Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

surprised people get so worked up about him.. as if he has any influence in the footballing world.

Sorry mate I think last night his handling of this 'non-incident' was inflammatory and to the detriment of LCFC. It can affect the commercial interests of LCFC which knocks on to the Football side.  JV has said sorry (but for what I am not sure) and the Club are dealing with it. So why did he feel the need to ring up and interview the Japanese Press and make remarks like 'I will not actually repeat the 'racist' word.

A load of old Michael Ballacks.    I would not be surprised if the Club tell RL that Mr. S is no longer welcome.

Oooo here's Geoff on the Ian Stringer thread again.....he definitely definitely doesn't want the job and has the utmost respect for Ian Stringer.

It's worse that Kevin Bloody Pietersen.

Thanks for that Mr Stringer.

Can people refrain from making personal  insults,  comment on  his work but keep his personal life out of it because it's  very easy to slip into libellous  mode without realising it.

Thanks.

Oooo here's Geoff on the Ian Stringer thread again.....he definitely definitely doesn't want the job and has the utmost respect for Ian Stringer.

I would be very happy for Geoff to get the role but as he's a regular on the world's biggest sporting radio station ... I think he'll pass.

This may not be the correct place to post this but I am sure the Mods can remove, but if you ever fancy a holiday in Japan, I have been told this Travel Agent is very good. They are based in Singapore.

JAP AIR TOURS PTE LTD. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 62922829.

Rubbish. You can progress in journalism with as little talent as me if you work hard, network and keep believing - and without stabbing anyone in the back.

Absolutely right. 

I've made a living out of journalism and if there's one thing that helps with my career is a healthy contacts book. Stabbing people in the back is counter-productive in the extreme. Not only that, but it's also important to realise the usefulness of "keeping your powder dry" if presented with what some would call an "opportunity". People remember things like that. 

Having said that, Ian Stringer is no journalist. He titles himself as a "broadcaster". There's a big difference.

O.K After last nights phone in on Radio Leicester where Mr Stringer again was ridiculous and embarrassing is it now time we sent a clear message to our local Radio station that Ian Stringer is not the right man to be the voice of the fans.

Boycotted by the Club's staff including the Players and Manager and continuing to speak total and utter rubbish resulting in last nights embarrassing attempt of covering the Jamie Vardy Racist story. It's time we made our opinions clear we want a REAL voice of the fans. someone we can relate to and a real Leicester City Fan.

So.....Anyone who agree's can text Radio Leicester with the following words and hopefully with enough texts going in they will sit up and  do something about it.

"Please replace Ian Stringer asap i as a fan have had enough of his poor representation of us fans with the club.His continued employment will result in me boycotting your station .....MR.....(end with your name)

Or words to that effect you get the idea.

Text number: 81333 - Start your message with LEICESTER. Texts to this number will be charged at your standard network rate.

Comment your name here when done. I think as few as 50 will make them sit up and take notice.

We as fans need a voice to the club and he had proven time and time again he is not capable of representing us. The club has virtually boycotted him! We want to hear the Players and Manager after the games.It's time for him to go.Last night was the last straw.

Remember to start with the word LEICESTER.

Comment DONE here.

Sorry mate I think last night his handling of this 'non-incident' was inflammatory and to the detriment of LCFC. It can affect the commercial interests of LCFC which knocks on to the Football side.  JV has said sorry (but for what I am not sure) and the Club are dealing with it. So why did he feel the need to ring up and interview the Japanese Press and make remarks like 'I will not actually repeat the 'racist' word.

A load of old Michael Ballacks.    I would not be surprised if the Club tell RL that Mr. S is no longer welcome.

I agree it is a complete non story and I also agree with majority that Stringer is an idiot. I'm not convinced of the impact of IS opinion on the club though - I feel like people want a totalitarian state where nobody is allowed to disagree with the party line or speak in a negative manner about anyone related to the club. It's up to the BBC whether they employ him or not.. he might end up shooting himself in the head career wise.

BBC RL and Stringer were truly shocking last night making a thing over an alleged use of a racist term. On a grainy heavily doctored selected CCTV footage many find Vardy guilty as charged including Mr Stringer. If it was that clear you wouldn't need subtitles to emphasis your claims. A very poor error of judgement/act of ignorance, gross stupidity that will be addressed by the club and rightly so not by BBC RL.

Also in running a Post Office am very well aware of the BBC having an agenda highlighted by their fly on the wall "documentary" about the Post Office and how 1.8 billion of your taxes have been wasted.

Just stop listening to it. Only way they will take notice.

That's a fair comment mate, but why should those who can't make the games suffer by missing out completely.

Granted it's probably the only way it will work, however if they do receive enough texts, it may well make them sit up and take notice at least.

Text sent.

Alright, so I've listened to it up to Tom and don't have any intention of carrying on past that. My thought, it was a very awkward performance by stringer. I don't think he has an agenda towards Vardy because he has no reason too, but that interview with the Japanese fellow was really awkward and I felt bad for the Japanese fellow, it's quite hilarious really that Stringer's interviews are as prickly as Nige's have been in the past. Stringer made far too much of a song and dance that he isn't a racist and will only refer to it as the incident, which is fine but he repeated it more than once and kept trying to hammer in the point that he wasn't racist, which just came off as disingenuous.

but in doing so he deliberately implied that Vardy WAS a racist

Just because he doesn't respect Stringer, doesn't mean he wants his job. I don't respect Stringer but I'm not after his job either.

That's the problem though - there is no local alternative or competition for Radio Leicester. In fact the BBC is thrust down everyone's throat. If there was any proper competition I'd never listen to their drivel although I doubt they'd be so dire anyway. 

Archived