Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Drop Ulloa

As much as I don't really think Nugent is good enough for this league, at the start of the season we were playing our 4411 with Nugent behind Ulloa and it worked very well. Since we scrapped that and put Vardy back in the team it's gone to shit. This isn't a criticism of Vardy (although 1 goal this season is hardly great for a guy who never seems to get any stick), but an observation of how well we played in that system and how Ulloa got a goal nearly every game we played him with Nugent in that formation.

I can't believe the player that brought down a long ball towards the end of the game and killed it in an instant was the same one that managed to misplace passes and fail to control the ball so often earlier in the game. 

As much as everyone thinks Liverpool are doggo, their players in the main could all successfully pass and control the ball under pressure, something the majority of our lads seem to lack. The only 2 players I feel comfortable receiving the ball and passing are Cambiasso and Mahrez, the rest it's 50/50 at best.

As much as I don't really think Nugent is good enough for this league, at the start of the season we were playing our 4411 with Nugent behind Ulloa and it worked very well. Since we scrapped that and put Vardy back in the team it's gone to shit. This isn't a criticism of Vardy (although 1 goal this season is hardly great for a guy who never seems to get any stick), but an observation of how well we played in that system and how Ulloa got a goal nearly every game we played him with Nugent in that formation.

True this.

We dropped Nugent cos he really wasn't playing well, but we replaced him with a different type of player and the whole balance of the team has turned to poo.

We definitely need to bench either Ulloa or Vardy to allow us to bring in someone in the Nugent role. What's happened to Powell? It really has to be King as he's the only one we've got who can play in that space. Even Mahrez would be worth a go in there.

I'd drop Vardy as I think he'd be so good from the bench against a tiring defence. Ulloa will score if we can get him some service.

I don't think he should be dropped, but one thing I noticed last night was his terrible judgement of the flight of the ball. Countless times last night a long ball was pumped up to him in space, but he totally lost track of the ball and jumped too early or was a yard or so away from where the ball was. 

We either need to get his eyes tested or turn down them stupidly bright new floodlights.

A lot of our players gave the ball away including Mahrez, several times. Ulloa is one of the players who have the ability to control the ball with several defenders around him. Other players are Cambiasso and Mahrez, can't really think of anyone else in last nights the starting line up. I reckon King, Knocky and Powell may be able to as well

How anyone can pick on Ulloa when you have at least 14 other players to have a go at before him is beyond laughable. Given a decent team around him ( and I'm sure another prem team will pick him up at the end of the season) he will be a good Premiership standard player.

The Nugent/ulloa partnership was just as ineffective, no goals actually came from them combining, but instead through fortune.

e.g.Koscielny concussion meant he was nowhere near Ulloa, the goal at stoke had nothing to do with nuge etc etc etc...

For me, Vardy is a waste at the minute. All he is, thus far, is our premier league version of Hume.

Stick Ulloa as the central striker, get the ball wide and let him attack it. We did it once against liverpool, just after albrighton came on, and we almost scored.

.................................Hamer

.de laet.....wasyl.....................moore....konch

.................james....................cambiasso

...Albrighton............Mahrez..................Schlupp

..................................Ulloa

The Nugent/ulloa partnership was just as ineffective, no goals actually came from them combining, but instead through fortune.

e.g.Koscielny concussion meant he was nowhere near Ulloa, the goal at stoke had nothing to do with nuge etc etc etc...

I agree, I don't know why people think we had an abundance of chances against Arsenal, Stoke, or Everton. We had a couple vs. Arsenal, and were very clinical in the other two while creating little.

There's a lot wrong with our team at the moment, but I don't think Ulloa is one of them. Vardy looked like little boy lost on Tuesday night. His touch has deserted him and he looks low on confidence. I'm his biggest fan but he probably needs dropping before Ulloa does.

Ulloa is excellent in the air as he has proved so far. The problem is that he needs the service to get the goals. Our corners for

instance are really poor and generally don't get past the first man. I would like to see Knockaert given the chance to get some qualitycrosses in. Albrighton seems to need more match practise but he doesn't do the tackling back that Pearson demands and is more of a

luxury player.

For me, Vardy is a waste at the minute. All he is, thus far, is our premier league version of Hume.

Stick Ulloa as the central striker, get the ball wide and let him attack it. We did it once against liverpool, just after albrighton came on, and we almost scored.

.................................Hamer

.de laet.....wasyl.....................moore....konch

.................james....................cambiasso

...Albrighton............Mahrez..................Schlupp

..................................Ulloa

Think you need to watch the goal at Stoke again mate!

Archived