stance had now changed.

I give up.

The players are employees of lcfc. Not nigel pearson.

They saw stringers gesture on the pitch after the liverpool game. This is well documented. They chose to blank stringer and stringer alone, they and nige would have still spoken to rl just not stringer.

This is all common knowledge. All I asked was if that stance had now changed.

Is it?

I must actually be an ostrich. lol

Tbh, I don't think the anti/pro stringerettes will agree. I just wish some management somewhere would grow some balls. They've had months to sort it out and get somebody to do the interviews instead of Stringer. Surely they can compromise so that we still get to hear from the players. Boycotting the whole station is just unnecessary and avoidable.

Is it?

I must actually be an ostrich. lol

Tbh, I don't think the anti/pro stringerettes will agree. I just wish some management somewhere would grow some balls. They've had months to sort it out and get somebody to do the interviews instead of Stringer. Surely they can compromise so that we still get to hear from the players. Boycotting the whole station is just unnecessary and avoidable.

Yes read the whole thread or pm Mr random silly aka geoff peters he has spoken openly about it.

But that's the point. The players boycotted stringer. Rl chose to back stringer and keep sending him. Had they sent bourne they would have got interviews.

They just chose not too.

Yes read the whole thread or pm Mr random silly aka geoff peters he has spoken openly about it.

But that's the point. The players boycotted stringer. Rl chose to back stringer and keep sending him. Had they sent bourne they would have got interviews.

They just chose not too.

So if they were to send Bourne tomorrow, they would speak? That is just incredibly stubborn by RL if that is the case. Surprised someone higher up the chain of BBC hasn't told them to sort their act out tbh.

So if they were to send Bourne tomorrow, they would speak? That is just incredibly stubborn by RL if that is the case. Surprised someone higher up the chain of BBC hasn't told them to sort their act out tbh.

I agree but for some reason the club backed np

Rl backed stringer. As I say the head of rl is a big advocate of stringer. And personal opinion aside I can't understand why.

So until Ian Stringer is no longer covering Leicester or the man to do interviews, we will never hear from any of the players in an interview.

Irrespective that the manager has gone and a new one is in charge

Irrespective that half the players are different and werent here during the supposed "gesture"?

Irrespective that for some reason, we still get some of the staff at the club speaking on radio like Rudkin, Beaglehole and regularly Birchenall who dont seem to be toeing this anti Radio Leicester stance.

I think everyone should grow up a bit. Ridiculous situation and frankly there are no sides to take in it. Pearson was an idiot, Stringer was an idiot, the players are being idiots, and everyone needs to sort themselves out.

Clearly we're barking up the wrong tree Larry. And Ian Stringer is imitating terrorist behavior whilst being employed by a national broadcaster. Ya Know, coz people said he did it, innit!

Is it not far more likely that Pearson spat his dummy out over (perceived) criticism and that is what led tot the impasse? I mean, stringer has no history of making such gestures while Pearson does have history of falling out with journalists.

Don't be such an idiot, read the thread, read several threads. He did do it, you can be sensible enough to make your own mind up about which stories/sources you believe.

This sort of behaviour from Stringer is hardly surprising so I don't know why you're suggesting it is. Pearson fell out with journalists a lot, so what, why only ban Stringer then?

The owners sacked Pearson for what are basically "marketing reasons"

Its time they spoke to the playing group (or at least sent them a VERY clear message) that this boycotting bullshit is not on.

Get on the fvcking radio, mention the king power stadum/brand and Thailand once in every interview and start doing what you are paid for  :ph34r:

Just for the benefit of anyone else who can't be bothered to read the thread or (god knows how) missed the whole reason for this and attributed it entirely to Pearson being arrogant and stubborn.

Stringer DID make the cut-throat gesture to Nugent which was seen by other players and interpreted by them as that's the end for Pearson. (Stringer says the gesture was misinterpreted). The players took it upon themselves to not speak to Stringer as a show of support for Pearson. Pearson then joined the players in their stance (probably more down to the only RL post-match interview that has ever made me uncomfortable to listen to it than the players reports of the gesture). Stringer circulating the link to the foad video on Twitter and blocking anyone who criticised him has not helped his cause with the fans.

The whole stand-off with the players could have been avoided if RL had simply sent someone else to do the interviews, they took an Ian Stringer does the post-match interviews stance and we arrive at the current situation.

Stringer may have been responsible for the original gesture, responsible for circulating the video and responsible for not offering any explanation of the gesture that he says was misinterpreted but RL are responsible for the stand-off. I maintain that if they'd sent Bourne or McCarthy, the normal post-match routine would have continued, the whole thing would have blown over and Stringer could have explained his actions and apologised to the players for any misunderstandings. We would then be back to normal this season.

