Finnegan Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Jesus we have some seriously immature fans. Yeah but I think we're pretty tolerant of you on the whole.
eddylcfc Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Not the fact that he is very limited in what he does, hes not premiership quality but only just championship quality. Not a great loss to be honest I agree with you that he does have his limitations ie, pace, strength and decision making. I do feel however that he possesses qualities that set him apart from our other players. His touch, vision, enthusiasm and creativity is as a spectator thrilling. I do feel that in the games he has started he's done well but not amazing. The games at the start of the season and against Villa at home especially he worked his socks off which was a big part of us getting the 3 points. Maybe my opinion is slightly swayed by the memories he has provided. For example Huddersfield away, I was fortunate to witness the best live goal I've ever seen. He has provided so much exitement it would be a shame for him not to get an opportunity to replicate.
Guest Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Like? Schlupp and Mahrez are far better players. Schlupp
ImBlue Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Like? Schlupp and Mahrez are far better players. Albrighton, Powell and Lawrence aren't.
ealingfox Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 For me, this is just another thing that makes me wish Pearson would have been sacked a few weeks ago. Even though you have absolutely no idea whether his replacement would have rated Knockaert at all?
cjslcfc Posted 23 February 2015 Author Posted 23 February 2015 Albrighton, Powell and Lawrence aren't. Has he persisted with any of those?
ImBlue Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Even though you have absolutely no idea whether his replacement would have rated Knockaert at all? That depends, if we had brought in mick McCarthy I think it's pretty certain he would.
Ric Flair Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 I'm not having this. We are crying out for his creativity even just towards the end of games. Another reason why it's Nigel who should be going. World class clown.
Babylon Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Babylon; I don't if you can remember at the start of the season when he said 'Ask Anthony - he may be able to give you answer' was a clear example there was some rift back then. The lad would do anything to support Nigel, that was so evident from last year's annual dinner and throughout all of his time until that point. Woah woah woah... so did anyone ask Knockaert? How do you know he'd not actually done something wrong anyway? Do you remember Danns, Beckford, Mills, SSL... where everyone said the same thing. That Pearson was an idiot for not choosing them etc etc. Well, they were all wrong and I'd have hoped that people would remember that before just deciding that the manager, for no good reason, has decided he's not going to play someone. You have no idea how "supportive" Knockaert has been, he could have been a back stabbing little git for all you know. It just appears from the outside he isn't being given a fair chance as some others in our squad aren't. It just annoys you as fans when a good majority of us can see there is a clear path of favouritism towards some in the camp despite their awful performances. He can't do any worse. Quite clearly he can do worse. Look, if you think he's picking the wrong players then that's one thing. That's your opinion based on what you see on the pitch and I have no problem with it. It's another thing entirely to suggest any kind of malice or favouratism. When, he could actually just have another opinion to you and not think they are good enough... or not think they are the sort of player he wants in dog fight. The default setting is always "Pearson's a cock" and I find it annoying. There are perfectly logical possible explanations for him not being chosen, it doesn't have to be something else. If someone wants to provide concrete evidence about it then I'll listen to it and critisise Pearson myself.
Kitchandro Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Like? Schlupp and Mahrez are far better players. Schlupp is a terrible player, he's just very quick. Calling him limited would be kind, he's not a competent footballer at all. Mahrez is certainly more talented but his final ball is very questionable at this admittedly early stage of his career. I understand people's excitement about him but I don't understand this idea that he's brilliant, because he isn't, yet. Not to mention the fact that Cambiasso has been poor in the centre recently (his goal aside) and an attacking midfielder like Knockaert would give far more balance to our side.
ImBlue Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Has he persisted with any of those?Well, I think they all probably got more of chance, which is unfair. When you're bottom of the league it's not like you've been proved right in leaving him out is it? Oh and I think schlupp has looked okay, but only because he's fast, as we are mostly penned back in the league and only really offer attacking threat on the break. I'll come back when we have teams pegged back next season and we schlupp to break them down.
Kitchandro Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Even though you have absolutely no idea whether his replacement would have rated Knockaert at all? Of course. The new manager might not play him, but I know our current manager hasn't given him, or certain others, a fair crack of the whip. It's the same as Simpson and Schwarzer being worse than Hamer and De Laet yet still being picked constantly.
