Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

10 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Still yet to find anywhere that does better burgers than Byron Burger. Their nachos are immense too. Just wish they did some sort of loyalty card because I'm always bloody there!

I've not been to Byron but I'm struggling to imagine having a nicer burger than what I've had at Crafty Burger

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Still yet to find anywhere that does better burgers than Byron Burger. Their nachos are immense too. Just wish they did some sort of loyalty card because I'm always bloody there!

They were nice, but it tasted a bit macdonalds, if you know what I mean. 

Grey Lady has really upped it's game. Very impressed with their lunch time offerings, semi fine dining at reasonable prices. Worth a visit - I say this as a bit of a cook with family in the trade. 

Best place around Bradgate Park area imo. Enjoyed it more than Sapori, which I have to say is also excellent. 

9 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've not been to Byron but I'm struggling to imagine having a nicer burger than what I've had at Crafty Burger

Never been to crafty buy just had a look at the menu and looks ace. How are you supposed to pick those bad boys up though, looks like half the ingredients will slosh down your arm!

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

Never been to crafty buy just had a look at the menu and looks ace. How are you supposed to pick those bad boys up though, looks like half the ingredients will slosh down your arm!

Oh, it's great, it really is. Discovered it by chance once when they could fit us in when our first choice couldn't.

It's only on a few nights a week (well it was anyway). It's a delicatessen by day, I believe, which would explain the quality of the ingredients

8 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Grey Lady has really upped it's game. Very impressed with their lunch time offerings, semi fine dining at reasonable prices. Worth a visit - I say this as a bit of a cook with family in the trade. 

Best place around Bradgate Park area imo. Enjoyed it more than Sapori, which I have to say is also excellent. 

Sounds like it has improved which is good.

Everyone I know rates it but I went about 18 months back and was a bit disappointed.

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I went to the Grey lady on New Year’s Eve for breakfast. 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 2 eggs, 1 plum tomato and a handful of mushrooms. £7.95

It was ok’ish but I’ve had better breakfast’s at the co-op in Glenfield for half the price. 

Went to the Kayal last night ...  different and quite good ...    if like me the menu gets a bit confusing I just say what I like and leave them to it ...   the squid for a starter was superb and my chicken pepper curry with coconut rice was very tasty but ever so slightly too peppery ....    all in all though a good night.    And a pint of Kingfisher is a pint of Kingfisher ! ...   :thumbup:

On 1/4/2018 at 18:24, baker11 said:

I see that Leicester is getting a 'ZAP' Thai restaurant. Recently went to the Leeds one and it was really good.

Yeah, and its going to be massive in what it offers and the size of the place (or the area that they are able to use). Just up the high street from Pho

Zaap, without me being a smart arse...well too much

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Went to the Kayal last night ...  different and quite good ...    if like me the menu gets a bit confusing I just say what I like and leave them to it ...   the squid for a starter was superb and my chicken pepper curry with coconut rice was very tasty but ever so slightly too peppery ....    all in all though a good night.    And a pint of Kingfisher is a pint of Kingfisher ! ...   :thumbup:

Yeah Kayal is really good.

6 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I went to the Grey lady on New Year’s Eve for breakfast. 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 2 eggs, 1 plum tomato and a handful of mushrooms. £7.95

It was ok’ish but I’ve had better breakfast’s at the co-op in Glenfield for half the price. 

That is a bit steep. I hadn't been for ten years as the place was poorly managed and a bit unloved in those days, but thought I'd give it another go. 

Had pate starter for lunch and a decent bit of gammon, two courses for £15, which didn't think was too bad. All nicely cooked and good service. 

20 hours ago, Ozwin said:

So you've not been to Crafty?

Went to Oscar and Rosie's (I think) by the market before the game the other day, decent pizzas but why do all hipster gaffs look the same?

Edited by Wookie

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Kayal is very good, really enjoyed my visits there.

23 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Has anyone been to Johns House?

Just casually dropping it in there, nice haha. I still need to try this place, a friend went recently and it looks stunning.

If you really want to impress her take her to Sat Bains, I needed to sell a limb to pay for it but incredible meal and wine pairing.

52 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just casually dropping it in there, nice haha. I still need to try this place, a friend went recently and it looks stunning.

If you really want to impress her take her to Sat Bains, I needed to sell a limb to pay for it but incredible meal and wine pairing.

Yeah sat bains has been on my list for a while. If you ever want to go a bit further the wilderness in Birmingham is the best meal I’ve ever had. Johns house seems pretty good value tbf.

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah sat bains has been on my list for a while. If you ever want to go a bit further the wilderness in Birmingham is the best meal I’ve ever had. Johns house seems pretty good value tbf.

Yeah JH isn’t too bad at all for that standard of food. Cool, will have a look at The Wilderness. Strangely I rarely venture out to Brum and not sure why.

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Is Middletons in town any good?

I went just after it opened, over a year ago now and it was alright, you'll leave full and it's reasonably priced, steady quality food. Miller & Carter-ish but not quite as good. The building is massive inside.

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

Went to Oscar and Rosie's (I think) by the market before the game the other day, decent pizzas but why do all hipster gaffs look the same?

Decent? That Barcelona Sausage Party is the absolute bollocks