Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Went in Head of Steam yesterday, great beers but bloody hell the girl that served me. I can deal with new staff learning the trade, absolutely not a problem, but she was just absolutely not arsed at all aha.

There was a blonde bird with tattoos & glasses the other night working there who was tremendous to look at

Rarely go to that area of the city but heard of good reviews about Everest Dine (Indian/Nepalese mix).

Went to The Bluebell in Rothley last week and nothing was average nor poor there. Bigger than I thought it'd be inside.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I know it's not Leicester really but went to Hercules Revived in Sutton Cheney (about a 10-minute drive from Market Bosworth) earlier.

Although there isn't really a wide selection of beers etc, however there's plenty of different food on offer at decent prices if anyone lives towards that side of Leicestershire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2018 at 19:24, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah JH isn’t too bad at all for that standard of food. Cool, will have a look at The Wilderness. Strangely I rarely venture out to Brum and not sure why.

On 24/01/2018 at 19:08, Unabomber said:

Yeah sat bains has been on my list for a while. If you ever want to go a bit further the wilderness in Birmingham is the best meal I’ve ever had. Johns house seems pretty good value tbf.

You ever need any Birmingham recommendations let me know. I did say to Una, the Wilderness is supposed to be top.

The city actually has three restaurants with Michelin stars! There’s some great looking places around Colmore Row now. Equally it’s street food/fast food game is decent too. Original Patty Man for example is the equilvant to Crafty but owned by Siren Beer. Next door there’s a really good bar just opened up. Very railway arches/London hipster setting. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You ever need any Birmingham recommendations let me know. I did say to Una, the Wilderness is supposed to be top.

The city actually has three restaurants with Michelin stars! There’s some great looking places around Colmore Row now. Equally it’s street food/fast food game is decent too. Original Patty Man for example is the equilvant to Crafty but owned by Siren Beer. Next door there’s a really good bar just opened up. Very railway arches/London hipster setting. 

You been to that Indian Brewery your way mate? Under some arches if you were to walk towards the Jewellery quarter down Livery / Church St. Some great fast scran and great beers.

Love 1000 Trades up there for a pint too.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You been to that Indian Brewery your way mate? Under some arches if you were to walk towards the Jewellery quarter down Livery / Church St. Some great fast scran and great beers.

Yes. Very good. You can have a good crawl around JQ. 

On 28/04/2018 at 10:30, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Booze ok, the food is so meh

• 1 month later...
Guest MattP
10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Damn will be trying that 

You would have lapped up my weekend, Hawksmoor Guildhall for Saturday breakfast, Hawksmoor Seven Dials for Saturday night steak and that for Sunday lunch.

Food and the pubs are easily the best two things in London.

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

You would have lapped up my weekend, Hawksmoor Guildhall for Saturday breakfast, Hawksmoor Seven Dials for Saturday night steak and that for Sunday lunch.

Food and the pubs are easily the best two things in London.

Trying to work out which value system produces higher results when quantifying this, calories or pound sterling. 

• Like 1