Unabomber Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Good decision Nigel, best of luck Anthony have fun there.
Babylon Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Again, this would only be a valid argument if he wasn't persisting with equally if not more limited players. Schlupp maybe more technically limited, but he is a threat going forward AND he's good on the cover because of the extra pace.
cjslcfc Posted 23 February 2015 Author Posted 23 February 2015 Schlupp is a terrible player, he's just very quick. Calling him limited would be kind, he's not a competent footballer at all. Mahrez is certainly more talented but his final ball is very questionable at this admittedly early stage of his career. I understand people's excitement about him but I don't understand this idea that he's brilliant, because he isn't, yet. Not to mention the fact that Cambiasso has been poor in the centre recently (his goal aside) and an attacking midfielder like Knockaert would give far more balance to our side. Schlupp is not a terrible player whatsoever. He gets so much unwarranted stick. I criticise him for his lack of intelligence on the pitch and his tendency to wander around, however he's inconsistent because of his age and lack of experience. Some games he has been immense, others he has been utter shite. I can't believe you can say "he's not a competent footballer". Cambiasso and Knockaert are completely different players. I really don't think you can replace one with the other. Added to that Cambiasso was brilliant yesterday, including his goal.
Bamba's Babes Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 W@nk man management of our players this season.
Guest Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Some people on here would be happy with Pearson even if he shat in the middle of their lounge.
Unabomber Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 People slagging Pearson off about this just bloody hilarious good one guys.
cjslcfc Posted 23 February 2015 Author Posted 23 February 2015 Well, I think they all probably got more of chance, which is unfair. When you're bottom of the league it's not like you've been proved right in leaving him out is it? Oh and I think schlupp has looked okay, but only because he's fast, as we are mostly penned back in the league and only really offer attacking threat on the break. I'll come back when we have teams pegged back next season and we schlupp to break them down. This could be a fair point but it's so early in Schlupp's career. He wasn't even playing regularly for us last season! I think he's done well considering and that he has a great career ahead of him. This is his first full season of being a regular in the side! He shows glimpses of his potential and, like Mahrez, needs to be more consistent with the better performances. Also referring to the bottom of the league point. Who knows? We could be on a lower points total if Knockaert had played. We just don't know. We have played very well at times and Mahrez and Schlupp have been key parts in those performances (as well as the bad ones), so I'm not surprised Knockaert and other wingers haven't managed to get in the side.
Ric Flair Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 I just can't fathom out why Knockaert hasn't been used more this season. His lack of pace is a big problem but in this 5-4-1 formation he'd be very influential behind the striker. It's certainly a better option to have from the bench if we're chasing a game than some of the other players Nigel cobbles together. Such a sad end to his career here.
Fox Ulike Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Some people on here would be happy with Pearson even if he shat in the middle of their lounge. ... and some people on here would moan at him if he pushed them out of the way of an on-coming lorry.
Footballwipe Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Well, I think they all probably got more of chance, which is unfair. Come on; if you're going to throw that kind of comment about please do your research Appearances this season, in all competitions, whether starting or off the bench. Knockaert- 11 Albrighton- 10 Lawrence- 3 Powell- 3 So how EXACTLY does that constitute giving TL and NP and MA more of a chance than AK?
Guest Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 ... and some people on here would moan at him if he pushed them out of the way of an on-coming lorry. I have a lot of suicidal thoughts to be fair so chances are I probably would be a little upset!
shen Posted 23 February 2015 Posted 23 February 2015 Kramaric will not be here next season. And schlupp is not dyer, he makes dyer look like he has ronaldo style end product. Albrighton, remember him at Wigan last season? No, not do I, tells you all you need to know about him in the 'second tier league' Kramaric will only leave if there is a suitable offer or a particular clause in his contract. Granted, he might be off in the summer, but I would be more surprised if Mahrez stays than if Kramaric does. I rate Schlupp and think he's a better, more complete player than Dyer. He's pacy, strong and has already shown he can score goals and assist at this level, which is more than you can say about good ol' Lloyd. Albrighton will get more time and space in the Champ, and given a good run of games, I'm sure he'll be up to his Guppy-est best. Whip in those balls to Ulloa and it's bound to give results at that level.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.