Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Let's hope he replicates the Everton performance for the rest of the season. If he does I reckon we will stay up.

If he does, and we do, we'll all love him.

The whole Cambiasso love-in IMO shows one main thing this season...just how awful we have been.

There can be no disputing the man is a legend. He's won everything there is to win in the game. There is also no disputing his commitment...He's clearly come here to play for Leicester City. At times he must have wondered why? Surely...

He's a model pro. Undisputable...

BUT..to be suggesting he's been 'world class' (on the pitch) THIS season is crazy.

It's crazy talk...We all know he's played some good games and has also had some stinkers....Swansea, West Brom, Villa in the cup to name but a mere three.

Being basically brought up in the Brian Little and MON days...The days when Emile Heskey was literally unplayable, Izzet was scoring goals out of nothing and Lennon was commanding midfields.. I guess a few good performances from Esteban are probably the best this season gets.

That's not to say these players were better than Esteban Cambiasso...of course they weren't...but it's my opinion that the Argentinian has been built up so much this season because our team, per se, have been so bloody awful. The best of a bad bunch would about sum it up, for me.

Edit. I thought better of it. Why bother?

The whole Cambiasso love-in IMO shows one main thing this season...just how awful we have been.

There can be no disputing the man is a legend. He's won everything there is to win in the game. There is also no disputing his commitment...He's clearly come here to play for Leicester City. At times he must have wondered why? Surely...

BUT..to be suggesting he's been 'world class' (on the pitch) THIS season is crazy.

It's crazy talk...We all know he's played some good games and has also had some stinkers....Swansea, West Brom, Villa in the cup to name but a mere three.

Being basically brought up in the Brian Little and MON days...The days when Emile Heskey was literally unplayable, Izzet was scoring goals out of nothing and Lennon was commanding midfields.. I guess a few good performances from Esteban are probably the best this season gets.

That's not to say these players were better than Esteban Cambiasso...of course they weren't...but it's my opinion that the Argentinian has been built up so much this season because our team, per se, have been so bloody awful. The best of a bad bunch would about sum it up, for me.

Are those points not just a little bit hypocritical?

I personally agree about his performances not being 'world class'...but to be honest what did we expect?

At the age of 34...expecting a guy who made his career largely as a defensive midfielder, to change his role and become a playmaker?

Makelele would not have been as great as adapting....neither would the modern lads like Busquets.

Depends on how you look at the term "world class". Using it in absolute terms may be far-fetched to some, as Cambiasso is 34 and mainly playing as a defensive midfielder (never a spectacular position to play in - you'll always get outshone by tricky wingers, attacking midfielders or forwards on the pitch in terms of TV air time or highlight reel).

He's one of the few, if not the only player in a Leicester shirt this season who's maintained a consistently high level (with the odd fluke here or there). And in relative terms, he still is world class, because of the way he reads the game, because of his soothing influence on the pitch, because of his experience and vision, because of his passing abilities and because of his passion. To me, he's a role model for every aspiring footballer. He doesn't make a big fuss about things, goes quietly about his business (which he understands quite well) and even tries to help the people around him getting better. All aspects that add up to a "world class" footballer in my opinion.

He still has world class abilities and it's partially frustrating to see that not all of our other players have been able to profit from that or link up with his process of thought, his through balls and the likes the way he would've probably wished for. He's one of the few with top-flight experience and it shows.

Depends on how you look at the term "world class". Using it in absolute terms may be far-fetched to some, as Cambiasso is 34 and mainly playing as a defensive midfielder (never a spectacular position to play in - you'll always get outshone by tricky wingers, attacking midfielders or forwards on the pitch in terms of TV air time or highlight reel).

He's one of the few, if not the only player in a Leicester shirt this season who's maintained a consistently high level (with the odd fluke here or there). And in relative terms, he still is world class, because of the way he reads the game, because of his soothing influence on the pitch, because of his experience and vision, because of his passing abilities and because of his passion. To me, he's a role model for every aspiring footballer. He doesn't make a big fuss about things, goes quietly about his business (which he understands quite well) and even tries to help the people around him getting better. All aspects that add up to a "world class" footballer in my opinion.

