Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Ridiculous. He has been probably the most consistent player and performer for us. He is so good on the ball. Probably one of the best passers I have ever seen. Doesn't ever hold the ball for too long and always plays the right ball. Never loses the balls and if our movement was more clever and our play in the attacking third, his stats would have been so much better. 

Anyone watch him on the ball. Before he receives it, he looks up and knows exactly where everyone is. Then he takes the ball and plays people in. I have never been able to appreciate on TV why some of the top players are so much better, but seeing Cambiasso has enlightened me to why. His footballing brain and intelligence are out of this world

I think you misread my post.

Have a day off, PAL.

You have a day off PAL..

:thumbup:

I've made it clear that Cambiasso comes over as a great bloke and a model pro. I've said this countless times.

I've also said he'd make a better captain than Wes Morgan...

Ok????

I've also said he's been bigged up out of all proportion because IMO he has.

However, I better watch it because I'll be banned again for arguing..

:nigel:

You have a day off PAL..

I've made it clear that Cambiasso comes over as a great bloke and a model pro. I've said this countless times.

Ok????

he needed another CM alongside him to do his running but only man who can make that happen won't do it

You have a day off PAL..

Ok????

Not even an hour's break for dinner?

he needed another CM alongside him to do his running but only man who can make that happen won't do it

So he's a midfielder who can't run.

He's past it at this level - just admit it.

I agree with all of this... Great post.

Cambiasso, playing in a team with a super midfield could have looked so much better than he has done.

I've said for ages I'd get him further forward.

In a box to box two, he's suffered massively.

Imagine Cambiasso and King pulling all the strings, shielded by Cattermole playing behind them!

What a dream that could have been..

lol

Has anyone noticed how Sunderland have deteriorated when Cattermole hasn't been playing?

No? There's a surprise....

I agree with a lot you post, but this Cattermole malarkey?

I couldn't have that bloke on my mind.

Ridiculous. He has been probably the most consistent player and performer for us. He is so good on the ball. Probably one of the best passers I have ever seen. Doesn't ever hold the ball for too long and always plays the right ball. Never loses the balls and if our movement was more clever and our play in the attacking third, his stats would have been so much better.

Anyone watch him on the ball. Before he receives it, he looks up and knows exactly where everyone is. Then he takes the ball and plays people in. I have never been able to appreciate on TV why some of the top players are so much better, but seeing Cambiasso has enlightened me to why. His footballing brain and intelligence are out of this world

I was very exited about the signing of Cambiasso, but keeping my post short, he's been ok. Which means he's nowhere near hit the levels I was hoping for this season.

There has been games where his distribution has been appalling. I have watched every game live or live stream and from what we have seen this season you are deluding yourself with such high praise.

I like the bloke, he has undoubted class - I just think we got him a season or two too late.

I agree with a lot you post, but this Cattermole malarkey?

I couldn't have that bloke on my mind.

Sunderland have massively suffered since he's been out injured/suspended.

City have really needed a midfield 'enforcer' all season IMO.

Cattermole could have done a job, as could other similar players.

Cambiasso has served what role and purpose really? I've never been sure. DM? Playmaker? Creator of chances?

What really?

However, as I've said approximately a million times, playing him in a central midfield two has done him no favours.

I was very exited about the signing of Cambiasso, but keeping my post short, he's been ok. Which means he's nowhere near hit the levels I was hoping for this season.

There has been games where his distribution has been appalling. I have watched every game live or live stream and from what we have seen this season you are deluding yourself with such high praise.

I like the bloke, he has undoubted class - I just think we got him a season or two too late.

Strangely I felt he was well past it before he came and would just be here for a final paycheck. Completely the opposite.

Yes there have been very few games, he hasn't played well. But overall, his vision and distribution have been unreal. He barely holds the ball for more than two seconds and always tries to play a forward pass. I think that's where people criticise his distribution. He hardly ever tries to play a safe pass but always tries to find an attacking pass and usually does find it. Obviously not all of them will cut defences especially at this level, but on the whole he has got it right. 

Also his movement in attacking areas is good, he always finds space in those areas, and I add him to the list of needing to be more clinical but at least he is getting those chances. Defensively, he is okay. No worse than anyone else but not exceptional. I think he is more of a playmaker than a defensive midfielder anyway, or certainly he has been this season. Finally, his footballing brain is on another level. No wonder he has played so many times for Argentina. The quickness he plays some equisite balls is a joy to watch. 

Yes we have been disappointing this season, but he has not. Like I said, I didn't expect much from him when he signed but he has completely changed my opinion of him. At times I feel the rest of the team cannot respond to his quality and that is why he hasn't had the stats he could have had. 

I might be the only one here but I can't help but feel he signing him has inadvertently been the cause of all our problems? Through no fault of his own of course.

By signing him Nige feels an obligation to play him and at his age he hasn't got the energy, mobility or the strength to play in a midfield 4 in the Premier League. We have generally played better with a stronger tackler (Hammond) in the team.

This means that the starting line up has to be built around him and our attacking and counter attacking expansive style of play has been sacrificed in the name of 5-4-1 or 4-5-1.

While he generally plays well I think it has been at the expense of the team playing well.

This why if we get relegated I won't be too sad to lose him as it means we may go back to a more high energy 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Thoughts?

I agree with that. Good post.

I just feel priveleged that a player of such class, even at the sunset of his career wore a Leicester shirt.

An exceptional player to grace our club.

This.

We'll miss him when he's gone and realise how lucky we were. Should have been captain.

I just feel priveleged that a player of such class, even at the sunset of his career wore a Leicester shirt.

An exceptional player to grace our club.

Agreed.

It's a pity a couple more players of similar quality were not added to improve the spine of the team last summer.

Don't see how anyone can't see how good he is. He feels he has to do everything, which simply no player can do, because he's surrounded largely by duds. He'd fit in much more effectively in a better side than ours.

Is this because he wouldn't have to do his job as a midfielder, he could just play part -time and others would cover up his deficiencies?

If so, I agree.

having said that he'd be much better if he had hammond to sit behind and cover his ass.

2 guys short on speed who could make an ideal single player.

City should be allowed to play 12 against 11 each week.

Is this because he wouldn't have to do his job as a midfielder, he could just play part -time and others would cover up his deficiencies?

If so, I agree.

Exactly... anyone would be better if two other people did half their work, or make up for whatever particular shortcoming they have.

Actually, that's probably why we're often better when Nugent plays, he does the work of two men

Exactly... anyone would be better if two other people did half their work, or make up for whatever particular shortcoming they have.

Actually, that's probably why we're often better when Nugent plays, he does the work of two men

but  has forgotten how to score.

Archived