Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

Anyone tried Dip N Flip in Clapham? It's burgers served with gravy. I've been three times now, first two it was pretty good, the third time they served us putrid burgers with cold gravy. Never been back.

917184_1657412064483223_1175186266_n.jpg

Yeah, immense. They've opened one in Wimbledon now as well.

• 2 months later...

Grillstock in Leicester... Anyone been?

I've been. It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. IT was fairly pricey and for a place like that you would expect the meat to fall of the bones when in reality it was pretty tough. It wasn't any kind of man v food moist mouth watering meat. Flavour and seasoning wasnt too bad but didnt think it was worth the money. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2015 at 07:38, Babylon said:

There is a five guys opening in what I think was the old Santander building over the road from hmv!

I assume it would be the same, but im glad i dont live too close to a five guys over here - great burgers and nice fries too - they use peanut oil to fry them in..

Pricey though...

On 8/17/2015 at 18:18, Christoph said:

I've been. It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. IT was fairly pricey and for a place like that you would expect the meat to fall of the bones when in reality it was pretty tough. It wasn't any kind of man v food moist mouth watering meat. Flavour and seasoning wasnt too bad but didnt think it was worth the money. 

Not trying to be a boblet but you want a burger where the meat falls off the bones?

:blink:

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

I assume it would be the same, but im glad i dont live too close to a five guys over here - great burgers and nice fries too - they use peanut oil to fry them in..

Pricey though...

Not tried it... for a fast food place the prices are more than a bloody restaurant!

Just now, Babylon said:

Not tried it... for a fast food place the prices are more than a bloody restaurant!

At least the ones over here, i wouldnt quite call them fast food - all burgers are made to order and there can be quite a long wait. Casual dining, maybe as you just pick a table and wait..

54 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

What do we make of Byron Burger? Me and the girlfriend absolutely love the B-Rex Burger. It's amazeballs.

Comfortably the best chain burger restaurant. Certainly the best we have in Leicester.

Have temporarily stopped serving medium rare which is a shitter but they're getting new grills soon to remedy that apparently. Some stupid health and safety rule or other.

The burgers at burger and lobster are brilliant.

You get in there and think that there's no way you can justify £20 on a burger when the other option is a lobster but they are absolutely incredible.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Comfortably the best chain burger restaurant. Certainly the best we have in Leicester.

Have temporarily stopped serving medium rare which is a shitter but they're getting new grills soon to remedy that apparently. Some stupid health and safety rule or other.

Really? Been in a few times the last few weeks and they always make mention that all their burgers are medium rare.

Archived