Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Ratings v Donnie

Weale-7

Naughton-7.5 Apart from his goal (and the celebration) nothing special

Vitor-7

Davies-7 Nearly gifted a goal

Cunningham-7.5 Struggled defensively in the 1st half. Put in some cracking crosses.

Abe-7.5 A decent player but not as good as some of the hype he gets on here.

Wellens-8 Got stuck in when we were struggling, best goal of the game.

King-7.5 One of his quieter games still a goal threat.

Gallagher-7.5 He gets some stick but I rate him

,Bedner-6 Fooking donkey

Vassell-7.5 Looked far better in the centre.

Subs;

Dyer-7.5 Changed the game.

Waghorn-7

Oakley-N/A

Weale-7

Naughton-7 Nearly gifted a goal for the second home game in a row. Apart from his goal (and the celebration) nothing special

Vitor-7

Davies-7.5

Cunningham-7.5 Struggled defensively in the 1st half. Put in some cracking crosses.

Abe-7.5 A decent player but not as good as some of the hype he gets on here.

Wellens-8 Got stuck in when we were struggling, best goal of the game.

King-7.5 One of his quieter games still a goal threat.

Gallagher-7.5 He gets some stick but I rate him

,Bedner-6 Fooking donkey

Vassell-7.5 Looked far better in the centre.

Subs;

Dyer-7.5 Changed the game.

Waghorn-7

Oakley-N/A

Wasn't it Davies that nearly gifted a goal in the first half :dunno:

Weirdly, I thought we actually played better at Bristol City and lost. Funneh old game.

Weirdly, I thought we actually played better at Bristol City and lost. Funneh old game.

Seems you're right. Edited accordingly.

Weale - 7

Naughton - 8.5

Vitor - 7.5

Davies - 7.5

Cunningham - 7.5

Abe - 7.5

Wellens - 9 (MOTM)

King - 8

Gallagher - 7.5

,Bedner - 6

Vassell - 8

Subs;

Dyer - 8.5

Waghorn - 7

Oakley - 6

Weale - 7

Naughton - 8 Never stopped running and was a constant outball which we used to great effect, took his goal well

Davies - 7 Almost gifted them a goal but kept them quiet other than that

Vitor - 7 Didn't have too much to do and looks class when on the ball and broke forward well a couple of times

Cunningham - 8 Similar to Naughton and that free kcick would have taken the net off if it went in

Abe - 7 Quiet day as they continually bypassed the midfield with balls in the channels, did what was needed

Wellens - 9 Ran the midfield, great goal and drove the team forward to good effect

King - 8 Always looking to get forward and some nice through balls

Vassell - 9 Lead the line brilliantly, won headers constantly dragging the defenders around and held the ball up superbly, and was calmness personified with his goal, should get to play through the middle more often

Gallagher - 7 Well taken pen and generally did well but was quite poor first half

Bednar - 6 Doesn't look match fit yet

Subs:

Dyer - 8 Linked up brilliantly with Vassell and great movement creating space for Naughton, nice through ball for Vassell's goal

Waghorn - 7 Looked low on confidence especially when he mucked up a one on one but he showed that he could fit into the formation well and was made up for him to get a goal

Oakley - 7 Helped to see the game out

Weale 7 - much more assured at home.

Naughton 8.5 - absolutely fantastic to see his attacking down the right, every chance he got.

Vitor 8 - this guys the real deal.

Davies 7.5 - clearly a good player but seems over confident and always prone to an error.

Cunningham 7 - great 2nd half and fantastic free kick, would be higher but was a bit off during 15/20 minutes.

Abe & Wellens 9 - ran the show second half.

King 7 - one of his quiet games but good in his supporting the forward role.

Gallagher 8 - great penalty and corners today.

Bedner 3 - another unfit player thats going to take 7/8 games to find some form it seems.

Vassell 7.5 - from the sublime to the ridiculous. had a great impact when moved up front..

Subs

Dyer 7.5 - what a difference a bit of pace makes, thankfully Howard wasn't on the bench and Lloyd got his chance.

Waghorn 6.5 - shocking control when through on goal, but finished the rebound well.

Oakley - 7 - great ball through for Waghorn, should have resulted in a goal.

In fact I think our performances have been pretty much consistent under Sven in the sense that we serve up some good pootball and some total rubbish in pretty much every game.

I do not think we were that much better than at Watford, the difference was that Donny caved under pressure and let us score some goals and Watford didn't, simple as.

Weale 7 - much more assured at home.

Naughton 8.5 - absolutely fantastic to see his attacking down the right, every chance he got.

Vitor 8 - this guys the real deal.

Davies 7.5 - clearly a good player but seems over confident and always prone to an error.

Cunningham 7 - great 2nd half and fantastic free kick, would be higher but was a bit off during 15/20 minutes.

Abe & Wellens 9 - ran the show second half.

