Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Another huge over-inflation, of course...

Cambiasso, like the others, has had some utter stinkers this season.

And has had some nice games too.

Rarely have I seen a player bigged up to such an extent in a season that has been quite so appalling.

People are just being positive about him because he had been the only bright spark this season. It must be said 'again' yesterday he was the only one on that pitch doing anything. His leadership is very noticeable as he is the 'only' one talking. I do not understand why you have to keep coming back on this thread after every time someone says something remotely positive about him.

People are just being positive about him because he had been the only bright spark this season. It must be said 'again' yesterday he was the only one on that pitch doing anything. His leadership is very noticeable as he is the 'only' one talking. I do not understand why you have to keep coming back on this thread after every time someone says something remotely positive about him.

I'm sorry mate but if 'leadership' equates to what we saw yesterday, then it's a sad tale.

Once more, Cambiasso has been no worse than any of em this season. Indeed, better than most of em.

But something special, class or exceptional?

Rubbish...

Rarely have I seen a player bigged up to such an extent in a season that has been quite so appalling.

What is your problem?

There are a few positive things we can take from this season, not many but there are a few.

One of them, as I have said I'm my original post, is that I'm really glad I have got to see a player of such class as Cambiasso in a Leicester shirt.

He clearly hasn't been able to go and win every game for us single handed, I doubt that even Messi could do that in this team. But, considering the team he is in, he has often shown his ability, he consistently shows passion and desire and he is therefore a bright spot in this poor season.

Get over yourself Col City Fan, stop being a WUM.

You don't like him we get that,but crikey don't we know it,you have rammed it down our throats all season..

For me he has been fantastic,a truly fantastic professional that cares,he has never once sherked the issue.

I wonder whether it's you and you only who has the problem with him,the reason i say that because you are quite outspoken on this forum,and you like to be right!

It's not Cambiassio fault the players around him are on the same wave length.

Give the guy a break and just face the fact we have had a real legend at this club

I'm sorry mate but if 'leadership' equates to what we saw yesterday, then it's a sad tale.

Once more, Cambiasso has been no worse than any of em this season. Indeed, better than most of em.

But something special, class or exceptional?

Rubbish...

Still at it!!

Wow, the most 'glass half empty' character in the world.

You really have a poor understanding of the game if you can't see that he is still a class player.

Some people's opinions on here clearly show an understanding of football. Something anyone who plays/played and watches football on a regular basis (doesn't really matter what level) can have.

I totally appreciate football is then a matter of opinions.

I really just get the impression that you have very little understanding of football.

Pour yourself a bit more beer matey. Fill the glass, don't keep it 'half empty'.

I've enjoyed watching him play. Nothing more, nothing less. It has been great to watch a player of his quality in a miserable season.

lol

All the above posts, are expected of course.

Not once have I said he's shite or anything else along those lines.

What I have said is consistently, he's been over-inflated.

I don't change that one bit, in spite of the vitriol, piss taking and anything else that comes with it.

Why do I focus on Cambi? Because so many overly focus on Cambi. And have done all season.

It appears he's gonna be the 'jewel in the crown' of a relegation season where our statistics are truly shocking.

Frankly, big deal.

Others have even suggested he may be a part of the problem in terms of our playing style.

Discuss..

Still at it!!

Wow, the most 'glass half empty' character in the world.

You really have a poor understanding of the game if you can't see that he is still a class player.

Some people's opinions on here clearly show an understanding of football. Something anyone who plays/played and watches football on a regular basis (doesn't really matter what level) can have.

I totally appreciate football is then a matter of opinions.

I really just get the impression that you have very little understanding of football.

Pour yourself a bit more beer matey. Fill the glass, don't keep it 'half empty'.

My glass isn't half empty.

You need to grow up son..I thought you were my age?

lol

Much of what you post, I agree with. Your love affair with Esteban, I dont.

