Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

So what happens if I leave my Pokemon at a gym? Will it gain xp or only if it has a battle? Can I lose it if I leave it at a gym that gets conquered? Basically is it worth leaving my strongest Pokemon at a gym round the corner Jynx Cp 336 or is it a risk?

11 hours ago, Captain... said:

So what happens if I leave my Pokemon at a gym? Will it gain xp or only if it has a battle? Can I lose it if I leave it at a gym that gets conquered? Basically is it worth leaving my strongest Pokemon at a gym round the corner Jynx Cp 336 or is it a risk?

If (when) the gym is defeated, you'll get it back but it'll be fainted. Just use your revives/potions on it and it'll be fine. You wont be able to take it out until tht point though.

It won't gain xp, but you get what is called a 'defense bonus' from having pokemon in gyms. 10 coins and some stardust per gym you're a part of, per day I believe. Maybe some trainer xp too, not sure.

Speaking of gyms, they've pretty much just been ruined where I live. A group of 3 people went around last night at about 10-11ish, claiming EVERY single gym in the area. It's the same 3 people in every single gym, all of them around level 20 with three 1K+ CP pokemon. :dry: Sat in my flat I can see at least 6 gyms that they've claimed, but I'm sure there's plenty more further into town that they've also nabbed :/

19 minutes ago, Xen said:

If (when) the gym is defeated, you'll get it back but it'll be fainted. Just use your revives/potions on it and it'll be fine. You wont be able to take it out until tht point though.

It won't gain xp, but you get what is called a 'defense bonus' from having pokemon in gyms. 10 coins and some stardust per gym you're a part of, per day I believe. Maybe some trainer xp too, not sure.

Speaking of gyms, they've pretty much just been ruined where I live. A group of 3 people went around last night at about 10-11ish, claiming EVERY single gym in the area. It's the same 3 people in every single gym, all of them around level 20 with three 1K+ CP pokemon. :dry: Sat in my flat I can see at least 6 gyms that they've claimed, but I'm sure there's plenty more further into town that they've also nabbed :/

Abbey Park was like that. I went to explore this gym lark and they were all full of 800-1100 Pokemon from level 20 odd trainers.

Who has the time? Seriously?

I wandered over to the cafe where there's two pokecentres next to each other, both with lure modules on and sitting between them was a haggle of flabby, awkward, obnoxious student nerds who - before Pokemon go - probably hadn't switched Warcraft off and left the house in about five years.

I promptly turned the app off, had an ice cream, enjoyed the sun and walked home.

I always find it funny

"Go outside nerd"

"No not like that, stop it"

Let the people who have more time than you enjoy their little gym battles whilst I myself just catch them all. More of a collector than a fighter.

Although I've had this gym for over 50 hours now....

>_<

• Like 2

Are lots of iPhone users still struggling to get on? My girlfriend is sulking because she hasn't been able to log on for a couple of days now.

She has a Pokemon trainer account not a Google one and it's asking her to verify even though she's played a fair bit.

It says it's sending her an email that never arrives.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are lots of iPhone users still struggling to get on? My girlfriend is sulking because she hasn't been able to log on for a couple of days now.

She has a Pokemon trainer account not a Google one and it's asking her to verify even though she's played a fair bit.

And you're too busy catching Pokemon so you're asking us. :) 

5 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

went to Braggy park last night which, apart from the obvious stunning weather, was great for catching pokemon. Caught 4 Magmars, couple of clefairy, squirtle (12cp :dry:), Fearow, rhyhorn and a couple of others.

how many pokestops? we went lough park and it was a gold mine!

also i heard that the level cap is 40 and to reach it you need 5 million XP. race to the top guys. 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Google-based accounts and Pokemon Trainer Club accounts run off different servers, from what I've heard. The PTC account servers have been down a lot more than the google ones from my experience (My partner is lucky as he's on the google side, whereas I'm the sucker with a PTC account. Both iphones, both running ios10 beta)

Just went for a wander - found my first Squirtle (60-ish CP), got a "Great" first throw then the bastard got out the Pokeball and ran off. Couldn't find him again. Fuming.

BUT THEN

I found a 413 CP Electrabuzz, captured it first throw!! My next most powerful Pokemon is only a 189CP Drowzee, couldn't believe that find

38 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

image.jpeg

Just seen this 

If any of that is true, I'm not too keen on second gen being added. I mainly play this for the nostalgic value and only get that from first gen Pokemon. If they do add more, it would be cool if they allowed you the option to have them in-game or not, but I doubt that'd be the case.