King 7 - one of his quiet games but good in his supporting the forward role.

Gallagher 8 - great penalty and corners today.

Bedner 3 - another unfit player thats going to take 7/8 games to find some form it seems.

Vassell 7.5 - from the sublime to the ridiculous. had a great impact when moved up front..

Subs

Dyer 7.5 - what a difference a bit of pace makes, thankfully Howard wasn't on the bench and Lloyd got his chance.

Waghorn 6.5 - shocking control when through on goal, but finished the rebound well.

Oakley - 7 - great ball through for Waghorn, should have resulted in a goal.

Cunningham was taking most corners weren't he from where I was it looked like it sorry if I'm wrong.

Weale 6.5

Naughton 8

Davies 6

Vitor 7

Cunningham 7.5

Abe 7

Wellens 8.5 MOTM

King 7

Gallagher 7

Bednar 5

Vassell 7.5 (6 as a wide forward, 9 down the middle)

Subs: Dyer 7 (not individually brilliant but substitution was catalyst for change in approach), Waghorn 6, Oakley N/A

Weale 7

Naughton 8 - Both full backs were superb going forward.

Davies 7

Vitor 7

Cunningham 7.5

King 8

Wellens 9

Abe 8

Vassell 8.5 - Hope he stays in the central role

Bednar 6

Gallagher 7 - Not exactly a great performance, but better than least week

Subs:

Waghorn 7

Dyer 8

Oakley 6

Bednar - 1

The only poster so far to give Bednar the correct score and I'm only giving the 1 for turning up at the right stadium. Can't remember a first touch that didn't bounce away, most passes didn't complete and he never won ONE header, largely because he seemed imcapable of jumping. Reminded me of Mark DeVries - and that's being unfair to Mark.

Weale - 7 Never had anything to do except the goal, which (from where I sat) seemed he didn't have much chance with, and pawed it behind late in the game from a good cross.

Naughton - 8 Top defender, very dangerous going forward and there were a few occasions when he found space, but the ball for one reason or another didn't find him.

Davies - 6 Looked to blame for the goal and other slip ups

Vitor - 7 Looks accomplished on the ball, less so under a high ball. Harsh to jude him on what is really a physical stature issue, but not sure he can cut it in a very physical league

Cunnngham - 8 Great free kick that should have been a goal, got forward and came inside on occasion to prove a threat.

Gallagher - 7.5 Cool penalty and much better in the second half, but gave the ball away too often.

Wellens - 8.5 I missed his strike for the goal! :angry: All I saw was the ball enter the net. But I was thinking even before then that he was one of only 2-3 players who played well the entire match

Abe - 8.5 One of only a few players who played well for the whole 90. A few errors, but he never stopped trying.

King - 7 Fairly anonymous performance today, even with the late post strike.

Vassell - 7.5 Anonymous until he was brought inside, where he was much more effective. Nice that he finely got off the mark. He's still not the answer to our lack of goals though.

Subs

Dyer - 8 Changed the game. Surely he has to start against Ipswich?

Waghorn - 7.5 On late, but a well taken goal. More please?

Oakley - On far too late to give any kind of rating

Weale 6.5 (One leaping salmon tipping of a cross to safety but otherwise untroubled. No chance with the goal as I could see).

Naughton 8 (Quality goal, constantly supported the attack by making himself available)

Davies 6 (Poor. Careless header should have given them a goal. Caught in possession trying to dribble in silly places. Our central defence totally lost a runner for their goal and, overall, not sharp enough in closing down).

Vitor 6.75 (Cool on the ball but, between himself and Davies, should have taken the runner who supplied their goal)

Cunningham 6.75 (Fearsome free-kick which struck the bar but good and bad in his general play)

Abe 7.5 (Busy as always. Guilty of giving them too much space early on but helped us control the second period).

Wellens 9.25 (Excellent goal and has showed signs recently of being more willing to shoot. Invovled in creating goals and in so many of our other good moves while also helping to dominate midfield, particularly second half).

King 7.5 (Should have scored but at least hit enough of the target to allow us the rebound. Close with a header onto the woodwork and one through ball in the first half shoud have gifted Vassell a goal. Generally constructive and willing to make runs which created space).

Vassell 8.5 (Good to see him score, should have had another but was far more effective in unsettling their defence than ever Bednar was going to be. Involved all around him and helped give us so much movement up front that Doncaster couldn't cope in the end).

Gallagher 6.5 (Unusual style for the penalty but emphatically and effectively taken. Not at his best otherwise).

Bednar 0 (I've seriously tried to think of something he did that might stand as a relevant contribution to the game but cannot think of anything. His ball control was awful, he was slow, ponderous with his decision making, nothing special in the air and made our attack look laboured).

Subs:

Dyer 9 (Involved in creating goals and in so much of our better play. His pace and movement was just what we needed and we looked a much more dangerous team when he came on. Quite apart from his own contributions, his positive impace helped make time and space for others. Suddenly we were passing and moving between and behind the opposition defenders and they had absolutely no answer.