RL taking the stance they did has allowed the whole thing to fester to the point that the players now allegedly don't want to talk to anyone from the station, even after the departure of Pearson.

See Geoff's posts about the interviews after the friendlies.

Just for the benefit of anyone else who can't be bothered to read the thread or (god knows how) missed the whole reason for this and attributed it entirely to Pearson being arrogant and stubborn.

Stringer DID make the cut-throat gesture to Nugent which was seen by other players and interpreted by them as that's the end for Pearson. (Stringer says the gesture was misinterpreted). The players took it upon themselves to not speak to Stringer as a show of support for Pearson. Pearson then joined the players in their stance (probably more down to the only RL post-match interview that has ever made me uncomfortable to listen to it than the players reports of the gesture). Stringer circulating the link to the foad video on Twitter and blocking anyone who criticised him has not helped his cause with the fans.

The whole stand-off with the players could have been avoided if RL had simply sent someone else to do the interviews, they took an Ian Stringer does the post-match interviews stance and we arrive at the current situation.

Stringer may have been responsible for the original gesture, responsible for circulating the video and responsible for not offering any explanation of the gesture that he says was misinterpreted but RL are responsible for the stand-off. I maintain that if they'd sent Bourne or McCarthy, the normal post-match routine would have continued, the whole thing would have blown over and Stringer could have explained his actions and apologised to the players for any misunderstandings. We would then be back to normal this season.

RL taking the stance they did has allowed the whole thing to fester to the point that the players now allegedly don't want to talk to anyone from the station, even after the departure of Pearson.

See Geoff's posts about the interviews after the friendlies.

The problem the BBC have is if they back down, they set a precedent for clubs dictating who they can employ . Stringer was a prat, he should have apologised, but generally journalists are employed to ask the difficult questions. If players/clubs/managers get the arse every time someone upsets them and will only do banal press release quotes there's no point. What if they got rid of Stringer and the next guy still upsets a few people at the club?

Should have never been allowed to get to the stage it has.

The problem the BBC have is if they back down, they set a precedent for clubs dictating who they can employ . Stringer was a prat, he should have apologised, but generally journalists are employed to ask the difficult questions. If players/clubs/managers get the arse every time someone upsets them and will only do banal press release quotes there's no point. What if they got rid of Stringer and the next guy still upsets a few people at the club?

this

Its time they spoke to the playing group (or at least sent them a VERY clear message) that this boycotting bullshit is not on.

Get on the fvcking radio, mention the king power stadum/brand and Thailand once in every interview and start doing what you are paid for  :ph34r:

Pleased that's been cleared up.

Stringer doesn't ask the difficult questions though, he attacks and slags off hiding behind the fans want to know disguise - that's not good journalism, he's not asking the difficult and insightful questions, he's wasting the managers time, burning bridges and giving the fans no insight. He's an appalling commentator, a terrible interviewer and a poor pundit - that he managed to lose radio leicester it's access should have been the breaking point.

Stringer doesn't ask the difficult questions though, he attacks and slags off hiding behind the fans want to know disguise - that's not good journalism, he's not asking the difficult and insightful questions, he's wasting the managers time, burning bridges and giving the fans no insight. He's an appalling commentator, a terrible interviewer and a poor pundit - that he managed to lose radio leicester it's access should have been the breaking point.

I do think you let personal hatred for the guy cloud your judgement. The guy can be a knob, and he isn't the best but I don't agree he's as bad as you make out.

I do think you let personal hatred for the guy cloud your judgement. The guy can be a knob, and he isn't the best but I don't agree he's as bad as you make out.

I thought he was an awful commentator long before I had even a vague reason to dislike him (and even that's as a professional, I've no problem with him as a person because I haven't met him) - he's far too excitable and makes play impossible to follow, he'll shout goal for a shot going out for a throw in before it's even left the players boot and will just scream "shoud have been a penalty" rather than describing what happened. You watch a game on TV with the radio Leicester commentary on and you'll see how far off it is and how often important events get missed by them.

As an interviewer his style is too aggressive, it's not newsnight and he's not paxman, while his questions are lazy and fail to probe for any sort of insight.

Without wanting to reopen this argument that makes no sense. The more likely reason is the one reported in the press.

What is it with Stringer wanting to slag off players and managers at any opportunity. He slagged off Pearson all the time to the extent that Pearson would not speak to him. When Was put arm across player last season and ref missed it he was calling for FA to look at it and said he should get a ban. Trying to stir it with Vardy, bringing a Japanese reporter on to goad him into saying how bad "jap" is.

I could ignore his crap if he was good at commentating on the matches but he isn't. Is it time Radio Leicester got a true Leicester Fan reporter on the radio. And yes I don't mind if he has blue tinted glasses on, if I wanted to hear leicester being slagged off I could listen to radio trees or rams

Archived