Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I haven’t eaten there yet but have been in Head of Steam for a few beers and really like it.

Yeah don't bother mate great drinks shit food. Bit concerned it won't last though as don't think the majority appreciate good beer and it's a bit out the way.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah don't bother mate great drinks shit food. Bit concerned it won't last though as don't think the majority appreciate good beer and it's a bit out the way.

Fair enough. That’s true, and a few beers are mega expensive. I had a pint of Death by Coconut which was absolutely incredible but about £7. Not entirely sure it’s meant to be drank in pints either to be fair.

Thought that might be the Brewclopedia one so decent that there will be another selling decent drinks.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Fair enough. That’s true, and a few beers are mega expensive. I had a pint of Death by Coconut which was absolutely incredible but about £7. Not entirely sure it’s meant to be drank in pints either to be fair.

Thought that might be the Brewclopedia one so decent that there will be another selling decent drinks.

Yeah hopefully it stays like I say good beer selection and I do like the setting inside. On another note I think brewdog has gone downhill recently though.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah hopefully it stays like I say good beer selection and I do like the setting inside. On another note I think brewdog has gone downhill recently though.

I haven’t been in there for a while to be honest but now there are a few places selling a selection of decent beers it will probably stay that way.

7 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Grillstock tomorrow night, can't wait

Has anyone tried Siam Boran on Loughborough Road? Looks like a shithole from the outside but apparently really good Thai food

hope grillstock is better than I went. 3 of our party sent their meals back it was that bad. 

37 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The More Restaurant on London Road is pretty decent.

Good buffet selections.

Went there once last year and loved it. Missus did not agree though. She took me to a buffet in her home town (derby :whistle:) called Cosmo. Honestly the best buffet I have ever been to.

I went to the locker room with a Groupon twice recently, 2 homemade pizzas, 1 pitcher of beer (anything they have on tap!) and 2 hours of pool for £15. Couldn't fault it. Missus did have her purse nicked by some tramps outside but other than that I recommend (the groupon).

20 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, I thought it was expensive when I went in. That might be the thing that puts people off. Beer was great though.

18 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’ll tell you where is good in leicester Pho had a ridiculously good meal there the other week beef brisket curry. 

Pho is brilliant. Loved it when I went. Staff were very knowledgeable about the dishes too.

19 hours ago, Kopic said:

Went there once last year and loved it. Missus did not agree though. She took me to a buffet in her home town (derby :whistle:) called Cosmo. Honestly the best buffet I have ever been to.

I went to the locker room with a Groupon twice recently, 2 homemade pizzas, 1 pitcher of beer (anything they have on tap!) and 2 hours of pool for £15. Couldn't fault it. Missus did have her purse nicked by some tramps outside but other than that I recommend (the groupon).

Second this, Cosmos is the best buffet I've been too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...