Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

How do you place a Pokemon onto a gym that is the same team as you? All it shows is the boxing glove button which means to to fight. 

You can only place a Pokemon in a gym if it has enough space, and that depends on the level, so a level 2 gym can have 2 Pokemon, level 3, 3.

If there is no free space at the gym you can train there and that increases the gym's prestige and subsequently level.

To conquer a gym you need to battle it to reduce it's prestige and level starting with the weakest Pokemon. So even if you can't conquer the gym yourself your can beat the weaker Pokemon there and help other people conquer it. Gaining xp in the process.

The few battles I've had have been largely confusing tapping and swiping of the screen. I much prefer turn based Pokemon battles, or at least some sort of tutorial.

Game is really starting to piss me off now. Another 5km egg hatched - fvcking HORSEA. That's my seventh Horsea I don't need any more. I found a list of Pokemon you're supposed to get from 2km, 5km and 10km eggs and I'm only getting ones I already have - it's definitely rigged. Found a pretty strong Pidgeotto (already have several) but was determined to get it for its CP so I first used a Razz Berry, then got a "Great" throw. Broke out. 2nd throw (Nice)... broke out. Captured it 4 times... game crashed. Re-opened, journal mentioned neither "capture" or "ran away" and it had vanished from the map. WTF

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Game is really starting to piss me off now. Another 5km egg hatched - fvcking HORSEA. That's my seventh Horsea I don't need any more. I found a list of Pokemon you're supposed to get from 2km, 5km and 10km eggs and I'm only getting ones I already have - it's definitely rigged. Found a pretty strong Pidgeotto (already have several) but was determined to get it for its CP so I first used a Razz Berry, then got a "Great" throw. Broke out. 2nd throw (Nice)... broke out. Captured it 4 times... game crashed. Re-opened, journal mentioned neither "capture" or "ran away" and it had vanished from the map. WTF

how strong is your seadra? 

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

how strong is your seadra? 

Non existant. I'm not that bothered about evolving at the moment as you have to collect a ridiculous amount. I've got Pidgeys, Rattatas, Weedles and Drowzees coming out my arse so I might transfer them soon but I just want some new ones

Pokemon caught: 172

Individual Pokemon caught: 31. Seen: 32 (Squirtle that vanished this morning despite a "great" capture). Hardly any new ones round my work or home, and when I see a silhouette in the tracker I go for it and often they don't surface - there was a horse looking one I spent 30 minutes on my lunch looking for, for 15 minutes it was the nearest one and never came up.

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Non existant. I'm not that bothered about evolving at the moment as you have to collect a ridiculous amount. I've got Pidgeys, Rattatas, Weedles and Drowzees coming out my arse so I might transfer them soon but I just want some new ones

Pokemon caught: 172

Individual Pokemon caught: 31. Seen: 32 (Squirtle that vanished this morning despite a "great" capture). Hardly any new ones round my work or home, and when I see a silhouette in the tracker I go for it and often they don't surface - there was a horse looking one I spent 30 minutes on my lunch looking for, for 15 minutes it was the nearest one and never came up.

evolve them before you transfer them. 500xp per evolution. 

me i caught my 500th pokemon last night. 

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

How many individuals though?

Do you get any XP for transferring base Pokemon?

indivduals i have caught 68 out of the 69 ive saw. a butterfree got away!

no xp for transferring. just evolving/capturing/poke stops/gyms. 

• Like 1

Vicky park for this is decent. Lures everywhere, even up to 4am. A few Evvies by the War Memorial and down the road at Nelson Mandela Park its a Ponyta paradise

Good to know Braggy is well stocked, probs go up there on Sunday.

Duplicates are good.

Trade them for candy and keep evolving and catching to get experience.

The higher level the more stuff you get.

I'm only level nine and whilst I still get shitloads of pidgey, ratatta, drowzee and zubat I'm also getting a steady supply of new Pokemon a day.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm only level nine and whilst I still get shitloads of pidgey, ratatta, drowzee and zubat I'm also getting a steady supply of new Pokemon a day.

Also level 9, hardly found any new ones in the last couple of days. Seen lots of silhouettes of unknowns, but often they don't show up. Wish there was a way you could set an ignore function to the ones you don't need

On the plus side I'm just 2 Drowzee candies away from evolving my strongest and getting rid of all the other cock-nosed twats out of my collection. 

5 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Also level 9, hardly found any new ones in the last couple of days. Seen lots of silhouettes of unknowns, but often they don't show up. Wish there was a way you could set an ignore function to the ones you don't need

On the plus side I'm just 2 Drowzee candies away from evolving my strongest and getting rid of all the other cock-nosed twats out of my collection. 

just transfer your 2 weakest and you can evolve your drowzee now? 

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Nah I meant if I were to transfer the thirteen I'd just be two candies short. I'm just excited I don't have to bother with them much longer

But you do, you're missing the point. You want to catch literally everything.

Catch as many pidgeys as you can, they're piss easy evolving experience. Why would you ignore them?

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But you do, you're missing the point. You want to catch literally everything.

Catch as many pidgeys as you can, they're piss easy evolving experience. Why would you ignore them?

Because I lost several Pokeballs trying to catch a fvcking Pidgey earlier. Kept escaping. I don't need any more Pidgeys, the XP gain is minimal and I'm not paying for items

will launch in japan overnight. game is already lagging as they add the asian servers. so far hong kong has 2. 

game will be unstable through the night and may not even work in the morning!

also the first "sponsored" stops will launch in japan with it too. 3000 new gyms will be created. all mcdonald's restaurants. 

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Oh FFS just had a 5km egg hatch... Bellsprout. AGAIN. Thought the 5km eggs were supposed to land you some alright Pokemon?

Bellsprout, more like Bellend amirite?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

will launch in japan overnight. game is already lagging as they add the asian servers. so far hong kong has 2. 

game will be unstable through the night and may not even work in the morning!

also the first "sponsored" stops will launch in japan with it too. 3000 new gyms will be created. all mcdonald's restaurants. 

Eurgh! At least it will give me something to do when I pop in to use their toilets.

If McDonalds are smart they will start giving away Pokemon in their happy meals. Hopefully not all 151 or there will be some fat kids trying to catch them all.

• Like 1

OMG I need a lie down. Just used a lucky egg and an incense, spent 30 minutes transferring all my rubbish Rattatas, Pidgeys, Bellsprouts etc and went on an evolving rampage... Shot up from level 9 right up to level 12! Got so many freebies for the level ups, 20 great balls, disposable incubator etc. Hopefully be able to do that every few days.

@Fingers - you were right I'm not passing up any more Pidgey bastards that was like striking oil

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Apparently they've added dedicated Europe servers.

Better than that there is a dedicated UK server. However all of them are linked. Hence why when we go down reddit goes mental too. It may be there is a UK server but it doesn't mean you are on that server. If it's full you will ping to whichever server can hold you and host a version of the game set off your server. But when say 5 million people want to go on japan's server and it's capacity is 2 it will swarm all the other servers with pings too and bring them down. It's basically a ddos attack but it's just traffic.