Stevosevic Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 It will be a reserve game - possibly a Tom Lawrence debut to break him in.
Manwell Pablo Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Will be awful, we'll both play shite teams, Pearson has proven he doesn't care about cups at the best of times never mind when we're fighting for our lives, and given their ressies are better than ours we'll be out.
Voll Blau Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Bore draw. Put the kids in. So what tie would've convinced you to play the first team? I'll be going as always. There are probably very few great FA Cup runs that haven't involved one or two 'boring' ties. Anyway, you don't know this will be boring yet. Valid. I love Third Round day no matter who we play. It's a day for the dreamers.
Fox92 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Can't see it being on tv. You've got Wimbledon v Liverpool, Sunderland v Leeds and more recently Hull v Arsenal which were all finals previously. They usually go for something like that to build it all up.
Guest MattP Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I'm so convinced that city won't reach the FA Cup final that I've just booked 2 weeks away in New York flying out the day after QPR, how pissed off would I be if we did get there? You would have to cancel that, you simply couldn't miss an FA Cup Final.
filbertway Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I'd hope the TV games are Dover v Palace Blyth v Birmingham Accrington/Yeovil v Man Utd Wimbledon v Liverpool
melrose Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I think we should concentrate on the cup this year now that the league has gone!
Fox92 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I think we should concentrate on the cup this year now that the league has gone! It should be a priority anyway. I know Nige said the league would be the main priority, but for a club like ourselves we should take both domestic cups seriously especially the FA Cup. Man I'd love to see us in an FA Cup final.
AyewJoking Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Fcuk the league, win the cup. the players are trying their best to **** the league, credit where credits due.
melrose Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 It should be a priority anyway. I know Nige said the league would be the main priority, but for a club like ourselves we should take both domestic cups seriously especially the FA Cup. Man I'd love to see us in an FA Cup final. Totally agree with that In the 70's & 80's the FA Cup was the most exciting thing about the season...when we got knocked out it took ages to pick yourself up after! I wouldn't mind a return of those days when the FA Cup ruled my life after boxing day!
Guest Papasmurf Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Any idea when we're likely to find out what day the game will be played?
Footballwipe Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Likely to be played Sunday now after the TV games announced. Think most FL/non-league games will be on the Sat, PL involved games on the Sun.
Filbert_Ross Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Likely to be played Sunday now after the TV games announced. Think most FL/non-league games will be on the Sat, PL involved games on the Sun. Someone said in this thread that the egg chasers are already at home on the Sunday so Saturday more likely.
Fox92 Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Can't see it being on tv. You've got Wimbledon v Liverpool, Sunderland v Leeds and more recently Hull v Arsenal which were all finals previously. They usually go for something like that to build it all up. Called that right... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30447755 The FA Cup third-round tie between Liverpool and League Two AFC Wimbledon will be screened live on the BBC. The match at Kingsmeadow will take place on Monday, 5 January with kick-off at 19:55 GMT. The BBC will also screen live the tie between Arsenal and Hull City at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, 4 January (kick-off 17:30).
Soar Fox Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Sunday January 4th Dover v Crystal Palace 13.00 Bt sport Accrington Stanley/Yeovil v Man Utd 15.30 Bt sport Arsenal v Hull 17.30 BBC1 Monday January 5th Afc Wimbledon v Liverpool 19.55 BBC1 Tuesday January 6th Everton v West Ham 19.45 Bt Sport. They could have chose better games than the Arsenal & Everton games. They are the kind of games everybody watches every week on sky. Would rather have watched WBA v Gateshead & Blyth v Birmingham.
RonnieTodger Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Whose idea was it to put Everton v West Ham on ffs. A half-full Goodison Park will hardly be "magic of the cup"
Corky Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Unless it's a genuinely interesting all Premier League clash such as the Merseyside derby, the North London Derby, Man United v Liverpool which have all happened in the last five years then yes, I can understand the choice. Arsenal v Hull is not remotely appealing, I know it was last year's final but it's two clubs underachieving in the league right now and I'm sure Bruce isn't that bothered this season. We had Villa v Man United several times in the past too. It's a shame that both Chelsea and Man City are at home, had they been away I think they might've been chosen. Blyth v Birmingham could be a cracker. I love the way they build up this competition as the best, David v Goliath, plenty of shocks, Ronnie Radford and Sutton, then half the output is matches between sides in the same division (and not even the best sides).
Dan Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Whose idea was it to put Everton v West Ham on ffs. A half-full Goodison Park will hardly be "magic of the cup" On a Tuesday to boot. Are they actually for real so a replay if they draw (which I'd say is quite likely) will be seven days after the original game. It's a disgrace that Blyth avoided TV. Utter joke.
RonnieTodger Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 On a Tuesday to boot. Are they actually for real so a replay if they draw (which I'd say is quite likely) will be seven days after the original game. It's a disgrace that Blyth avoided TV. Utter joke. christ, I didn't even notice it was a Tuesday.
Soar Fox Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Whose idea was it to put Everton v West Ham on ffs. A half-full Goodison Park will hardly be "magic of the cup" To me the magic of the cup would be Blyth Spartans v Birmingham City live on the bbc on a Sunday afternoon. A chance of a genuine cup upset from a team in the Evo stick league v a championship team. Instead we've got 2 premiership teams one who will put out a half strength team. The sort of game we get every week on 'super Sunday'
ClaybrookeFox Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 Everybody knows the BBC couldn't care less about real ties, they only care about the 'big 6' as I call them, same with Sky!
MattGamble92 Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 How the **** has Blyth vs Birmingham been overlooked for Everton vs west ham? I know its understandbale theyve been picked this time but Haven't Man United had something like they're last 50 fa cup games on tv?
davieG Posted 12 December 2014 Posted 12 December 2014 It's the only chance the BBC get to show 2 pl teams playing each other
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.