Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

It seems like I'm stating the obvious but, as someone who is 28 and 'been down the citeh' since I was about 4/5, he is the best player I've seen play in a blue shirt. It seems offensive to think, at this level (albeit 12 years ago or so) we had Junior Lewis in his role...  lol

If you just watch him, his brain, his anticipation, his positioning is scarily good. I've said a few times, that at Soton away, he would anticipate an attack failing, get himself into the position to receive the ball, call for the ball - only for it to be hoofed up field. But now we're now starting to play to his strengths a lot more.

I'm a staunch Pearson loyalist, but for me, I'd make him Captain immediately. He exudes leadership - he was skipper for however many years in a successful Inter Milan side. I don't particularly care if it breaks the spirit of Wes Morgan. Although I've heard a murmour he was offered it and turned it down...?

I'm even compelled to say, whilst we will likely get relegated (there is a beacon of hope I suppose...), seeing Esteban Cambiasso play in an LCFC shirt has been an absolute pleasure to behold, joy to watch etc etc. 

I've never had a players name on a shirt before, until now. Sir Esteban, I salute you...  :chant:

I wonder if he'll be up for a cold Tuesday night at Rotherham? 

Great post.

I just stood up and clapped in my office.

I think Cambiasso has realised the love the fans have for him here. Does anyone think he might stay with us in the championship?

I think he might end up as Manager if we're in the Championship. I suspect that this was one of the reasons why Pearson was unsacked by Top. I imagine that the compensation package we'd need to pay Pearson will be substantially less if he gets us relegated (Contractual clause), and that the owners would like some continuity after Pearson's largely successful role

I can actually see Pearson being offered a 'Director of Football' role at the end of the season, with Cambiasso being made first team coach. You heard it here first.

I questioned why Cambi would want to come to a fudge-hole like Leicester, but his passion and dedication has never been in question, and his celebration after his goal on Sunday was a joy to watch. For someone who has played in World Cups and scored one of the best goals seen at a WC final, it was uplifting to see him putting the same amount of passion and effort into helping us with our spluttering fight against relegation.

Everton-v-Leicester-City.jpg

I think he might end up as Manager if we're in the Championship. I suspect that this was one of the reasons why Pearson was unsacked by Top. I imagine that the compensation package we'd need to pay Pearson will be substantially less if he gets us relegated (Contractual clause), and that the owners would like some continuity after Pearson's largely successful role

I can actually see Pearson being offered a 'Director of Football' role at the end of the season, with Cambiasso being made first team coach. You heard it here first.

I questioned why Cambi would want to come to a fudge-hole like Leicester, but his passion and dedication has never been in question, and his celebration after his goal on Sunday was a joy to watch. For someone who has played in World Cups and scored one of the best goals seen at a WC final, it was uplifting to see him putting the same amount of passion and effort into helping us with our spluttering fight against relegation.

Everton-v-Leicester-City.jpg

If sacking Pearson was on the cards, they could surely have sacked him for nothing over the two incidents this season?

And Cambiasso could have been offered the job of a Premier League club, rather than 2nd tier... probably the most difficult 2nd tier in the world which can be no place for a someone who knows little of that league, although in your hypothetical situation Pearson would still be here to lean on

I don't think Cambiasso will ever become our manager, though he seems the type of character that will go into management.

You never know though.

There's something about his persona that makes me think he'd possibly stay even if we went down, but I may be kidding myself.

Laughable seeing certain posters constantly questioning his ability and position in the team. We should be grateful that he's wearing the shirt!

He's on a different level to anyone else and could quite easily be doing a job for the likes of Arsenal/Man Utd.

Questions will obviously be asked given his age but I seriously question your knowledge on football if you don't see the quality he has and more importantly the influence he has on the team and club as a whole.

He thinks on a different level to anyone else which is sometimes a problem as only a few of our current team are capable of being on the same wavelength.

He doesn't wear the armband but he is the captain of the team.

Speaking with some of the lads they can't speak highly enough of him and the influence he's had improving their games.

Although your prob oblivious to it now, the improvements he's making to Matty's, Drinky's & Kingy's games U can't put a price on. He even takes the time out to talk with the youth team lads to help improve their games.

