Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

One thing I've noticed is that the attacks have different power levels, with even really low cp Pokemon having stronger attacks than high cp ones. Does anyone know why, is it just random, or can you increase your attack strength by training?

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

One thing I've noticed is that the attacks have different power levels, with even really low cp Pokemon having stronger attacks than high cp ones. Does anyone know why, is it just random, or can you increase your attack strength by training?

I think it's so you consider strategy rather than just transfer a Pokemon because it has lower CP than the other. If the one with lower CP has better attacks, it may be worth powering it up thus improving its CP. 

Edited by VinceNoir

26 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

eggs are bullshit. i walk 1.7 miles to work and then walk back every day and my 5km egg hasn't hatched in two round trips. should hatch in one. scum. 

It's buggered, I brisk walked for 30 minutes earlier (nearly 2 miles or just shy of 3km) and it registered 1.1km. POKE-CON

Yeah the game's pretty fuched at registering distance travelled.  I'm definitely doing 3 or 4 times the distances shown for each egg.  Finally hatched my first 10km egg today and got rewarded with a fuching Mr. Mime, one with 2 shit moves no less.  To add insult to injury he came with thousands of candies so I could have upgraded him into a boss anyway if he had any moves worth using.

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is to encourage more walking I guess haha

Maybe it is, althoug I don't know if it tracks while you're capturing so that might have something to do with it

Anyone else not been able to get on this evening? Went for a 30 minute walk about an hour ago, managed to get on just twice both times it crashed during a capture, haven't been able to get on since. I'm less than 1km from hatching 2 10km eggs dagnabbit

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Maybe it is, althoug I don't know if it tracks while you're capturing so that might have something to do with it

Anyone else not been able to get on this evening? Went for a 30 minute walk about an hour ago, managed to get on just twice both times it crashed during a capture, haven't been able to get on since. I'm less than 1km from hatching 2 10km eggs dagnabbit

Within the last 2 hours I have had trouble getting, took several tries and around 20 minutes to get in last time

seems to get proper fu cked up from about 10pm onwards each night. few nervy moments in the day but generally bug free (bar it not noticing HOW FU CKING FAR IM WALKING PURELY FOR THIS GAME) then when it goes dark outside it dies. 

Got going at about 8pm today and it was an absolute pile of wank.

Catch a pidgey, crash, reboot for half an hour, highlight a Seadra, Error, crash, wait half an hour, catch a Pidgey, crash. For about 4 hours, got F all xp and only decent catches were doubles.

55 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Got going at about 8pm today and it was an absolute pile of wank.

Catch a pidgey, crash, reboot for half an hour, highlight a Seadra, Error, crash, wait half an hour, catch a Pidgey, crash. For about 4 hours, got F all xp and only decent catches were doubles.

It's been a particularly shitty night to try getting started tbf - I'm amazed you even got logged in at all.  As for highlighting pokemon on your tracker; I've not really noticed any benefit to this whatsoever.  Far as I can tell the tracker's completely broken when it comes to telling you anything other than which pokemon may potentially show up at a given point in time and your best bet is to try and keep the one you're after at the top-left of the tracker list but even then I get iffy results what with pokes 2 through 6 often showing up before 1.

Yeah I meant that I'd clicked on a nearby one that disappeared and then a red bar along the top read 'Error'. Also when you highlight a specific 'mon and turn to its direction it'll pulse so its still slightly usable.

Been reading up online too. Think I said before in here, theres a way you can get a map for any area has what's spawning there. http://pastebin.com/SkL1LcbR

Not been arsed to give it a go yet but could come in very handy if you could use it on the go.

I had 2 10km eggs hatch this morning... both Eevees. 

Here's what you're supposed to be able to get:

• Onix
  • Hitmonlee
  • Hitmonchan
  • Chansey
  • Mr. Mime
  • Scyther
  • Jynx
  • Electabuzz
  • Magmar
  • Pinsir
  • Lapras
  • Eevee
  • Omanyte
  • Kabuto
  • Aerodactyl
  • Snorlax
  • Dratini

I need all of those except Eevee and Electabuzz. Why does this game hate me?

Literally every time I start this game up, there is a pokemon nearby, that I then try to catch, to then watch the game crash. Restart it and the pokemon is gone.

This is every single time I start the game up, they even sent out an update last night that seems to have fixed absolutely nothing as far as the game crashing.

50 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

giphy.gif

lollollol

Is anyone else not having Pokecoins show up in the Shop? I need to buy a bag upgrade but the Coins aren't displaying - I checked the settings in case there's some Child Lock setting but can't see anything and I'll need it asap as I'm nearly at Level 14 and don't want to bin off items 

FIXED: reboot the phone

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo