Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 16/01/2019 at 10:38, Lcfc_lass10 said:

I've done some research online and its looking to be either Krakow or Amsterdam. Just a bit worried that there won't be enough to do in Krakow, obviously try out the local bars and restaurants but thinking more for the daytime. Hear Krakow is cheap as well though! 

Krakow is class, and very cheap.

Id really recommend it. Not 4 days worth of things to do in the city but plenty of short day trips near by.

• Like 1

Had to cancel my Cape Town trip as the other half can’t fly for 6 weeks after an op (very selfish) so I’m now looking for suggestions for a chilled out week somewhere I can either drive or get a train to.

Really like the idea of booking a cabin somewhere in Scandinavia or a spa type hotel somewhere. Any suggestions welcome, divorce is my last option.

Edited by Costock_Fox

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:37, Voll Blau said:

Copenhagen next month.  Going to make sure we take a train over the bridge to Malmo for an afternoon too.

Any suggestions? Went with City, but didn't really have time to take in anything in that wasn't booze/football-related while over there.

Went there the following year after we went with Leicester in the CL. Fantastic place.

Would personally recommend:

Warpigs is a must (if you like meat)

A nice walk to the Little Mermaid

Tivoli Gardens is good for some mulled wine etc

We also did a boat tour which went under all of the bridges

Ristorante Italiano is really good if you like Italian food

McJoy's Choice is a goof for live music

Had a good meal at Nyhavn 17 as well

Pubs wise would recommend:

Southern Cross Pub

Mikkeller Bar

Jernbanecafeen

Victoria Pub

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LutterworthLCFC said:

Recently booked two weeks in America in October on a tour doing L.A. Vegas and San Fran, including Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park, and a section of Route 66.

Yosemite was the surprise highlight of my west coast trip, i just loved it, are you staying in the park?

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I will finish my masters in September and would like to go somewhere different and far afield for 1-2 weeks. Any recommendations?

Different as in iceland,  an all inclusive sex club?or how about sonething more reasonable like Goa in india and maybe mumbai. Sample local cuisines.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LutterworthLCFC said:

Recently booked two weeks in America in October on a tour doing L.A. Vegas and San Fran, including Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park, and a section of Route 66.

I went two years ago with my wife, and we absolutely loved the Grand Canyon. If you can, spend at least one day on one of the trails that lead down into the canyon. Simply standing at the top (on the rim) does not do it justice. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

I will finish my masters in September and would like to go somewhere different and far afield for 1-2 weeks. Any recommendations?

Depends what you like doing and class as different I guess.

Places I have been that match that to me are Cambodia and South Africa, I would recommend both. If just a week Cape Town is great as the time difference is two hours.

• Like 1

so the airline has moved my return flight to the next day, meaning I cant make my connecting flight (now 10 hours before i arrive).

Scumbag airline is refusing to offer anything other than cancelling the changed flight... which leaves me with no other option as they are the only people that fly out of there.. GAHHHHHHHHH!

Looking for a cheap, sunny, poolside type break in June. Emphasis on the cheap haha! 

Also do most people book everything separately or do they get it done in a package? Looking at it and it seems loads cheaper to just do it all yourself. 

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

@ousefox...... So did you like your trip??   How was the Felsengaenge??

Great thanks. Really enjoyable city to visit - even in sub-zero temperatures! Spent the first day in the city visiting everything we could.

Thanks for your recommendation. We really enjoyed our tour - the guide was fantastic too.

We went to the Nazi rally grounds afterwards which was fascinating. They seem to have let a lot of it go into disrepair - unsurprisingly I know but it is history that needs to be remembered. I went on the podium where Hitler stood in the Zeppelinfeld which was a really strange experience.

Definitely worth a weekend trip. In Gran Canaria now so only about 25 degrees warmer!

1 hour ago, Ozwin said:

Looking for a cheap, sunny, poolside type break in June. Emphasis on the cheap haha! 

Also do most people book everything separately or do they get it done in a package? Looking at it and it seems loads cheaper to just do it all yourself. 

I haven't done a package in over 10 years now and they were just family hols. 

Get on Skyscanner - you can even select to go anywhere and it'll come up with the cheapest places. 

Then book accommodation on booking.com, Expedia of Airbnb.

38 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Great thanks. Really enjoyable city to visit - even in sub-zero temperatures! Spent the first day in the city visiting everything we could.

Thanks for your recommendation. We really enjoyed our tour - the guide was fantastic too.

We went to the Nazi rally grounds afterwards which was fascinating. They seem to have let a lot of it go into disrepair - unsurprisingly I know but it is history that needs to be remembered. I went on the podium where Hitler stood in the Zeppelinfeld which was a really strange experience.

Definitely worth a weekend trip. In Gran Canaria now so only about 25 degrees warmer!

I could think of a thousand sarcastic quips....and envious remarks....but I will leave the canary in the cage!!!

• Haha 1