Got a feeling he'll be our next manager when the inevitable happens and personally think it's what we need to help get to that next level.

Laughable seeing certain posters constantly questioning his ability and position in the team. We should be grateful that he's wearing the shirt!

He's on a different level to anyone else and could quite easily be doing a job for the likes of Arsenal/Man Utd.

Questions will obviously be asked given his age but I seriously question your knowledge on football if you don't see the quality he has and more importantly the influence he has on the team and club as a whole.

He thinks on a different level to anyone else which is sometimes a problem as only a few of our current team are capable of being on the same wavelength.

He doesn't wear the armband but he is the captain of the team.

Speaking with some of the lads they can't speak highly enough of him and the influence he's had improving their games.

Although your prob oblivious to it now, the improvements he's making to Matty's, Drinky's & Kingy's games U can't put a price on. He even takes the time out to talk with the youth team lads to help improve their games.

Got a feeling he'll be our next manager when the inevitable happens and personally think it's what we need to help get to that next level.

He'd be doing a better job for them as he'd be able to play as a anchor which is his natural position, breaking up play and keeping the ball. Which is what he does here whilst also trying to be the creative flair and pick that final pass. Generally think he's still better than Daley Blind, and that's not saying I don't think Blind's a good player because he obviously is but think Cambiasso could easily do his job still.

Would love him to stay here if we went down, but I'm sure he'd have a whole host of offers.

Worth pointing out I saw him collect his man of the match award the other week.

These things are followed by questions on the game, and the player being picked saying a few words etc, often after a loss which isn't a great time for the chosen player to be put on the spot.

Many of the players come out with the same drivel, the usual stuff that you hear on match of the day etc. players like James, Kasper, King, Wes etc are good at the usual stuff, and it isn't really worth listening too.

Esterban though made the hairs stick up on the back of your neck. He was different. He looked at the group in front of him and told us that although we may feel bad, he insisted that he felt many times worse, and repeated it for more affect.

Plenty of bull in these situations, but you just felt with him that there was honest and real feeling in his words and he seriously meant what he was saying.

I have met him before, chatted to him for 5 minutes and he comes across very well too. Real personable, no sound bites, just a real person and a true leader and professional.

The only other guy that I have met, that is seriously wanting to succeed and is genuinely warm is Knockaert. Any bull about us being a stepping stone was utter utter rubbish. This guy is very genuine, very much wants us to succeed and is one of the nicest people you could meet.

But back to Cambiasso, just from a few times I have seen him, he is different. Very balanced, and I really think he would make an excellent manager at some point soon.

There ain't many footballers you would listen too and believe, but Cambiasso is different, he cares you can tell for sure and he could be the one that leads us out of this mess.

I want Pearson to stay. I think he has done well in difficult circumstances. We have never got battered, which shows we have a good set up, just short of quality.

But if he was to go, which is quite possible now, I would love to see Cambiasso move upto the role as I think he could make a decent manager.

These things are followed by questions on the game, and the player being picked saying a few words etc, often after a loss which isn't a great time for the chosen player to be put on the spot.

Many of the players come out with the same drivel, the usual stuff that you hear on match of the day etc. players like James, Kasper, King, Wes etc are good at the usual stuff, and it isn't really worth listening too.

Esterban though made the hairs stick up on the back of your neck. He was different. He looked at the group in front of him and told us that although we may feel bad, he insisted that he felt many times worse, and repeated it for more affect.

Plenty of bull in these situations, but you just felt with him that there was honest and real feeling in his words and he seriously meant what he was saying.

I have met him before, chatted to him for 5 minutes and he comes across very well too. Real personable, no sound bites, just a real person and a true leader and professional.

The only other guy that I have met, that is seriously wanting to succeed and is genuinely warm is Knockaert. Any bull about us being a stepping stone was utter utter rubbish. This guy is very genuine, very much wants us to succeed and is one of the nicest people you could meet.

But back to Cambiasso, just from a few times I have seen him, he is different. Very balanced, and I really think he would make an excellent manager at some point soon.

