Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 12/03/2019 at 12:01, Samilktray said:

Just booked to go Krakow in the summer and I’m now looking at another city break for September that’s guaranteed some sun and interesting things to see 

Went to Lisbon recently.  Would recommend it.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2019 at 12:01, Samilktray said:

Just booked to go Krakow in the summer and I’m now looking at another city break for September that’s guaranteed some sun and interesting things to see 

As said, Barcelona is amazing if you haven't been. Loads to see and the weather is lovely. Also would mention Porto, Budapest or Rome. All fantastic.

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Is anyone else saving some holidays just in case there is some European football early next season. Missus wants to book somewhere but I'm using some delaying tactics lol

Haha yes. I have 5 days leave left that are being saved for getting stabbed in Albania.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Is anyone else saving some holidays just in case there is some European football early next season. Missus wants to book somewhere but I'm using some delaying tactics lol

49 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha yes. I have 5 days leave left that are being saved for getting stabbed in Albania.

Tell your respective other halves you've booked a romantic break to the magical west of Scotland...when we draw Kilmarnock.

On 09/04/2019 at 16:28, rachhere said:

Well done for taking the plunge! I travel a fair bit for work and always try and make the most of it by adding a few (solo) days on at the end. If you like reading, my top tip would be to have a good book with you. I never head out without my kindle. Obviously I am not completely antisocial, but when you are at restaurants and things it can stop you feeling less self conscious. 

Thanks for your advice, read a bit of my. Book eating some delicious tapas. Just took my 2 hours of walking to force myself to sit in a restaurant! 

But apart from that, it's going well. Faro is very small, did a couple of museums and walked around the town, but apart from that not much else to do once you've seen it. 

Found a decent bar showing Leicester, met a few Newcastle women who were brilliant. Really gave an insight into Newcastle and Mike Ashley. 

Met a few decent people tbh, i learnt the basic language before travelling and it's a great ice breaker going into places. Staff love it! 

14 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Thanks for your advice, read a bit of my. Book eating some delicious tapas. Just took my 2 hours of walking to force myself to sit in a restaurant! 

But apart from that, it's going well. Faro is very small, did a couple of museums and walked around the town, but apart from that not much else to do once you've seen it. 

Found a decent bar showing Leicester, met a few Newcastle women who were brilliant. Really gave an insight into Newcastle and Mike Ashley. 

Met a few decent people tbh, i learnt the basic language before travelling and it's a great ice breaker going into places. Staff love it! 

Nandos Paulo Sousa?

52 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Going to Dortmund for 3 nights next weekend. Has anyone been?

We're going for the football, but I've heard that there's not much else to do so we're thinking of getting the train to Dusseldorf or Cologne for the day as well.

Yeah Dortmund the city itself is a proper dump. In the Ruhr Bochum is the centre point for nightlife, hop on a train it's only 10 minutes.

Both Cologne and Dusseldorf as big cities have lots going on. Are you doing any other games whilst over there?

The football museum in Dortmund is well worth doing.

Edited by baker11

On 12/04/2019 at 10:46, Nalis said:

Thanks @BKLFox, sound advice. As I'm Irish, I'll definitely not be joining in with the Welsh atmosphere either but I will absorb it no doubt!

When Ireland and Scotland rock up in Cardiff its not "The Welsh" atmosphere, its OUR (as in you too) atmosphere. 

Learn Calon Lan* and Bread of Heaven because I promise you, most of Cardiff knows the Fields of Athenry and we WILL sing it with you. ESPECIALLY before / after the game, if not during. 

I went to the Scotland game in the autumn and my group were sat in the pub with a bagpiper (seriously, middle of Spoons) afterwards and he was alternating between playing Welsh and Scottish songs and we were all singing together as one big group. 

You're very much our cousins, our family and you'll be treated as such if you're not a dick. 

Honestly, Cardiff on a match day is some of the best pub atmosphere you'll ever soak up, especially if the weather is nice. I can't recommend a hotel, sorry, I've always just stayed with family or friends but almost all pubs and restaurants are going to be absolutely heaving so just get on it early and embrace the company more than looking for the best food or beer tbh. 

* first verse and the chorus, you will get MASSIVE Rugby Friend(!) points. If Stuart Hogg can anyone can:

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I've eaten and drank absolute shite for the past week, good job I'm off on an all inclusive holiday to Egypt :cool:

Yep - those warm buffets are guaranteed to clear your tubes for you      :thumbup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Going to Dortmund for 3 nights next weekend. Has anyone been?

We're going for the football, but I've heard that there's not much else to do so we're thinking of getting the train to Dusseldorf or Cologne for the day as well.

Other than the German Football Museum, get on that train. There's a few squares with bars what can entertain you on match day but otherwise it's pants. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

Travelling to Hamburg for a week in July!

any tips for restaurants, bars, places to see?

cheers!

Do a river cruise. All I wanted to do was get pissed but doing that hour or so of culture was great. Plus you can booze on the boats as they all flog bottles.

Some of the dive bars/pubs in St.Pauli are great. 

• Like 1