Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Andalsnes . Tromso.  Alta and stavanger  .

Husky sleigh ride, ice bar and couple of other excursions booked 

Tromso is a cool city, enjoyed my time there.

Are you steering the husky sleds or just sitting chilling out? I’ve done both, when I was controlling them it was absolute carnage. The bastards were that fast that I had the foot break down for pretty much the entire trip. At one point I thought I was heading towards a tree, put all of my weight on the wrong foot and toppled the sled falling in about 4 foot of snow lol best excursion I’ve ever done on a holiday though.

Edited by Costock_Fox

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tromso is a cool city, enjoyed my time there.

Are you steering the husky sleds or just sitting chilling out? I’ve done both, when I was controlling them it was absolute carnage. The bastards were that fast that I had the foot break down for pretty much the entire trip. At one point I thought I was heading towards a tree, put all of my weight on the wrong foot and toppled the sled falling in about 4 foot of snow lol best excursion I’ve ever done on a holiday though.

Just sitting and chilling I bloody hope, don't want any physical effort ?

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The one with 2000 beers in? Yeah, it will be the only sight I see in Brussels other than the gutter.

Yeah it’s a class bar the beers on tap are mad, me and my mates were just trying to get through as many as we could. That was an eventful night. 

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah it’s a class bar the beers on tap are mad, me and my mates were just trying to get through as many as we could. That was an eventful night. 

Haha I bet, sound plan though. I’ve heard Brussels hasn’t really got much else so a day in the pub is fine.

8 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Has anyone been to a Sandals resort and have any feedback, either good or bad? 

Went to sandals Antigua in 2010 for my honeymoon. Food was fantastic, beach was awesome, staff were really easy going. We did have an issue with our toilet overflowing but i guess that can happen anywhere given the right circumstances. They came to clean it up promptly.

Would  i go back? Yes. Can i? No, got kids now lol

Having said that, i am more of the type to see something different. Id go to a different island like st lucia etc.

There are many adults only resorts. Id pick and island or two and then decide between sandals vs other luxury 5 star balling resorts.

Im actually debating on which resort to hit in jamaica with the wife and kids. Possibly Royalton Negril or another resort in montego bay area. There are way to many option and too many reviews to read.

• Thanks 1

2 years on from Seville away in the CL, a great trip, but was only in the City for 24 hours & didn't get to see the place properly, I've booked a return visit with Mrs boots for next month.

4 nights in Seville, taking in Betis v Barcelona & 3 nights in Cadiz. Nice bit of sunshine with a bit of luck.

Means missing Burnley away though :(

3 hours ago, boots60 said:

2 years on from Seville away in the CL, a great trip, but was only in the City for 24 hours & didn't get to see the place properly, I've booked a return visit with Mrs boots for next month.

4 nights in Seville, taking in Betis v Barcelona & 3 nights in Cadiz. Nice bit of sunshine with a bit of luck.

I’m tempted to go back at the end of next month.

5 hours ago, boots60 said:

Love the place. Go every year. Betis have just expanded their stadium so it should look very impressive now. 

Let me know if you want any tips. Cadiz is nice too but I haven't been for years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Heading to Thomas Cook today to look into a holiday to Cuba in October 2020. Anybody been to Cuba? Is it worth the money?

I went to Mexico last year and although it was a great holiday I was disappointed with the lack of Mexican food in the hotel. I even went out to a local Mexican restaurant and it wasn't great, was ok but when you go to the country you expect the local delicacies to be top notch and it just wasn't.

Is a trip to Havana worth it? Is it even safe for the kids or is it a place to just stay in the hotel?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Heading to Thomas Cook today to look into a holiday to Cuba in October 2020. Anybody been to Cuba? Is it worth the money?

I went to Mexico last year and although it was a great holiday I was disappointed with the lack of Mexican food in the hotel. I even went out to a local Mexican restaurant and it wasn't great, was ok but when you go to the country you expect the local delicacies to be top notch and it just wasn't.

Is a trip to Havana worth it? Is it even safe for the kids or is it a place to just stay in the hotel?

Thanks

First, let me say that this info is 25 years old, so things may have changed.

Cuba is pretty safe as regards violent crime but, like in any impoverished country, you need to be wary of scams, pickpockets and opportunist thieves (ie. don't put your camera down on the table when eating, don't take valuables to the beach if you intend going into the water, don't walk down side streets late at night, try not to look like a typical tourist - common sense stuff really); avoid discussing politics with the locals - not all policemen wear uniforms; be very wary of what you photograph - photographing airports, military installations, police stations etc will all get you into serious trouble (even if they are in the background of a selfie); do not under any circumstances be tempted to buy drugs (a no-brainer, but you will be offered them).

In my experience, Cuban people are really pleasant and welcoming, especially in the countryside, and I would say it's probably safer than most Third World countries if you use a bit of common sense.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

First, let me say that this info is 25 years old, so things may have changed.

Cuba is pretty safe as regards violent crime but, like in any impoverished country, you need to be wary of scams, pickpockets and opportunist thieves (ie. don't put your camera down on the table when eating, don't take valuables to the beach if you intend going into the water, don't walk down side streets late at night, try not to look like a typical tourist - common sense stuff really); avoid discussing politics with the locals - not all policemen wear uniforms; be very wary of what you photograph - photographing airports, military installations, police stations etc will all get you into serious trouble (even if they are in the background of a selfie); do not under any circumstances be tempted to buy drugs (a no-brainer, but you will be offered them).

In my experience, Cuban people are really pleasant and welcoming, especially in the countryside, and I would say it's probably safer than most Third World countries if you use a bit of common sense.

That’s a bit boring.