Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

yup. work monday to friday 9-5. 

Honestly don't understand how people have time to play this so much lol

Edit : FFS this double posting thing is doing my head in!

Edited by MrSpaM

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Honestly don't understand how people have time to play this so much lol

phone is on battery saver mode and upside down on my desk. it glitches and he walks around, i hatch about 4-5 eggs a day at work, just go to the pokestops of an evening, get 9 more eggs, incubate them all and repeat. 

I hit level 21 last night by the way. I am aiming for 40 as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, ramboacdc said:

phone is on battery saver mode and upside down on my desk. it glitches and he walks around, i hatch about 4-5 eggs a day at work, just go to the pokestops of an evening, get 9 more eggs, incubate them all and repeat. 

I guess that explains some of it, I work underground so I can't get a GPS signal, even though there's a pokestop within reach of my desk :dry:

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

That is a great tip thanks! Maybe if I could get on the bleddy game I could try it

I'm level 18, 1300 XP away from levelling up.

Pokedex says I've saw 57 & caught 56 (Sea King was the one that got away).

My top 3 are:

952 Hypno

846 Golbat

836 Vaporeon

It helps that there's a Pokestop next door which I can activate without moving off my sofa lollol 

I just can't be bothered to take this seriously. I don't walk much so it hasn't gripped me. My strongest Pokemon is a raticate with about 200cp. I just go on when I happen to be out and about. Not bothered bout gyms or anything like that. Going to the Celtic game tomorrow so will hav a nose at what's around Glasgow

10 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

From an outsider who doesn't play this, I can honestly say you all sound ****ing nuts, or in this case balls. Pokeballs.

Give it a go. I thought it was ridiculous and wasn't particularly into Pokemon when it first came out (I was about 11 at the time) but you find yourself out walking way more than you normally would. I've been walking at least an hour more than usual a day for the last week and I was drumming last night - my footwork is noticeably stronger already. Also find I'm not nipping to the shop at lunch to waste money on snacks

There's enough weirdos like us out there so it's not really shameful anymore! (Plus the more you play the better you get at making it look like you're just texting and not stopping everywhere gasping that you found a new Pokemon)

30 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Give it a go. I thought it was ridiculous and wasn't particularly into Pokemon when it first came out (I was about 11 at the time) but you find yourself out walking way more than you normally would. I've been walking at least an hour more than usual a day for the last week and I was drumming last night - my footwork is noticeably stronger already. Also find I'm not nipping to the shop at lunch to waste money on snacks

There's enough weirdos like us out there so it's not really shameful anymore! (Plus the more you play the better you get at making it look like you're just texting and not stopping everywhere gasping that you found a new Pokemon)

Don't think I have the patience for it. I'd probably end up launching my phone under a truck. 

Same here. We talking iPhone/Android or what?

Hit level 10 today.

Are people levelling up just one Pokemon or are they having a selection which they are levelling up together? I've got 3 level 500s now, and a couple of stragglers at about 250/300. Can't decide if I want to keep the 500s going or to let the rest catch up. I haven't been to any gyms yet so I don't really know how that all works. 

3 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

What do ya do then? Set the phone upsidedown and put battery saver on?

Got a glut of 5k eggs begging me to buy incubators, also my first 10k egg gave me a lvl243 Onix, I named it Anal Bead

yeah. if you can get an app that stops your screen turning off too and keep it on charge you are laughing. 

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Tried that battery saver/phone upside down thing and it doesn't work for me unless I'm doing it wrong 

turn the battery saving mode on, turn your phone upside down. the screen will go black. this means it is on but its saving your battery by dimming the screen. when anything turns up it will vibrate and to get the dude to walk on his own its usually better to be high up instead of on the ground as the triangulation system ****s up (sat nav satellites arent designed to see how up you are, just where you are so it you will wander around)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Just took the dogs out for a walk for about half an hour, seen shed loads of flying leaves about but not one Pokemon popped up. Not even a bastard Pidgey ffs. 

From what I gather you get better odds of a poke in areas of high network activity.  Explains why I always find a rattata or pidgey at home near a college and industrial estate but nothing shows up at work in a pub off the beaten track.

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Just took the dogs out for a walk for about half an hour, seen shed loads of flying leaves about but not one Pokemon popped up. Not even a bastard Pidgey ffs. 

Yet I bet you missed loads of other stuff going on in the actual bushes whilst your face was glued to your phone!