Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Just booked a 5 day trip to Krakow, late July. Stopping in The Old Town. Looks like a lovely City. Will have to go to Auschwitz-Birkenau. Any advice from previous experiences ? 

The Vodka bar just around the corner from the main square, outstanding.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Just booked a 5 day trip to Krakow, late July. Stopping in The Old Town. Looks like a lovely City. Will have to go to Auschwitz-Birkenau. Any advice from previous experiences ? 

Outstanding place (Krakow I mean, not Auschwitz) Just potter about drinking and eating regularly and you'll not go far wrong. The Jewish quarter at night is superb for a change of scene from the main square.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Outstanding place (Krakow I mean, not Auschwitz) Just potter about drinking and eating regularly and you'll not go far wrong. The Jewish quarter at night is superb for a change of scene from the main square.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. 

20 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Salt mine  Wieliczka. with its St.Kinga chapel,deep into this labrynth of grottos... Half day trip...quite beautifull!!

If there is a concert..also the better...tour can be booked at tourist office,and some hotels...

Plus Tyskie Brewery tour...

or Though the the town,one can do Walking brewery tours,with history-information,and a few tasty samples!!

Oops nearly forgot..if you have some pennies...no bus but by organised chauffeured car...

I actually did this a few years ago..when it was cheaper...then afterwardsI stayed there,doing some hikes!!

• Two hours drive along the most picturesque route in Poland that runs from Krakow towards the southern border with Slovakia
  • Stopover at the historical wooden church in Dębno – the church was entered on the UNESCO List and it is a perfect example of a traditional highlander style
  • Boarding the raft in Sromowce
  • Rafting the route of 23 km down the Dunajec River (it is a leisure, not a whitewater experience!)
  • Boat led by experienced raftsmen, so you will raft absolutely safely
  • Views of cliffs, trees and mountain animals
  • Great style dining at the traditional restaurant serving typical Highlander’s food (price of a dinner not included)
  • Visiting the most interesting sites in Zakopane
  • Funicular up to Gubalowka Mount from Zakopane (alternatively a ski lift working all year)
  • Breathtaking view of the Tatra Mountains from the top of Gubalowka
  • Free time for shopping at the traditional Highlander’s market
  • Krupowki – the finest street in Zakopane
  • Return to the hotel around 7 pm

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. 

I went in November a few years ago and got a great Air BnB in the Jewish district for about £25 a night.

As Ric said, food and drink is cracking and dirt cheap over there. I had a great time, Can also recommend the salt mines at above.

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I went in November a few years ago and got a great Air BnB in the Jewish district for about £25 a night.

As Ric said, food and drink is cracking and dirt cheap over there. I had a great time, Can also recommend the salt mines at above.

Thanks for that. It seems most people go there more than once ! I'm only going for 5 days, so will more than likely head back. Lots to do and see it seems. 

17 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Thanks for that. It seems most people go there more than once ! I'm only going for 5 days, so will more than likely head back. Lots to do and see it seems. 

Yeah, been 3 times now and still not bored of it. How can you be bored of 75 pence lager that blasts your nut off and fillet steak for about 8 quid. Although the last time I went was a stopover on the way to Sandomierz for a friends wedding and the car journey there and back was horrifying due to two of the worst hangovers I've ever had, so you take the rough with the smooth. lol

27 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Back from nearly 3 weeks in California. Did the drive north from San Diego to San Francisco, through L.A. etc.

Had a fantastic time and would recommend it to anyone. The cities, beach towns and scenery are spectacular. 

Would love to do this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Back from nearly 3 weeks in California. Did the drive north from San Diego to San Francisco, through L.A. etc.

Had a fantastic time and would recommend it to anyone. The cities, beach towns and scenery are spectacular. 

What was your favourite part?

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Any reccommendations for Montenegro for a week?

Ideally looking at spending half my time being a tourist/exploring and half my time chilling by the coast.

The interior is quite ruggedly beautiful. There are some beautiful Orthodox monasteries in the mountains too if that's your bag. Ulcinj is quite an interesting city down the coast with Albanian influences. Cetinje is the old capital. 

Edited by bovril
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Really hard to choose just one. The drive up the Big Sur was amazing, but just seeing all the tourist spots too!

I'd never been outside of Europe, so it was a really cool experience. Gutted to be back in Leicester lol 

I know what you mean!

For me it was probably sat overlooking the Golden Gate bridge across the SFO bay.

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Memories to last a lifetime :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

On 28/01/2019 at 21:54, STEVIE B said:

For 5 days you'll see every nook and cranny. I went for an overnight trip from Warsaw. Day trip to Auschwitz and the salt mines, went out in the old town and Jewish quarter in the evening, then that's it. Nothing to do the next day apart from eat and drink again. I don't think the place is much bigger than Leicester.

On 29/01/2019 at 18:38, fuchsntf said:

Salt mine  Wieliczka. with its St.Kinga chapel,deep into this labrynth of grottos... Half day trip...quite beautifull!!

If there is a concert..also the better...tour can be booked at tourist office,and some hotels...

Plus Tyskie Brewery tour...

or Though the the town,one can do Walking brewery tours,with history-information,and a few tasty samples!!

Oops nearly forgot..if you have some pennies...no bus but by organised chauffeured car...

I actually did this a few years ago..when it was cheaper...then afterwardsI stayed there,doing some hikes!!

• Two hours drive along the most picturesque route in Poland that runs from Krakow towards the southern border with Slovakia
  • Stopover at the historical wooden church in Dębno – the church was entered on the UNESCO List and it is a perfect example of a traditional highlander style
  • Boarding the raft in Sromowce
  • Rafting the route of 23 km down the Dunajec River (it is a leisure, not a whitewater experience!)
  • Boat led by experienced raftsmen, so you will raft absolutely safely
  • Views of cliffs, trees and mountain animals
  • Great style dining at the traditional restaurant serving typical Highlander’s food (price of a dinner not included)
  • Visiting the most interesting sites in Zakopane
  • Funicular up to Gubalowka Mount from Zakopane (alternatively a ski lift working all year)
  • Breathtaking view of the Tatra Mountains from the top of Gubalowka
  • Free time for shopping at the traditional Highlander’s market
  • Krupowki – the finest street in Zakopane
  • Return to the hotel around 7 pm

This sounds nice.