Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

2015 PDC World Darts Championship

First Round draw has just been made for one of the best Sporting events of the year.

1)Michael Van Gerwen v Joe Cullen

32)Stuart Kellett v Kim Viljanen/Sascha Stein

16)Terry Jenkins v John Weber

17)Justin Pipe v Lawrence Ryder

8)Dave Chisnall v Ryan De Vreede

25)Paul Nicholson v Benito Van De Pas

9)Robert Thornton v Andrew Gilding

24)Ronnie Baxter v Scott MacKenzie/Daryl Gurney

5)Peter Wright v Gerwyn Price

28)Andy Smith v Ronny Huybrechts

12)Andy Hamilton v Dave Richardson

21)Steve Beaton v Kyle Anderson

4)Gary Anderson v Mark McGrath/Scott Kirchner

29)Jelle Klaasen v Christian Kist

13)Wes Newton v Christian Perez/Cristo Reyes

20)Kevin Painter v Boris Koltsov/Haruki Muramatsu

2)Phi Taylor v Jyhan Artut

31)Mark Webster v Ron Meulenkamp

15)Ian White v Jani Haavisto/John Michael

18)Kim Huybrechts v Mickey Mansell

7)Simon Whitlock v Darren Webster

26)Dean Winstanley v Wayne Jones

10)Mervyn King v Max Hopp

23)Vincent Van Der Voort v John Henderson

6)James Wade v Jamie Lewis

27)Stephen Bunting v Jermaine Wattimena/Robert Marijanovic

11)Brendan Dolan v Nolan Arendse/Alex Hon

22)Michael Smith v Mensur Suljovic

3)Adrian Lewis v Dave Pallett

30)John Part v Keegan Brown

14)Raymond Van Barneveld v Rowby-John Rodriguez

19)Jamie Caven v Jason Hogg

Top half looks fairly easy to call, I'd expect Van Gerwen, Dave Chisnall, Peter Wright & Gary Anderson to advance to the latter stages. Unseeded players Ronny Huybrechts & Christian Kist especially are capable of throwing a spanner into the works.

Bottom half is seriously packed, my word watching the bottom half pan out will be exciting stuff. My money to the win the tournament would be on someone like James Wade in good form, outsider to win definitely Stephen Bunting, but a possible Round 2 clash between the pair could prove to be an epic. Got some decent unseeded players in the bottom half as well, Keegan Brown at the Grand Slam played magnificently, Rowby-John Rodriguez is another one to watch. While players like John Henderson are more than capable. 

Cannot wait  :xmasbiggrin:

Bet you 50p Rodriguez, Brown, and Henderson don't make round 3.

Yeah but did you watch them 3 years ago when they did this that and the other in a completely random tournament?

• 2 weeks later...

anderson and wade would be my picks outside the top two but realistically i'll be amazed if it's not one of taylor or mvg. if i had enough money i'd put a large chunk on both and enjoy either a 50% or 100% profit in two weeks. 

think wade to win his quarter is about 100/30 which is great value imo. probably the toughest of the quarters with lewis, wade and bunting but lewis hasn't been in great form of late and is prone to throwing in a shocker per tournament, and i think wade is best positioned to attack these worlds out of the three.

and albeit a skinnier price, 4/5 for anderson to win his looks generous too, not much going on in his part of the draw and he's had a great year. 

anderson and wade would be my picks outside the top two but realistically i'll be amazed if it's not one of taylor or mvg. if i had enough money i'd put a large chunk on both and enjoy either a 50% or 100% profit in two weeks.

think wade to win his quarter is about 100/30 which is great value imo. probably the toughest of the quarters with lewis, wade and bunting but lewis hasn't been in great form of late and is prone to throwing in a shocker per tournament, and i think wade is best positioned to attack these worlds out of the three.

and albeit a skinnier price, 4/5 for anderson to win his looks generous too, not much going on in his part of the draw and he's had a great year.

I put £1 e/w on Mark Webster at 750/1.

It's like you said though it should be Taylor or MVG, but it's a bit like betting on golf there's some cracking value and quite often you get an also ran or a has been make it a long way.

Think this might actually be a little more wide open than fans suspect. 

Phil Taylor of course favourite, his record though in past years hasn't been great as we all know, Van Gerwen has suffered a couple of televised losses recently, Barney not really showed anything since the Premier League, Adrian Lewis not been his prolific self in televised tournaments, and same goes for Peter Wright solid player, but looked in better form last year.

Depending if they meet in Round 2 which is highly likely, I really wouldn't be surprised if the winner comes from either James Wade or Stephen Bunting. 

Think this might actually be a little more wide open than fans suspect. 

Phil Taylor of course favourite, his record though in past years hasn't been great as we all know, Van Gerwen has suffered a couple of televised losses recently, Barney not really showed anything since the Premier League, Adrian Lewis not been his prolific self in televised tournaments, and same goes for Peter Wright solid player, but looked in better form last year.

Depending if they meet in Round 2 which is highly likely, I really wouldn't be surprised if the winner comes from either James Wade or Stephen Bunting. 

You don't half talk some shit.

He's won the ****ing thing 3 out of the last 6 years. There's only been 5 years in the past 20 when he hasn't.

His record is untouchable. 

I can't see beyond Taylor this year. The longer the format the better he is and I really fancy him to win it.

Outsiders who are in good form are players such as Terry Jenkins, Jamie Caven or Mervyn King who are big prices and could feature late in the tournament.

Can personally see an Anderson v Taylor final with Phil coming out on top. No matter what it will be great tele.

You don't half talk some shit.

He's won the ****ing thing 3 out of the last 6 years. There's only been 5 years in the past 20 when he hasn't.

His record is untouchable. 

But only once in the last four, losing to Webster, Chisnall & Smith.

Of course his record is untouchable, but as shown in recent years his form at the tournament has been very patchy to say the least.

Problem with him is it only takes a few missed doubles early to completely finish him in terms of confidence/checking out.

Problem with him is it only takes a few missed doubles early to completely finish him in terms of confidence/checking out.

yep fair point. I'd say bar taylor and MVG thats a risk you take with anyone you pick though. players like Anderson, barney, wade can all go on runs in a game where they can't hit doubles/trebles for love nor money and you slowly watch your solid bet slip away lol. whitlock's another ive backed in the past and he's done well until one tide turning visit where he'll miss 3 goes at tops etc and it starts crumbling before your eyes.

which is why taylor and MvG are at the top, I guess.

add aidy Lewis to that list too. got the potential to whitewash anyone on the tour until the pressure hits him and its game over before you know it because he's been whitewashed himself after constant scores of 26, 45, 62 etc.

I just can't see past Taylor. The usual suspects will be there or thereabouts. If Anderson could finish i would say he's well in with a shout because he's such a heavy scorer.

Think I'm gonna have abit on Van Gerwin, Coral make me laugh they've just sent me an email saying MVG is 3/1 as if it's an amazing price, it's a pretty average price really, think there's better out there.

Might have a couple of quid on Adrian Lewis too.

I noticed a few people doing multiple bets in the darts during the Premier League, they seemed quite successful aswell I think, what's the craic? Is it simply just picking winners of matches or is there some other kind of bets, I have an interest in the darts but new to darts betting.

there's rarely much value in an acca of results (people who will win like taylor, Lewis, wade etc) as prices are often ranging from 1/10 to 1/100. IF you can pick a shock or call a closer game between two lower ranked players then you can find some tidy prices.

For the earlier rounds things like 180s betting and highest checkout betting is more of an interest to the average punter who isn't going to stake 50k on MvG winning @ 1/25 or whatever.

Archived