Waghorn 7.5 ( Much-needed goal and an assist as well in his shortish cameo was an excellent contribution. Kept the play flowing and the team moving slickly, despite a bit of collective easing off at the end).

Oakley (Of no consequence in the time he was on)

Weale 6 - Nothing to do really, although he nearly caused another kamikaze moment.

Naughton 8 - SIGN HIM UP. Pure class. excellent going forward today.

Cunningham 7 - Looking very steady and consistent now, great effort hitting the bar.

Davies 7 - A few shaky moments but solid enough.

Vitor 7 - Very cool on the ball, needs to keep fit.

Gallagher 6 - Wasn't that great again, but he still gave 100%, that's all we can ask.

Wellens 8 - Ran the midfield, glad he's decided to have a pop, paid off with a great goal and got an assist, maybe two?

King 7 - So unlucky not to score, hit the wood work twice. Such a key player.

Abe 7 - Firmly finding his feet now and is excellent at shielding the back four, would love him to bag.

Vassell 8 - When he went up front he was amazing, and very good in the air.

Bednar 3 - Stood in some shit on the way home, whilst scraping it off it seemed to look very much like him.

Dyer 8 - Changed the game, Must start next week.

Waghorn 7 - Got involved as soon as he came on, would've had 2 due to a lack of playing time and a poor touch.

Tom Moore's half time performance - 10.

Weale - 7

Naughton - 8.5 made some great runs the midfielder, and some good crosses.

Davies - 7 - got lucky not to give Doncaster an easy goal, other than that was pretty solid.

Vitor - 7 - A a bit slow from the start but eventually found his feet and was pretty solid in the end.

Cunnngham - 8.5 - Was a constant threat from the start and made some good runs off Gallagher/Dyer. was unlucky to see his stunning free kick hit the bar.

Gallagher - 8 - Cannot see why people don't rate this lad, apart from not really attempting to win some headers his skill and movement on the ball, also delivered some great balls in from crosses and corners.

Wellens - 9 - Yet again was pure class, MOTM.

Abe - 8 - Starting to like this guy, never stops running, and trying hard, some of his passes didn't find there man but other than that was very good and confident.

King - 7 - Was unlucky not to score, looked good, better than against Watford, and got up regularly like he usually does.

Vassell - 7.5 - Was a hell of a lot better playing in the centre with Gallagher and Dyer in support, well taken goal which he thoroughly deserved.

Bednar - 3 - Totally useless, think my first touch is better than his, i was excited about this signing and I've always liked Bednar but he was awful today.

Dyer - 7.5 - Changed the game when he came on, does what normal Lloyd dyer usually does, skins his man, and delivers into the box and makes good runs.

Waghorn - 7 - Did nothing wrong today, glad to see him on the score sheet.

Oakley -N/A.

Without going as far as to say Bednar was the cause of the shambles of the start of the game, there was all but 2 leicester line ups today - the one before and after Dyer was introduced...

Weale 6

Naughton 5

Davies 4 - sloppy play nearly cost a second goal

Vitor & Cunningham 4 - not on the same wavelength

Abe, Wellens, King - all 5 -didn't get enough 2nd ball

Vassell - no real impact from the wing 5

Bednar - unimpressive 4

Gallagher - very poor 4

Weale 7 - another dodgy charge out of his area but did well getting rid of a nasty looking cross at 2or3-1

Naughton 8 - loads of pace and energy - get him in on a long-term contract. Future england RB

Davies&Vitor 8 - Didn't give their strikers a look-in

Cunningham 8 - great hit from free kick, always looking to get forward.

Abe 9 - owned the midfield

King 7- busier than the first half

Wellens 8 - clearly doesn't belong to 'don't celebrate against your old club' brigade.

Dyer 8 - made a huge difference, regardless of the pen incident

Vassell 9 - looked a class apart leading the line, worried their defence to death

Gallagher - 7 Good effort for stepping up for the penalty, but possibly the least impressive of the 2nd half performances

Waghorn 7 - bad first touch when should have gone through but kept his head up and hopefully the goal will do him good

Oakley N/A

Weale-7

Naughton - 8 - Supported the attack well

Vitor - 7 - Dodgy first 20 mins, solid after

Davies - 7.5 Solid ableit with one cock-up

Cunningham -7 Got forward well, went missing in the 1st half

Abe - 8 - I love him

Wellens - 8 - Classic Wellens, great goal

King - 7.5 - Should of had a hat-trick, great runs all game

Gallagher - 6 - Only looked decent when the game was won, we don't need players like that

Bedner - 5 - Dreaful

Vassell - 7 - His choice of runs were bizarre but did work hard and got a goal

Subs;

Dyer - 8 - Changed the game.

Waghorn - 7

Oakley-N/A

Archived