The guy is class, doesn't need saying again, but I thought he should have been brought off yesterday at the 65/70 minute mark. Nothing against his performance, just thought we needed a bit of pace/drive in there and to be fair the only midfielder that brings that is Drinkwater.

This is nothing to do with Cambiassio,it comes down to the managers inability to realise the midfield has not been good enough all season,yet he has done nothing about it.

Why sign a player like Cambiassio if you are not going to play to his strengths .

It just proves the manager is out if his depth,the planning for this season has been pathetic

Our two most expensive signings are running around like lost sheep because the manager is asking them to play a role that is alien to them.

The quicker we sack the Pearson the better

This is nothing to do with Cambiassio,it comes down to the managers inability to realise the midfield has not been good enough all season,yet he has done nothing about it.

Why sign a player like Cambiassio if you are not going to play to his strengths .

It just proves the manager is out if his depth,the planning for this season has been pathetic

Our two most expensive signings are running around like lost sheep because the manager is asking them to play a role that is alien to them.

The quicker we sack the Pearson the better

I agree with all of this... Great post.

Cambiasso, playing in a team with a super midfield could have looked so much better than he has done.

I've said for ages I'd get him further forward.

In a box to box two, he's suffered massively.

Imagine Cambiasso and King pulling all the strings, shielded by Cattermole playing behind them!

What a dream that could have been..

lol

Has anyone noticed how Sunderland have deteriorated when Cattermole hasn't been playing?

No? There's a surprise....

My glass isn't half empty.

You need to grow up son..I thought you were my age?

lol

Much of what you post, I agree with. Your love affair with Esteban, I dont.

I really don't think anyone could be your age.

I am clearly a very young 54.

I'm getting bored of you now Col, seriously, change the record.

If I have one criticism, it's that sometimes he is just too quick with the ball.

It's OK when you play in a good attacking team where every time you have the ball you have attacking wingers and forwards making runs for you, but when you're at the bottom of the league and often seeing less than 40% of the ball, sometimes you just need to hold it.  He has more than enough ability and sheer class to hold onto the ball under pressure from quality players, needs to do it more.

I can't believe some of our fans feel our current predicament is partially down to playing one of the finest midfielders of his generation.

Ridiculous. He has been probably the most consistent player and performer for us. He is so good on the ball. Probably one of the best passers I have ever seen. Doesn't ever hold the ball for too long and always plays the right ball. Never loses the balls and if our movement was more clever and our play in the attacking third, his stats would have been so much better. 

Anyone watch him on the ball. Before he receives it, he looks up and knows exactly where everyone is. Then he takes the ball and plays people in. I have never been able to appreciate on TV why some of the top players are so much better, but seeing Cambiasso has enlightened me to why. His footballing brain and intelligence are out of this world

He WAS a good player. He maybe "Class" now but he isn't good enough.

He makes too many errors due to his lack of speed and positioning.

I feel sorry for our defence when I see an opposition player run around him for the millionth time. 

If he's out there we need 3 CDs and a couple of DMs to cover his ass.

Still maybe Mahrez can run back and cover for him!!

I'm just enjoying watching a Champions League winner play for us, with insane vision, leadership and intelligence (though lacking in legs and good teammates) before we go back to players of the ilk of Wayne Brown and Neil Danns. 

His teammates were good enough to walk the championship without him.

Guest MattP

His passing and touch is a joy to watch at times, hardly gave the ball away Saturday.

Problem is last 15 minutes he's running on empty.

His passing and touch is a joy to watch at times, hardly gave the ball away Saturday.

Problem is last 15 minutes he's running on empty.

I agree but he did give the ball away, surprisingly he often gives the ball away early in a game. However that's not my criticisim of him, my criticisim is that he is too slow to defend and gets blown past so many times leaving our defence in the shit.

I agree but he did give the ball away, surprisingly he often gives the ball away early in a game. However that's not my criticisim of him, my criticisim is that he is too slow to defend and gets blown past so many times leaving our defence in the shit.

:thumbup:

Archived