There ain't many footballers you would listen too and believe, but Cambiasso is different, he cares you can tell for sure and he could be the one that leads us out of this mess.

I want Pearson to stay. I think he has done well in difficult circumstances. We have never got battered, which shows we have a good set up, just short of quality.

But if he was to go, which is quite possible now, I would love to see Cambiasso move upto the role as I think he could make a decent manager.

The Championship is awful for cutting your teeth though, like... probably nothing worse!

If this was, or ever is, on the cards as far as Cam himself is concerned then it needs to be in the Prem... In the Championship I fear we'd be just another Watford 12/13 (Udinese B) and that's at best, we could even be a Sven 09/10 and show signs of being better than Brazil only to never get out of mid-table or ever trouble the playoffs at all

What a man. In 25 years time people will still be saying 'remember when Cambiasso played for us'.

And the response may well be:

"You mean that season we finished bottom of the Prem?"

He's just this season's Eddie Kelly !  :D

And the response may well be:

"You mean that season we finished bottom of the Prem?"

He's just this season's Eddie Kelly !  :D

for me football is as much about "moments" as it is success of the club. sure it'd be great to be successful, but it'd be nothing without experiencing great moments along the way. if we were to stay up which obviously i'd absolutely love then i imagine we've got a few more moments to come this season, but if we do unfortunately go down i won't be looking back in 15 years on this season and the first thing to come to mind being that we finished bottom and were crap most the year, i'd immediately think "cambiasso vs united" or "cambiasso vs everton". that's what football, for me, is all about. 

so that definitely wouldn't be my response. 

He had another great game yesterday.

What I love about the guy (and bore my kids all the time with - "that's how to play") is the way he sees where the ball will be, he'll be there and will play first time balls to a teammate without appearing to look. He has already assessed the picture of players around him - he can just play it simple everytime because he's already done the thinking before the ball arrives to him.

He makes the game simple.

That's class.

So basically the complete polar opposite to Morgan?

for me football is as much about "moments" as it is success of the club. sure it'd be great to be successful, but it'd be nothing without experiencing great moments along the way. if we were to stay up which obviously i'd absolutely love then i imagine we've got a few more moments to come this season, but if we do unfortunately go down i won't be looking back in 15 years on this season and the first thing to come to mind being that we finished bottom and were crap most the year, i'd immediately think "cambiasso vs united" or "cambiasso vs everton". that's what football, for me, is all about.

so that definitely wouldn't be my response.

Ah at least it's not just me who thinks like this! :)

Never experienced anything like that United game!

You're not Farndon foods Rob are you?

I didn't know anything about the guy before he signed for us as I only really follow Leicester and I thought at 34 he was unlikely to add much so my expectations were quite low.

However, you're eyes can't deceive you that he is serious class and has been exceptional for the most part. Obviously he's had a few poor games but in the main his range and pass vision is outstanding.

I managed to catch his eye before the QPR game and when he scored he came straight across to where I was in the stand to celebrate his early goal. He was great in that game as he continually picked out Vardy with deft passes down the channel and over the top.

We should have won that game but he was a joy to watch and as previously said he has at least provided us with something in what has been a hugely disappointing season.

The whole Cambiasso love-in IMO shows one main thing this season...just how awful we have been.

There can be no disputing the man is a legend. He's won everything there is to win in the game. There is also no disputing his commitment...He's clearly come here to play for Leicester City. At times he must have wondered why? Surely...

He's a model pro. Undisputable...

BUT..to be suggesting he's been 'world class' (on the pitch) THIS season is crazy.

It's crazy talk...We all know he's played some good games and has also had some stinkers....Swansea, West Brom, Villa in the cup to name but a mere three.

Being basically brought up in the Brian Little and MON days...The days when Emile Heskey was literally unplayable, Izzet was scoring goals out of nothing and Lennon was commanding midfields.. I guess a few good performances from Esteban are probably the best this season gets.

That's not to say these players were better than Esteban Cambiasso...of course they weren't...but it's my opinion that the Argentinian has been built up so much this season because our team, per se, have been so bloody awful. The best of a bad bunch would about sum it up, for me.

Archived