Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

6 hours ago, Simi said:

Went to The Old Bulls Head a couple of weeks ago at Woodhouse Eaves. Lovely place but was a little disappointed with the food and service. Wine was great when the waitress finally bought the correct bottle over. 

Have to agree,went for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago.Food way overpriced 

for the quality they're serving and it was very noisy.(no not the food)

The Royal Redgate near Hinckley is good for a steak, Tuesday night is steak night, 2 rumps and a bottle of decent organic wine for £28. It's worth the drive, beautiful locally sourced meat, cooked well and good service. Beats Miller and Carter hands down, and half the price. 

Live in Burbage so I generally go out to eat around that area. In terms of a Curry go to 7H Spices in Hinckley, its a bit like Kayal but better and a lot cheaper.

In terms of a good pub you can't go wrong with the Sycamores, try restaurant 26 upstairs, there are only about 8 tables but the food is brilliant and you'll need to book. They have a separate Annex up a few steps which is a room very nicely decorated with table and chairs to seat 8-10 people, basically private dining. We booked it for my wife's 30h and it was a great night, couldn't believe at no extra cost either. You effectively have your own waiting staff and its very private. Food is well priced for what you get

http://restaurant26.co.uk/index.html

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Mithaas is outstanding if you are into vegetarian Indian food.

I'm not a veggie (my wife is though) and we love it there. I definitely don't feel like I am missing any meat in the curries. The crispy aubergines are awesome!

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

Mithaas is outstanding if you are into vegetarian Indian food.

Went there last year as a group of 8, literally the only people in there and the food took just short of 2 hours to arrive. I'd hope it is better now but not been back since. They did give us 10% discount though.

11 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Went there last year as a group of 8, literally the only people in there and the food took just short of 2 hours to arrive. I'd hope it is better now but not been back since. They did give us 10% discount though.

Shame you had a bad experience.

I'm sure it won best Vegetarian restaurant at Leicester Curry awards last year.

8 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Shame you had a bad experience.

I'm sure it won best Vegetarian restaurant at Leicester Curry awards last year.

The food was very very good, was just the wait with no explanation that annoyed us. Would probably try I'd again with less people.

Sure I've seen it mentioned here before but Little Tokyo on Braunstone Gate is bloody good.

• 2 weeks later...

Out in leicester on Thursday night with a couple of lads i work with for the comedy festival. Where is decent to go and eat we dont want anything special just a decent burger or something? One of them is a massive gooner so needs to be somewhere that will have their game on. Whats the locker room like for food? Is there any sports bars / pubs that will have BT on but also alright to eat at?

Been so long since i have been out in Leicester i have no idea these days!  

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Out in leicester on Thursday night with a couple of lads i work with for the comedy festival. Where is decent to go and eat we dont want anything special just a decent burger or something? One of them is a massive gooner so needs to be somewhere that will have their game on. Whats the locker room like for food? Is there any sports bars / pubs that will have BT on but also alright to eat at?

I’d just go to the soar point pretty standard food but loads of tvs with the games on 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Slug and Lettuce now the distillery, you have the Walkabout as well next to the lockeroom. Safe bet around there as you have three you can choose from if one of them is a bit shit. Book a booth at the Distillery or the Lockerroom and you can have a table with your own tv.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone go to Indigos at the top of Melton RD? Also does fantastic vegetarian food although guaranteed to be treated as a second class citizen if you are white lol.

The food there is nice and varied, but the decor etc looks tired.

Shame the building where Charlie Chalks used to be (in Thurmaston) has been boarded up for about 5 years.

Would've thought the location would appeal to any restaurant etc buyer.

25692878044_1fba48db24_b.jpg

Edited by Wymeswold fox

54 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Shame the building where Charlie Chalks used to be (in Thurmaston) has been boarded up for about 5 years.

Oh yeah it’s a right shit pit inside.

Paprika used to be pretty decent as well but pretty Indigos.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I used to live a stones throw from there when it was The Range. that used to be one of the busiest pubs in the midlands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Did that used to be called The Watermead years ago? 

8 minutes ago, boots60 said:

For a year or two in the late 80's it was also a decent snooker club. The qualifiers for the UK open were held there. 

Yes I remember, I used to be a regular in there during the 80s. It was a squash club before that.