He still has world class abilities and it's partially frustrating to see that not all of our other players have been able to profit from that or link up with his process of thought, his through balls and the likes the way he would've probably wished for. He's one of the few with top-flight experience and it shows.

Spot on. End of.

Guest MattP

I don't think Cambiasso will ever become our manager, though he seems the type of character that will go into management.

There's something about his persona that makes me think he'd possibly stay even if we went down, but I may be kidding myself.

It would be crazy for us to take him on if we were in the Championship, one thing every club that come up from that division seems to have is a manager who knows the division inside out, Pearson, Dyche, Mackay, Bruce etc etc

Karanka obviously make break that this season but he will probably be the exception rather than the norm.

Spot on

For all the love-in and how people are frustrated other players aren't on his wavelength to receive his fast, first time balls... much of the time it's hit & hope just playing balls into channels which is pointless unless we play players who work the channels like Nugent & Vardy did last season... Sure, there's the odd great game like Everton away, but for me that makes his performances this season all the more frustrating when we do see what he's really capable of

Spot on

For all the love-in and how people are frustrated other players aren't on his wavelength to receive his fast, first time balls... much of the time it's hit & hope just playing balls into channels which is pointless unless we play players who work the channels like Nugent & Vardy did last season... Sure, there's the odd great game like Everton away, but for me that makes his performances this season all the more frustrating when we do see what he's really capable of

I remember some great games from Gally.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be the only one here but I can't help but feel he signing him has inadvertently been the cause of all our problems? Through no fault of his own of course.

By signing him Nige feels an obligation to play him and at his age he hasn't got the energy, mobility or the strength to play in a midfield 4 in the Premier League. We have generally played better with a stronger tackler (Hammond) in the team.

This means that the starting line up has to be built around him and our attacking and counter attacking expansive style of play has been sacrificed in the name of 5-4-1 or 4-5-1.

While he generally plays well I think it has been at the expense of the team playing well.

This why if we get relegated I won't be too sad to lose him as it means we may go back to a more high energy 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Thoughts?

He's class. Shame Nige hasn't given him the support he needs in the middle because his legs clearly aren't what they were. Imagine him say in front of a back 4 with 2 centre mids infront of him. That would be class

Not the type of player for a relegation battle to be fair

Burnley, QPR and Sunderland are in a relegation battle. We aren't in any 'battle'. We are the stereotypical 'cut adrift' team who are clinging on to the blind hope that we might win 50% of out final games to stay up. Which we wont, because we aren't good enough

Burnley, QPR and Sunderland are in a relegation battle. We aren't in any 'battle'. We are the stereotypical 'cut adrift' team who are clinging on to the blind hope that we might win 50% of out final games to stay up. Which we wont, because we aren't good enough

Your right, we're doomed.

I suppose aslong as the team believe they have a chance they will want to fight for survival. The hull match had shown the fight was too much for them and failed

Your right, we're doomed.

I suppose aslong as the team believe they have a chance they will want to fight for survival. The hull match had shown the fight was too much for them and failed

my post came across a condescending Singh, I just read it back and it sounded sh@!e towards you which I didn't mean it to come across that way and I apologise. but yeh, we are going down!

my post came across a condescending Singh, I just read it back and it sounded sh@!e towards you which I didn't mean it to come across that way and I apologise. but yeh, we are going down!

It's ok bud, I didn't think it was condescending, but very accurate. We're both saying the same thing to be fair

Joy to watch. Pleasure's been ours, Esteban.

Another huge over-inflation, of course...

Cambiasso, like the others, has had some utter stinkers this season.

And has had some nice games too.

Rarely have I seen a player bigged up to such an extent in a season that has been quite so appalling.

Archived