Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Got some friends down from up north this weekend and they want to go for a Sunday roast in town before there train home. Anyone know of any good places in the city centre as out of town isn't an option 

The Font used to do a banging one. Not sure if the new management still do food there.

Right guys I had booked to take the mrs to the churchhill arms in paxford next week, which is meant to be a top top place. On the cusp of a star I think. Anyway they had a fire so we can't stay over, so we are going to leave that till next year.

So I need an alternative in Leicestershire. What is the best restaurant around? I live in ashby but will travel 40mins. Considering North bar and kitchen in Leicester, has anyone been? I have been to places like the windmill inn and tbf that is a possibility, but I fancied trying something a bit different.

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Right guys I had booked to take the mrs to the churchhill arms in paxford next week, which is meant to be a top top place. On the cusp of a star I think. Anyway they had a fire so we can't stay over, so we are going to leave that till next year.

So I need an alternative in Leicestershire. What is the best restaurant around? I live in ashby but will travel 40mins. Considering North bar and kitchen in Leicester, has anyone been? I have been to places like the windmill inn and tbf that is a possibility, but I fancied trying something a bit different.

Have you tried johns house, top notch mate.

www.johnshouse.co.uk

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

North Bar is lovely, great food and smashing cocktails. 

Only downside is the manager is a bit weird.

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

North is ok to good, they do try hard to be that bit better, Johns can have a waiting list to book on popular days.

Personally think you can't go wrong at Sapori Anstey, if you are looking for fine dining at reasonable prices. They do a Sunday roast as well, but their style. Andrea the owner / chef is reckoned to be one of the best chefs around, I think he has won national awards.

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Have you tried johns house, top notch mate.

www.johnshouse.co.uk

Yeah had a look but doubt we will get in for next Saturday night. Will go one day though.

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

North Bar is lovely, great food and smashing cocktails. 

Only downside is the manager is a bit weird.

Hmm it's definitely an option.

8 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

North is ok to good, they do try hard to be that bit better, Johns can have a waiting list to book on popular days.

Personally think you can't go wrong at Sapori Anstey, if you are looking for fine dining at reasonable prices. They do a Sunday roast as well, but their style. Andrea the owner / chef is reckoned to be one of the best chefs around, I think he has won national awards.

I will check that out haven't been before.

Has anyone been to the grey lady before? 

Is there anywhere decent City Centre that isn't too fancy? IE somewhere that sells meat, chips etc

Fancied eating a meal tomorrow before the game. Whenever I've done it before I usually end up at Nandos but wanted a change.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Is there anywhere decent City Centre that isn't too fancy? IE somewhere that sells meat, chips etc

Fancied eating a meal tomorrow before the game. Whenever I've done it before I usually end up at Nandos but wanted a change.

Whetherspoons?

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It’s not in the centre but is well worth a journey to Narborough Road for Istanbul. You really won’t regret it and in walking distance to the stadium.

• Like 2